Pick My Program: Beginner Joining 2018 T-ransformation

Don’t go hog wild and add a billion more calories. Keep it reasonable.

Start with your cals at bodyweight x 15 and adjust from there.

3 Likes

Great advice. Trust me, I’d rather die than get fat again, so a reasonable increase is definitely the route I’m headed. With that said, with a bump in calories, especially a surplus, I know and expect a weight & possible fat increase will occur…but the 30% body fat days are dead and buried!

agreed. I don’t count calories, so I’ll just assume Yogi is right with that. The baseline I would use would be staying within 10 lbs of your current bodyweight. If you get to 200, and especially if you get there fast, definitely reduce calories. Unless you get to that point and you’re solid muscle, lol.

I’m bumping my calories up to maintenance at 2,700 , and per “How to Stay Strong When Dieting” my macros would be: P/F/C, 30%/20%/50%, or 203g/59g/338g. Is this too carb heavy for a guy like me? I’ve read articles on here that say to shoot for 100g of carbs. Just curious on your thoughts.

I understand where you’re coming from. I’m going to take care of my diet, and keep running SL for as long as I can keep adding weight to the bar. Rather than mess with multiple variables I’ll keep it simple and focus on steady progress.

I don’t know if it’s too carb heavy for you, but you’ll find out relatively quickly if it is, lol. You’ll need to pay attention to the mirror and see if your body composition is favorably changing running this diet. I do recommend keeping your carbs as high as you possibly can while trying to gain muscle, so I think this is a good starting point. I probably eat twice as many carbs as this every day. You want your body to become carb-acclimated. That way, when you begin the dieting down process, you have a bigger bank of carbs to withdraw from over the course of the diet. If you are only eating 100g of carbs before you start dieting, what are you going to do when you want to cut? Drop it to 50? And then what happens when you stall? You’ll be at zero. Don’t do that.

2 Likes

That macro split looks fine to me. I used something similar and it worked.

1 Like