T Nation

Picking From the New Surge Flavors

Has anyone tried the new Surge flavors? How do they taste? I’m trying to decide whether to go with the vanilla, chocolate, or raspberry.

I haven’t tried the chocolate but I’ve tried the other two. I loved the raspberry when I had it, it’s pretty sweet though. The vanilla isn’t bad, I think it’s kind of bland. So I’d go for raspberry.

raspberry tastes like “Sweedish fish”, i find it really sweet and hard to get down, I should of got original anything i can do to tone down the sweetness

I’ll just put it this way.
I would VERY HIGHLY recommend the Original and Raspberry flavors…both of which (in my opinion) taste great and don’t make me want to hurl at all.

[quote]mkelly wrote:
raspberry tastes like “Sweedish fish”, i find it really sweet and hard to get down, I should of got original anything i can do to tone down the sweetness[/quote]

Have you tried adding more water to it?

What if the original made me what to hurl? Try the raspberry then? I’ll wait to hear on how the chocolate rates.

I haven’t tried any of the new flavors…in fact, I just got the Original flavor for the first time last week. It is rather sweet, but I just add more water. In fact, I typically only use 1 scoop to about 20 oz of water to make it more palatable for me.

Tried the Chocolate for the first time today and it’s OUTSTANDING! Great delicious chocolate taste. If you’re a chocolate lover you will like it guaranteed.

D

[quote]Mattlaw27 wrote:
What if the original made me what to hurl? Try the raspberry then? I’ll wait to hear on how the chocolate rates.[/quote]

Raspberry i liked. I prefer the orignal probably because i’ve been using it for so long.

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
Tried the Chocolate for the first time today and it’s OUTSTANDING! Great delicious chocolate taste. If you’re a chocolate lover you will like it guaranteed.

D [/quote]

That’s great to hear, thanks for the feedback Dedicated.

Anybody else try the chocolate?

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
Dedicated wrote:

D

Anybody else try the chocolate?[/quote]

DDDAAAMMMNNNN that chocolate is good! Just tried it for today’s workout. It has a rich taste to it and not chemically tasting at all to me. As a point of reference, I really like both Original and Raspberry the same pretty much so I usually alternate tubs. But, I’ll be stickin to chocolate for quite some time. Haven’t tried any of the others and I doubt I ever will.

Thank you dedicated and Iron for the feedback on the chocolate, I just ordered 3 tubs for me and 2 buddies ^^

Chocolate rocks!! I have been a raspberry and original fan, but damn!! The chocolate goes down smooth, isn’t too sweet (which I don’t think any are too sweet) and mixes very well. I ordered 1 choc. plus 2 raspberry… now I wish I had ordered 3 chocolates. Next time, I guess.

Glad to be hearing good things about Chocolate. I just ordered my first tub of chocolate Surge today, and I’m hoping it’s as good as chocolate Metabolic Drive. I’d take a sample, but god damn at only 16 servings a tub when it’s going to the double-Surge workout, I’m not wasting any of that stuff >.<

[quote]IronDude17 wrote:
Bauer97 wrote:
Dedicated wrote:

D

Anybody else try the chocolate?

DDDAAAMMMNNNN that chocolate is good! Just tried it for today’s workout. It has a rich taste to it and not chemically tasting at all to me. As a point of reference, I really like both Original and Raspberry the same pretty much so I usually alternate tubs. But, I’ll be stickin to chocolate for quite some time. Haven’t tried any of the others and I doubt I ever will.[/quote]

I’ve gotta say, I had the chocolate for the first time today and I’ll never go back. I’ve never been sold on spending 30 bucks on only a couple weeks worth of PWO shake, but this’ll do it.

[quote]floridagirl wrote:
Has anyone tried the new Surge flavors? How do they taste? I’m trying to decide whether to go with the vanilla, chocolate, or raspberry.[/quote]

Had my first taste of the chocolate today. Its good.

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
floridagirl wrote:
Has anyone tried the new Surge flavors? How do they taste? I’m trying to decide whether to go with the vanilla, chocolate, or raspberry.

Had my first taste of the chocolate today. Its good.[/quote]

Okay guys, we get it, the chocolate is awesome.

Now shut up about it before they run out of it and go out of stock before I put my next order in…

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
floridagirl wrote:

Had my first taste of the chocolate today. Its good.

Okay guys, we get it, the chocolate is awesome.

Now shut up about it before they run out of it and go out of stock before I put my next order in…[/quote]

Sorry Bauer, but i just gotta add… CHOCOLATE SURGE IS AMAZING, GOOD JOB Biotest!!!

[quote]BoxBabaX wrote:

Sorry Bauer, but i just gotta add… CHOCOLATE SURGE IS AMAZING, GOOD JOB Biotest!!![/quote]

Where the hell did all you “Original” flavor fans go?

Why don’t you all come back and hype up your “it tastes like angel food cake!!!” flavor again, and leave mine alone.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:

Where the hell did all you “Original” flavor fans go?

Why don’t you all come back and hype up your “it tastes like angel food cake!!!” flavor again, and leave mine alone. [/quote]

Original is great and tastes like angel food cake AND Chocolate is awesome so get both! Guess that backfired on ya, didn’t it . . . . haha