Picking Up Girls in the Gym

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
Is anyone else offended that a guy who goes to the gym and expends any sort of energy trying to pick my chicks, posts here?

You only need to focus on your relationship with the weights when you’re at the gym.

[/quote]

I apologize for offending you. I don’t find it that baffling that someone would consider meeting others in an activity that they share a passion for. I understand the mentality of taking workouts seriously, but I don’t think a short conversation during a break between sets is a huge expenditure of energy.

Lol this is why this site cracks me up

[quote]Captnoblivious wrote:
A slightly serious reply.

Are you tall, aesthetic, big as a brick shithouse? There is a lot more competition in a gym than out in the world.

Lets look at the odds and social dynamics.

Generally you’re looking at a highly skewed M to F sex ratio. Then you take into account, if a gym hottie is single. She probably isn’t single for long. I would do a little recon before making a move in the gym. Lots of couples in the gym.

Are you outgoing in the gym? Do you smile and talk to everyone. I call this, the social vulture maneuver. So when said cardio bunny does become single or thinks about it you’re probably on her mind. IE, when something dies you’re ready to swoop in…lol

At my current gym, there are quite a few men who chat up ANY woman in the place. This behavior is pretty common at commercial gyms.

I go to a gym to lift and reduce stress. Not to talk to women. I do have women hit on me on occasionally. A woman would have to be pretty special for me to take a shit on my front porch.

[/quote]

You live in Great Britain right? This has Brit behaviour all over it. I’ve found British dudes in their 20s carry an almost obnoxious like confidence that spills over to almost all factions of social interaction. [/quote]

Hell mother fucking no! I would blow my fucking brains out if I had to listen to British people speak on a daily basis…lol (ozies and kiwis are okay)

I’m in the Southern US.

[quote]peterlotus wrote:
Thanks for the good advice. I will resist the urge unless it’s blatantly obvious. I was just baffled by the rejections after receiving indicators of interest that lead to success in almost any other situation.[/quote]

What indicators and cues are you talking about?

Honestly, it sounds like you might be misreading a little bit.

never shit where you eat! if you start dating some girl at the gym then break up ugly you’ll always be seeing them. one day when you’re just getting ready to lock out that new P.R. on the bench she’ll walk by and accidently drop a 20lb db on your nuts!

never shit where you eat! if you start dating some girl at the gym then break up ugly you’ll always be seeing them. one day when you’re just getting ready to lock out that new P.R. on the bench she’ll walk by and drop a 20lb db on your nuts!

[quote]silverblood wrote:
never shit where you eat![/quote]

Sometimes after a grueling squat/dead day, Ill take a crap while eating a bowl of cereal. Multitasking at its finest. Hopefully this info helps the OP out some.

You never know, they might just lose their pants over it.

I approached the gym from a less cocky viewpoint the last few days and it turns out that there actually aren’t any girls blatantly checking me out. :frowning:

Last month a girl at my gym actually came up to me and asked me out on the spot. I said yeah but we still haven’t actually gone. I really don’t feel like potentially ruining going to the gym at that time since she’s always there. Maybe one day, great body she’s got.

[quote]orion wrote:
Next time one stares at you and looks down after 2-3 seconds when you look back, you walk up to her and ask :, So, you want me?"

Then you see what happens.

Does not matter what she says, if she is flustered, she does. [/quote]

I do this all the time.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[/quote]

And this is exactly what and how you should do it, OP.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:
Next time one stares at you and looks down after 2-3 seconds when you look back, you walk up to her and ask :, So, you want me?"

I do this all the time.[/quote]

Yeah, but you got balls.

[quote]Rattler wrote:
Last month a girl at my gym actually came up to me and asked me out on the spot. I said yeah but we still haven’t actually gone. I really don’t feel like potentially ruining going to the gym at that time since she’s always there. Maybe one day, great body she’s got. [/quote]

Ruin…

Gym…

You know that you will be dead soon, right?

Sometimes, I think that that is what game comes down to.

You will die, very, very soon.

So, how much do you risk really?

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

I do this all the time.[/quote]

Yeah, but you got balls.

[/quote]

[quote]orion wrote:

I thought that when a chick looks down after you exchange stares it’s a sign she’s not interested. The exception being when you’re looking down as she’s staring at you and she then immediately looks down when you look at her, which is a sign of interest because she’s responsively mimicking you. So mimicked head movements is a sign of interest i.e. you’ve been looking away and she looks away when you look at her. Is this right or have I missed numerous opportunities?

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[/quote]

And this is exactly what and how you should do it, OP.[/quote]

I can’t believe it took so long for someone to post that.

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:
I can’t believe it took so long for someone to post that. [/quote]

You have awesome delts Buckeye.

[quote]orion wrote:

I thought that when a chick looks down after you exchange stares it’s a sign she’s not interested. The exception being when you’re looking down as she’s staring at you and she then immediately looks down when you look at her, which is a sign of interest because she’s responsively mimicking you. So mimicked head movements is a sign of interest i.e. you’ve been looking away and she looks away when you look at her. Is this right or have I missed numerous opportunities?[/quote]

On the contrary, if she looks down, she’s probably interested (especially if she gives you a second look within 45 seconds). If she looks to the side, she’s not 100% sure, but the potential is there. If she looks UP, then forget about her.

Mimicking movements is another sign, too.