Picking From the New Surge Flavors

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
BoxBabaX wrote:

Sorry Bauer, but i just gotta add… CHOCOLATE SURGE IS AMAZING, GOOD JOB Biotest!!!

Where the hell did all you “Original” flavor fans go?

Why don’t you all come back and hype up your “it tastes like angel food cake!!!” flavor again, and leave mine alone. [/quote]

I like the original flavor.

But I haven’t had a chance to try the chocolate or vanilla yet!

Most people don’t realize this, but the new Surge flavors vary in their macronutrient profiles compared to the original. Substances like fructose and xanthin gum have been incorporated into the ingredients of the vanilla flavor for example… Hope I don’t get banned for pointing this out, but for this reason alone, I believe original is the most anabolic and cost-effective.

Peace be with all.

[quote]stellar_horizon wrote:
Hope I don’t get banned for pointing this out, but for this reason alone, I believe original is the most anabolic and cost-effective.[/quote]

The slight macronutrient modifications were primarily made to improve Surge Post-Workout’s effects.

Thus, if there’s any difference, the new formulas are better.

I just had my first serving of Surge after a tough workout–very tasty! I should have mixed it with colder water, but it tastes so much better than my All The Whey! Protein did. No stomach effects. Jury is still out on whether it causes acne breakouts like my old stuff. Great job Biotest!

Also, thanks for the sample Metabolic Drive bar–does this come with every purchase, or just because I’m a first-timer?

I think original tastes the best, but I really like the vanilla the best because it’s bland. I find it difficult to tolerate sweet drinks and such after a hard workout, so the very mild flavor of the vanilla is perfect for me.

I recently tried Vanilla Surge. Overall it’s pretty good, but I prefer the original flavor. I’ll give chocolate a shot next time.

[quote]MizzouDawg wrote:
I recently tried Vanilla Surge. Overall it’s pretty good, but I prefer the original flavor. I’ll give chocolate a shot next time.[/quote]

You’ll never go back.

I’m a huge fan of the original Surge. So much so that I look forward to drinking it during my training sessions.

After reading all the positve feedback I’m probably gonna throw in a tub of chocolate in my next order.

I picked up vanilla, and I don’t like the taste at all. That doesn’t stop my from taking it. In fact, it makes me drink it as fast as possible. Next order I’ll be trying different flavors, and hopefully find something more suited to my tastes.

I picked up a tub of the chocolate and I gotta say I like it pretty well. Two things though:

Unlike Original or Raspberry, there are a lot of residual clumps left on the inside of my shaker… like flavor crystals or something. I shake it for a good minute, so I’m not sure what these are - flavor crystals?

Also, if someone could expound on that comment that adding fructose and xantham gum improved the efficacy of the drink, I’d be happy. Does it have to do with triggering insulin release or somesuch mumbo jumbo?

I just picked up a tub of Chocolate along with my second tub of Original. I may try and mix them since the original tastes like coconut to me…mmmmmmm Almond Joy!!!

how do the protein and carb counts vary on chocolate and vanilla? i remember the counts varied among the rasbery and original flavors.

-Yes there are in fact differences from whats posted on the website. More Protein, different carb amount & fat amount. Also different number of scoops per serving.
i think the guys in charge of marketing the product said that the difference in the macronutrient ratios is to improve its effects PWO. Also they say the flavoring causes slight changes.

They say the newer flavors are even more effective.

true, cause i remember the nutrients of original being 25/49 and rasberry being 27/55

whats the nutrient contents of chocolate and vanilla?

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
MizzouDawg wrote:
I recently tried Vanilla Surge. Overall it’s pretty good, but I prefer the original flavor. I’ll give chocolate a shot next time.

You’ll never go back.[/quote]

Original rocks!

I just bought the rasberry- this is the first time I’ve ever tried Surge.

Wicked sweet. Almost too much so for me- I dont eat many carbs let alone sweets/deserts.

Please tell me there is a Surge flavor that is less sweet.

So, how do they(the Surge flavors) rank on a sweetness and/or taste scale?? in your opinion?

[quote]B3 wrote:
I just bought the rasberry- this is the first time I’ve ever tried Surge.

Wicked sweet. Almost too much so for me- I dont eat many carbs let alone sweets/deserts.

Please tell me there is a Surge flavor that is less sweet.

So, how do they(the Surge flavors) rank on a sweetness and/or taste scale?? in your opinion?

[/quote]

Original and Vanilla aren’t as sweet as Wild Raspberry. Chocolate is pretty sweet, but that’s probably my favorite.

I’d recommend going with the Original flavor.

I tried Vanilla for the first time today. It tastes bad. The small amount of foam on the top was incredibly bitter, I’m speculating due to the increased amount of BCAAs. I’m sure it’s somewhat more effective, but I’m rather saddened by the near-full tub I have sitting in the kitchen.

Original is amazing. IT TASTES LIKE FUCKING ANGEL FOOD CAKE!!!1111!!

Really, original flavor Surge may be may favorite food. A food to best all foods!

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
I tried Vanilla for the first time today. It tastes bad. The small amount of foam on the top was incredibly bitter, I’m speculating due to the increased amount of BCAAs.[/quote]

Just let it sit for a few minutes and the foam goes away.

I mix mine ahead of time and leave it in the fridge until after my workout. Works perfectly.

Now that I’ve tried all four thoroughly, I can say that chocolate is my favorite followed by original.

Raspberry is a bit too sweet for me. Sort of a mix of cotton candy and cough medicine.

Vanilla is absolutely disgusting to me. Too bitter and makes me want to hurl.

But I hear other people think vanilla is great! They probably like Grow! Whey too. I can’t stomach that one either.

There’s just something about those two particular flavors that don’t do it for me.