Picking Up U2 Bono! Saweeet Story!

Oiler Brule gave lift to hitchhiking Bono

EDMONTON - Edmonton Oiler Gilbert Brule and his girlfriend picked up an unusual hitchhiker in West Vancouver on Tuesday – U2 frontman Bono.

Brule and girlfriend Kelsey Nichols were driving to a park to walk Bella, their German shepherd, on Tuesday afternoon near the West Vancouver Yacht club when they spotted a couple of hitchhikers on the side of the road.

Brule, watching out the window, was sure one of them was Bono.

Nichols, who was driving, didn’t believe him, because, really, why would Bono be hitchhiking in West Van?
“I didn’t want to stop, but they waved and G yelled ‘that’s Bono’,” Nichols said Wednesday night at Commonwealth Stadium. “I didn’t believe him so I kept driving.”

The couple went on, a short distance anyway, all the while Brule trying to convince Nichols to turn around. Eventually, she agreed.

The hitchhikers were still there when they drove up, so they yelled out: “Bono!”

He waved and walked over to their truck.

The Irishman, who indeed was Bono, asked if they could give him and his assistant a lift to Horseshoe Bay. Of course, Brule and Nichols obliged.

Turns out, he and his assistant had gone out for a walk when it started to rain, just before Brule and Nichols happened upon them.

On the drive to Horseshoe Bay, Bono and his assistant sat in the back with the couple’s dog. The four chatted about Brule’s hockey career, about Dublin and Bono’s apparent love for Vancouver.

Bono mentioned that his band was playing a show in Edmonton on Wednesday and asked if they’d like to go.

So Brule and Nichols sold their tickets for Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals, bought plane tickets (three, so Brule’s mom could come too) and flew back to Edmonton, where Brule is a forward for the Oilers.

Bono got them backstage passes to say thanks for the ride.

On Nichols’s pass, he wrote: “Thanks for the ride.”

On Brule’s pass, he wrote: “My hero Gilbert.”

It was the strangest thing.

“We go to walk our dog and Bono ends up in our car,” Brule said.

Bono paid tribute to the favour onstage during Wednesday’s concert.

“I like ice hockey because people who play ice hockey are the kind of people who pick up hitchhikers,” Bono told the crowd.

“I’m ever so grateful. I’ve decided that I want to be Gilbert Brule.”

Bono is a huge friggin turd.

Brule should have taken the opportunity to do the world a giant favor and snuff Bono, the jail time would be worth it.

[quote]gregron wrote:
Bono is a huge friggin turd.[/quote]

I love South Park.

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:
Brule should have taken the opportunity to do the world a giant favor and snuff Bono, the jail time would be worth it.[/quote]

So I love how everybody hates himself being labeled or judged and gregon and jasehxc come on a rip Bono!

Who has done lots for humanity and has a very long successful career.

Iâ??m not coming to his defense, donâ??t know him personally but have spent time with many celebrities Eric Clapton, Andy Garcia etc… And found many of them so down to earth sincere people.

I thought this story just show the non-glamour side, riding in the truck with their dog and all, not all limo and entourage etcâ?¦

I think Brule had a great time with it or are you guys just jealous?

[quote]exstream wrote:
or are you guys just jealous?
[/quote]

nope. I just cant stand that friggin douche. You’re INSIDE and its NIGHT TIME MOTHER FUCKER! Take off your sunglasses you douche!

Bono is a tool, and U2 sucks. He would make better roadkill than a vocalist.
And Clapton is a gay.

[quote]bcingu wrote:

And Clapton is a gay.[/quote]

Blasphemy!!!

Man, fuck Bono.

[quote]exstream wrote:

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:
Brule should have taken the opportunity to do the world a giant favor and snuff Bono, the jail time would be worth it.[/quote]

So I love how everybody hates himself being labeled or judged and gregon and jasehxc come on a rip Bono!

Who has done lots for humanity and has a very long successful career.

Iâ??m not coming to his defense, donâ??t know him personally but have spent time with many celebrities Eric Clapton, Andy Garcia etc… And found many of them so down to earth sincere people.

I thought this story just show the non-glamour side, riding in the truck with their dog and all, not all limo and entourage etcâ?¦

I think Brule had a great time with it or are you guys just jealous?
[/quote]

English mother fucker, do you speak it???

I’m a fan of Bono and U2.

[quote]imhungry wrote:
I’m a fan of Bono and U2.[/quote]

He had good music in the 80’s/early 90’s, probably can’t lift more than me, and never put sugar in my gas tank. No hate over here.

So you hate Bono, who cares? I don’t, Damn sure he does’t care!

I thought the story was interesting!!

But I like the reasons, wears sunglasses indoors, can’t sing, etc…

Yeah I guess his 30 plus years at the top, Nobel Peace Prize nomination, tons of great activist causes etc…

You might want to gander at his Biograph before your quick judgement

I might be going out on a limb here, guessing you haters are early 20’s, no personal or business success, prob not married, no kids, just starting to learn about Life!

That’s the nice version

[quote]exstream wrote:

Yeah I guess his 30 plus years at the top, Nobel Peace Prize nomination, tons of great activist causes etc…

I might be going out on a limb here, guessing you haters are early 20’s, no personal or business success, prob not married, no kids, just starting to learn about Life!

That’s the nice version [/quote]

LAWL!
This guy is visibly upset that nobody likes his story.

Wahhhhhhhhhhmbulance must be called immediately after he finishes his wahhhburger and side of french cries.

[quote]exstream wrote:

I hate Bono as much as ID hates Phil Collins.

I think that makes my feelings clear.

[quote]exstream wrote:

EDIT: Blah blah blah old people are so much better than young people, each generation just gets worse and worse, etc etc.

I’d like to pick him up and then freak him out. Activate the child lock as soon as he gets in.

Bono: “Are…are you sure this is the way to the arena?”

Me: “We’re not going to the arena”

Bono: “oh…well where ARE we going?”

Me: “Rape mountain”

Bono: “…why do they call it that?”

<Look over at Bono, silently mouth the word “Irish” and nod approvingly, start grabbing his thigh>

I’ve liked U2 since they started (saw 'em in Philly before they became big stars).

Say what you will of them (especially Bono), but who can argue the unique cutting sound of Edge’s guitar at a time when metal and punk riffing was the thing. And though he’s getting older, Bono’s voice still sounds youthful and full of vitality.