Pickpocket On The Run

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

[quote]anonym wrote:
Consider yourself lucky this criminal didn’t escape and kill your uncle in a tragic carjacking.

You’d have to SERIOUSLY overcompensate for quite a long-ass time.[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]anonym wrote:
Consider yourself lucky this criminal didn’t escape and kill your uncle in a tragic carjacking.

hahaha. If this analogy hadn’t been made I would have lost a considerable amount of faith in the constituency of fanboys on this site.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]anonym wrote:

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:

I’m counting on thebodyguard and fightingirish to weigh in here :wink:

Edit: Well that wasn’t very flammable, irish. lol[/quote]

You don’t know me well do you. I’m big on “mind your own fucking business” as a default, with reasonable fact specific exceptions.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]anonym wrote:

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]anonym wrote:

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Ahhh mannn you mean I could have caught him…sheeeeet

[quote]anonym wrote:

[/quote]

LMFAO

OP, the other posters were right who said to stay out of it. Like they said, a lot of assumptions can be made, but unless you know the whole story; it’s best to let the proper people handle it

Me and a couple of my friends tried to ‘play the hero’ one time during school. Our bus was driving past a park where we saw some heavily pregnant lady being thrown to the ground by some dude, who then proceeded to rummage through her purse.

We stopped the bus and ran over to the park… only to realise the guy was a much bigger up-close (read: a fucking giant), and seemed fucked up on drugs. We just kinda stood around the woman while I dialled for the police, because none of us were willing to take the guy on. He succumbed to the stand-off and walked away, but man - he coulda jacked us up easily.

Kinda cool, but very reckless when I think about it… considering we were barely around 17 at the time.

I always found it weird that people, well especially guys with their wallets in their pants, could be pickpocketed.
I can feel my wallet quite easily and would know if it were being taken out.

^WTF? Nards… or DB??? Colour me confuzzled.

[quote]Nards wrote:
I always found it weird that people, well especially guys with their wallets in their pants, could be pickpocketed.
I can feel my wallet quite easily and would know if it were being taken out.[/quote]

I had a pickpocket attempt to get into my purse while his friend distracted me but I felt something and turned around and punch the twerp in the gut and he shrieked.

There was no money in my purse and he was trying to open a decorative buckle lol

When I was in Bolivia, I caught a dude trying to pickpocket me. I grabbed his hand and punched him in the face a few times. I was applauded by the local vendors, apparently this guy had a reputation and a history of theft (according to my friends who were translating). He got up and ran away, no cops were called. Felt good.

[quote]Nards wrote:
I can feel my wallet quite easily and would know if it were being taken out.[/quote]

If I were to hazard a guess, I’d say it was more likely an iphone or something. People are always using them for entertainment while waiting for the bus or something like that. Would be very easy to snatch.

Grey area judgement aside, it’s a good thing you didn’t actually step in successfully and then post because then you would be a lying attention whore.

Just saying.

I’d have stopped him.

In that split of a second you got to act I don’t think about “danger” or “lawsuits”.

I’ve been involved in few situations like this and I have no doubt that I’ll keep intervening when required. When I see a situation like this, my mind goes blank and I just act. It’s dangerous, but for now only good things have come from it.

[quote]Edevus wrote:
I’d have stopped him.

In that split of a second you got to act I don’t think about “danger” or “lawsuits”.

I’ve been involved in few situations like this and I have no doubt that I’ll keep intervening when required. When I see a situation like this, my mind goes blank and I just act. It’s dangerous, but for now only good things have come from it. [/quote]
I agree. It’s great to be logical but when you see someone being wronged, especially if they look helpless, you can’t help stepping in.

And you are right, it is more of a reaction than a thought process in the moment.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]anonym wrote:

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]Edevus wrote:
I’d have stopped him.

I’ve been involved in few situations like this and I have no doubt that I’ll keep intervening when required. When I see a situation like this, my mind goes blank and I just act. It’s dangerous, but for now only good things have come from it. [/quote]
I agree. It’s great to be logical but when you see someone being wronged, especially if they look helpless, you can’t help stepping in.

And you are right, it is more of a reaction than a thought process in the moment.[/quote]

I must agree.

There have been a few times that I’ve done something when I see something bad happen.
The last time was at a department store here in Taiwan and I was waiting outside the bathrooms for my girlfriend to come out and I heard a scream from inside the women’s bathroom and a big guy (maybe only 5’7" but about 4’5" across) came running out then a woman came out yelling in Chinese that he was watching her so I ran after him and caught him near the door.
He gave in right away, though I don’t really know why because he could’ve given me a good fight, so I held him by his sweater’s shoulders till security came a minute later.

My girlfriend was miffed later that I would do that, as in it was dangerous to get involved and all that shit, but yeah, as HoustonGuy said, you just do it naturally, as in quickly without much thinking.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]anonym wrote:

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Dude this is winner, you are the boss.