T Nation

Picked up a Banded Bench Shirt. Anyone Use These?

Switched to equipped a couple months ago and been enjoying my Fury, but I have been limited to only benching equipped when I have my wife going so she can yank me into the shirt. Picked up the Forell F8 single-ply (Was gonna go BenchDaddy but they wouldn’t respond to any emails) since it was the easiest one to get a hold of and I wanted an alternative I could use when I go alone. It’s great, way more comfortable, easy to get on and off (I take it off between sets instead of being locked in for the full bench workout like with my Fury) by myself and it offers about the same amount of ‘pop’ so I don’t feel like I’m cheating with this thing.

Just curious if anyone else uses one and has any advice, either on the same model or banded shirts in general. So far I’ve found the best setting is to have the chest ‘plate’ pulled down as far as possible but then ride the sleeves up slightly so I have about half an inch between my elbow and the end of the sleeve. This replicates my output from the Fury almost exactly. I can definitely see how if I pull those sleeves a bit lower it’ll crank up the tension and I believe that’s the intended set for it based on Rob Forell’s IG videos but I lift in a gym of newbies, casuals and cardio bunnies so I do not trust anyone to unrack for me and with the sleeves set at the elbow it forces my arms into a skullcrusher position for unracks which lol I just am not gonna do with big loads on the bar.

Just looking for any tips or info that anyone out there may have, as these shirts are not really discussed anywhere online. The only reputable person I’ve heard mention them is Clint Darden touches on them a bit, and the guy from BigBenchas has an audiocast where he claims you can slap one on and bench 200+ over your raw max which is complete nonsense but this is the general consensus of the limited internet discussion I have seen about them. Just trying to find some REAL info/anecdotes from anyone who actually uses one.

It’s not nonsense, maybe with the single ply version perhaps but I get around 200# to my raw max from my single ply shirt.

If you want Band shirt info go contact Bruce Mason on Instagram, he can get you pointed in the right direction.

I don’t plan on using one any time soon and I’ve seen a few people here mention them but it’s best to go to a higher level user for band shirt information.