Picking One Supp From Biotest

For starters I was a student and am just now earning cash to order some prime supplements. I have been sticking with the cheap stuff for a while but now have 50$ at my disposal. Will have another 50 in 2 weeks. I have protein, BCAA's and multi vitamins but my question is this....if you were going to tell me to buy one supplement and only one from T-Nation....what would it be......

Goal—size and strength…BF% is ok right now…Give me your thoughts on what you have tried…

Appreciate it ALOT!

Douce2

PS: main goal is strength. I have not tried one T-Nation Supp yet so anything you can tell me is great.

Surge Recovery

SURGE!

Without a doubt my favorite Biotest supplement.

Gotta have the Surge!

Surge.

Metabolic Drive or Grow! Premium Whey for getting adequate protein thru the day and then if you can still budget it Surge.

D

Surge I see is top so far…whats Metabolic Drive been like for you guys?

Have any of you guys tried BETA-7?

I love BETA-7 and have been using it since Biotest released it. Dramatically increased work capacity has been noticed in my case. More reps with minimal rest between compound movement sets. Metabolic Drive offers great taste from a quality blend of proteins.

D

What makes Surge so great…?

The obvious, and correct answer here is creatine monohydrate.

I may do BETA-7 first…obviously both Surge and BETA-7 would be great but the $$ is not there right njow and i do have a bottle of protein i got for christmas…that should do until i get some quality…

Creatine and fish oil are considered basics that you did not list and just beyond those Surge. BET-7 looks to have some real potential and sounds exciting but it is expensive and relatively new. It is recommended to ideally take it for at least 12 weeks if you want the maximum carosine levels.

Just because creatine is dirt cheap and has been around forever does not mean it should be overlooked, actually the opposite. It has more science to back up its use than all other supplements. Buy fish oil from a discount drug store if funds are tight and take Biotest creatine with Surge.

I think free shipping is most commonly 150 but it always changing. If you can not afford this by adding some Grow! Whey protein powder, creatine, and maybe fish oil along with surge you may want to wait. It sounds like you are trigger happy to try an expensive and advanced supplement. If you want it that bad the placebo affect alone may make it a good deal.

You can always make a poor mans recovery drink with your protein powder, grape juice, and BCAA’s while you save for your order.

With 50 dollars I suggest you buy Surge and the micronized creatine they sell here.

I hate to use the 50$ as a limitation but I don’t like to spend more than 50 a month on supplements. thats 510 $$ a year plus paying for lean chicken breast, greens, lean beef and fruits and vegetables All adds up in terms of maintaining a lean muscular physique.

Does anyone have a link to a good creatine article. I understand the general concept but i would like to know more.

[quote]andruw_doucette wrote:
I hate to use the 50$ as a limitation but I don’t like to spend more than 50 a month on supplements. thats 5100 $$ a year plus paying for lean chicken breast, greens, lean beef and fruits and vegetables All adds up in terms of maintaining a lean muscular physique.

Does anyone have a link to a good creatine article. I understand the general concept but i would like to know more.[/quote]

No one is asking you to exceed your budget. I also do not know how 50 dollars a month equals more than 5100 a year, do you mean 50 dollars a week? If your budget is 50 a month than protein powder, fish oil, creatine, and maltodextrin should do. If 50 a week you could definitely afford Surge and more.

Buy more supplements but less often to save on shipping. You will give up some quality but you can save on a generic protein powder and fish oil if you must along with food at a discount club.

You will not pay less for quality creatine elsewhere and I really feel it is offered here as a convenience and not as a moneymaker. It is cheap and 5 grams a day continually is enough. Take with Surge on workout days, and with grape juice other days. Some still load and cycle, but most just take 5grams a day now.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=768093

www.abcbodybuilding.com/creatine%20myths%20and_facts.htm

icecold…did i tell you how much i love you…i hope that is who i think it is

Hahaha sorry…i meant 510. But its actually 600. I suck at math. Thanks for the creatine link and great comments.

Also, i keep hearing GRAPE juice? How come?

Nothing magical about white grape juice it has a glycemic index rating of 58 and low acidity. An acidic juice is bad with creatine. A higher insulin response increases creatine absorption. Dextrose and maltodextrin are much better and cheap, but not everyone has this handy. Dextrose has a GI rating of 100, but dextrose and maltodextrin may be better than dextrose alone.

Surge is ideal. If you take Surge and creatine you would be crazy not to take them together on days you workout. On the other days with grape juice, a protein shake or even with just water would be OK.