Picking the Right DSLR Camera

[quote]ephrem wrote:
DKsmallbutdeadly wrote:
johnnytang24 wrote:
fredmiranda.com for used equipment.

I still strongly recommend an autofocus capable body, such as the D70, D80, D200, D300, D700, or D1/2/3 series. Some excellent lenses you won’t be able to buy, or will have to pay for the AF-s version are the 50/1.8, 80-200/2.8 (USD$900 more for the AF-s), 17-35/2.8 (USD$700 more). Used? Most used lenses are NOT AF-s, so the majority of the used lens market will be useless for you.

Ok, and the D3000 and D60 havn’t isn’t compatible. Thats a very good point. do you know if the Canon EOS450D (rebelXTI) is compatible?

…no, Canon lenses and Nikon lenses aren’t compatible without an adaptor. As i understand it, full frame lenses do fit on crop sensor camera’s but not the other way round. FF lenses are expensive though, so for you that won’t be an option. Third party manufacturers make lensen for either brand, are cheaper and offer similar quality, so check that out…
[/quote]

I will. But you think my brothers Sigma (third party) lense could fit both the Canon and the Nikon?

…Sigma made that lens to fit a Nikon, so you’ll need an adapter if you want to put that lens on a Canon. That’s a lot of hassle though, so pick a brand and stick to it. Have fun!

[quote]ephrem wrote:
DKsmallbutdeadly wrote:I will. But you think my brothers Sigma (third party) lense could fit both the Canon and the Nikon?

…Sigma made that lens to fit a Nikon, so you’ll need an adapter if you want to put that lens on a Canon. That’s a lot of hassle though, so pick a brand and stick to it. Have fun![/quote]

Thanks…