Picked Up Some BCAA's, But...

So, I ordered 2 bottles of BCAAs from Biotest. Although there are 240 that come to a bottle, the recommend dosage is 6-12 3x/day (18-36 per day). At the lowest dosage, that’s about 13 1/3 days worth. So, obviously, I’d like to stretch this out to last a little longer.

Do you folks think it would be better to reserve using these on my workout days solely (Mon, Wed, Fri)? Or would they be better put to use on my rest days (Tues, Thurs, Sat & Sun)?

Does anyone else have any experience with their dosage schedules that maintains a longer lifespan of one bottle? It doesn’t have to last the entire month, but closer to a full month than less than half would be preferable.

Oh, and as an added note: I fast on Sun, Tues and Thurs. I don’t know if that would play a factor in the supplementation, but it’s probably worth mentioning.

Thanks a ton!

You dont eat food for almost half the week but youre asking how to make amino acids “work better”

you are now entering the twilight zone

Why the hell are you torturing yourself by fasting 3 days a week?

When you say fast are you referring to the MAG-10 pulse fast?

Actually, yes. In the couple of months that I’ve maintained my fasting regimen I’ve continued to make gains on my lifts and drop body fat %. I realize, of course, that this isn’t what (probably most of) the community here feels is ideal as far as strategies go. Honestly, it may not be. It started as an experiment, but I’ve never had more energy and felt better than I have since starting it.

Anyway…

I want to make the most of the scenario where and when I can. Adding the BCAAs at some point throughout the week surely has to be better than no point. I’m just not certain if it would be better to carry on a sustained lower dosage every day, or adhere to the recommended dosages on either workout days (which also happen to be the days I eat), or fasting/resting days.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
You dont eat food for almost half the week but youre asking how to make amino acids “work better”
[/quote]

lulz…

not eating, the new “in” diet?

Fuck the internet is amazing.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Why the hell are you torturing yourself by fasting 3 days a week?

When you say fast are you referring to the MAG-10 pulse fast?[/quote]

The fasting I started (and kept personal journals on) as a test to see if what I’d read had any merit to it. I was interested in the life-prolonging effects of fasting, as well as the reported “health benefits”. Adding MAG-10 Pulsing is my next step, probably on Sun and Thurs, although I haven’t invested the money into yet.

And, truthfully, it’s not at all torturous for me. I actually rather enjoy not having to eat 3 days a week. Originally, I was going every other day, but recently decided that I would rather adjust it to make sure I’m always eating on lift days. It works out nicely, as I do all my interval training in the mornings (lifting in evenings), so I finish my cardio after 30 or so hours of fasting, then start my Mon/Wed/Fri off eating immediately afterward.

Before I started this routine, I imagined it would be nightmarishly difficult. Happily, it was just the opposite. The only issues I have now, though, is having to force myself to eat enough on my lifting days.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
[/quote]

lulz…

Fuck the internet is amazing.[/quote]

Don’t get me wrong, I realize it isn’t something most folks here would do. I read more about people trying to bulk, and even though Intermittent Fasting can aid in cutting, it’s really more of a lifestyle choice that gives the digestive system plenty of downtime and helps to really enhance insulin sensitivity.

Not trying to sound in any way like I’m promoting the lifestyle. It works for me… or, at least, has thus far. I’m pleased with the results (body fat % drops, strength gains, huge abundance of energy, no negative side-effects of note, and a great time and money saver).

[quote]Visgrail wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
[/quote]

lulz…

Don’t get me wrong, I realize it isn’t something most folks here would do. I read more about people trying to bulk, and even though Intermittent Fasting can aid in cutting, it’s really more of a lifestyle choice that gives the digestive system plenty of downtime and helps to really enhance insulin sensitivity.

Not trying to sound in any way like I’m promoting the lifestyle. It works for me… or, at least, has thus far. I’m pleased with the results (body fat % drops, strength gains, huge abundance of energy, no negative side-effects of note, and a great time and money saver).
[/quote]

Your lifestyle is called anorexia.

You fucking eat 4 days a week and starve yourself the other 3.

That isn’t a life style.

If you were a chick, we would send you to a shrink.

You have an eating disorder.

fuck

[quote]Visgrail wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
[/quote]

lulz…

[/quote]

Your lifestyle is called anorexia.

You fucking eat 4 days a week and starve yourself the other 3.

That isn’t a life style.

If you were a chick, we would send you to a shrink.

You have an eating disorder.

fuck[/quote]

x2

Seriously man. You need help. You sound orthorexic.

I’m curious as to how much you eat on the 4 days you do consume food.

I have done this and if it works for him why not? Anorexia? come on
Animals (especially carnivorous ones which we are not too dissimilar from eat about one meal a weak and have no fat or bodycomp issues).
The human body is perfectly capable of living like this and like the OP have no problems following this lifestyle. I regularly use a binge/fast eating pattern and have had no problems whatsoever. Right now I am only fasting once a week , I have found that workouts are way better when fasting in my experience at least.

Is this teh fucking cosmo forums?

Are we seriously going to condone eating half the fucking week?

What kind of weights are we talking about moving?

[quote]rehanb_bl wrote:
I have done this and if it works for him why not? Anorexia? come on
Animals (especially carnivorous ones which we are not too dissimilar from eat about one meal a weak and have no fat or bodycomp issues).
The human body is perfectly capable of living like this and like the OP have no problems following this lifestyle. I regularly use a binge/fast eating pattern and have had no problems whatsoever. Right now I am only fasting once a week , I have found that workouts are way better when fasting in my experience at least. [/quote]

but you dont really look good at all

OP’s hub says 288 pounds @6’ and a hilariously precise 26,4% body fat. Maybe he can handle fasting at this stage. Getting down to 15% means losing 45x3000 calories worth of fat after all.

That being said, your approach is simply overkill. If eating 2500 calories is good, eating 0 is great, right? It isn’t optimal, it will stop working well and you will need to objectively look at what you do and stop it, which will be damn hard for you. When you stop getting stronger you need to reevaluate. And exactly what kind of weights are we talking about?

You have an eating disorder. A “well-functioning one” for the moment, but still an eating disorder.

And lol @ “life-prolonging effects”. People get fat and die from eating too much and sitting in a chair all day long, not from eating every day. Whether or not a lion can pull it off is completely irrelevant.

I dare say people who eat every other day generally die younger than the ones who eat every day.

I can understand the confusion with mixing up the practice of Intermittent Fasting with the disorder Anorexia Nervosa. They share a similarity: not eating. Piss and water share a similarity too: they’re both wet. But, again, I understand your confusion. I’m not going to bother defending the practice that has been observed by human beings for thousands of years, but instead going to politely offer a suggestion: do a little bit of research.

You’re certainly within your right to vomit up nonsense about a subject and a condition you clearly know little-to-nothing about; happily for most people, there’s no rule against ignorance. But, it would serve you better when trolling to perhaps know your facts. Assuming, of course, that trolling was the point of disrupting my thread’s original question.

Let me start you off on your road to intellectual enlightenment, though:

“Anorexia nervosa is an eating disorder that involves limiting the amount of food a person eats.” (In this respect, it is identical to Fasting.) “It results in starvation and an inability to stay at the minimum body weight considered healthy for the person’s age and height.” (In this respect, it is entirely different.)

“Intermittent fasting (IF) is a pattern of eating that alternates between periods of fasting (usually meaning consumption of water only) and non-fasting. There is some evidence that intermittent fasting may have beneficial effects on the health and longevity of animalsâ??including humansâ??that are similar to the effects of caloric restriction (CR).”

I considered not even bothering responding to this, as I gather that this won’t make a dent. As such, I won’t make any further attempts to do so. Primarily, I didn’t want someone to stumble on this thread and become infected with your backwards, ignorant way of thinking in respect to this lifestyle and it’s health benefits. In the end, most people don’t have the will power to do it: it’s certainly not easy (some would even call it torturous, evidently). In the end it all comes down to doing what works for each individual, what shows the most effective (while still safe) gains, and what feels best. Clearly, this isn’t for you.

Now, I need to go puke up my breakfast before I start my day…
:slight_smile: Kidding

[quote]therajraj wrote:

I’m curious as to how much you eat on the 4 days you do consume food.

[/quote]

I eat about 30-40% more than I would on a normal day. I consume roughly 3500 cals. About 250-300g of protein throughout the entirety of the day, mostly centered para-workouts on Mon/Wed/Fri. About 40-50% of my cals are from carbs (sometimes less if I’m eating heavier protein). I also make sure to take Biotest’s Superfood on my fasting days.

THIS THREAD IS LULZ

[quote]kakno wrote:
OP’s hub says 288 pounds @6’ and a hilariously precise 26,4% body fat. Maybe he can handle fasting at this stage. Getting down to 15% means losing 45x3000 calories worth of fat after all.[/quote]

My bf % is just the median between three different bioimpedance devices (which, obviously, has plenty of room for fault). I’m not sure why it would be “hilariously precise”. Whether the actual number is 100% accurate isn’t entirely my motivation for keeping track. More so, it’s using a constant tracking method from a sustained source, taking an average of three separate devices to help maintain something closer to balance. Plus, they all look the same, so I’m never sure if I used the same one. :slight_smile:

I’m not fasting strictly for the fat-loss benefits. I’m not fasting strictly for the tremendous amount of energy I have. I’m not fasting strictly for the myriad of other physical and mental benefits I’ve received thus far. It’s a combination of all of these factors. Also, this is a lifestyle choice, not a temporary “diet”. I’ll likely reduce my fasting to 1 or 2 days a week once I’ve come closer to my goals, but I genuinely enjoy the fasts. Prehistoric man didn’t eat every day. We haven’t evolved to the point of needing to eat every day. We just do because the food is more readily available.

I’m not sure how altering my routine would be “damn hard” for me. I have definitely considered strength losses and fatigue issues to be something on the lookout for. And, admittedly, it is quite possible that I may have made greater strength gains had I been eating every day, rather than the small-moderate gains I’ve made over the past few months.

You ask what kind of we’re talking about. If you mean what gains, these are a few that I’ve gone up in since early November (about 2 weeks after I started fasting):

Squat: Up 70lbs per set (10 x3)
Flat Bench: Up 35lbs per set (10 x3)
Shoulder Press: Up 25lbs per set (10 x3)
Deadlifts: Up 80lbs per set (8-10 x3)
Good Mornings: Up 40lbs per set (8-10 x3)
Hammer Curls: Up 10lbs per set (8-10 x3)

Now, granted, I don’t honestly know if these are great gains, or not. I only recently started working out again (Last May was when I got back into the gym). Maybe those gains were in the pipe and coming from May till October. I had gains during that time, also (about the same, but my form was what improved most during that time). My body fat % has dropped by about 4% since November. I’ve gained much more stamina from my cardio, and feel a million times better than I did at the end of summer.

[quote] You have an eating disorder. A “well-functioning one” for the moment, but still an eating disorder.

And lol @ “life-prolonging effects”. People get fat and die from eating too much and sitting in a chair all day long, not from eating every day. Whether or not a lion can pull it off is completely irrelevant.

I dare say people who eat every other day generally die younger than the ones who eat every day.[/quote]

What constitutes a disorder, in your opinion? A change from the norm? Again, humankind lived this way for thousands of years. Are you suggesting that it is only in the last several centuries that we, as a whole, have conquered this “disorder”? Or, are you suggesting that because humankind was forced to live and function quite efficiently this way that it was not a lifestyle “choice” (which, obviously, it wasn’t) for them, so because I “choose” to follow a structure similar to how earlier Man functioned that I - and my way of thinking - is in some way flawed?

Admittedly, the research on the prolonging effects of I.F. is in its infancy. The human body, though, does NOT reach starvation mode after a single day of not eating. The positive effects are, in fact, quite impressive. Seriously, I realize that we live in a time where bro-science (aka word of mouth) is the gospel - especially in certain communities - but realize that there are other methods out there that may be incredibly effective and equally healthy for those individuals who can adhere to its principals.

OP is this you?

[quote]BruceLeeFan wrote:
OP is this you?[/quote]

Yes

Last I checked, the people actually making progress with “intermittent fasting” eat every day. They pretty much just skip breakfast.

You only eat 16-18 DAYS a MONTH! That is what, like just over 200 days a year you eat? LMFAO. What does your girlfriend think about this?

How much “progress” are you actually making with this approach if after 18 months of “training” you are still obese?

Whatever, I don’t really care enough at this point to do anything other than laugh. You’re right, I’m wrong. Enjoy your life. Best of luck.