Pic of Boston's Skyline

Took this back in mid-September. It’s a merge of several photos. I actually didn’t think it would turn out good. I was at Mount Auburn Cemetery, and there’s a hill with a 100 foot tower on top. I do NOT do heights so I was shaking to the point my hamstrings were locking up along with my calves. But the picture came out good!

UPDATE: I went back up to the tower on a VERY windy Halloween to get some pictures with the foliage. It was actually a bit blander than I thought it would be. Not sure if I was too late, but I honestly don’t remember any trees really ‘popping’ this year. Nice pictures anyway.

This is one of the cambridge area

This is a BIG one of Boston, and the area north of it. I can’t believe how good this one came out considering how bad I was shaking from being up so high

Nice pic dude. There are some pretty good spots around here to see the city from. I’ll have to check out that tower.

Do you have photoshop? Did you do merge HDR and play with the levels?

[quote]-Tiberius- wrote:
Do you have photoshop? Did you do merge HDR and play with the levels?[/quote]

Nah, just Canon’s stock merge program, it does a lot of that on its own. I’m really happy with it…I may crop out the railing

Great shot, AQ!

Yes it really is! Also I was just wondering the photos you merged were taken using different F-stops and shutter speeds?

Nice shot

you have any during the sunset or fall? it seems to look a lot more picturesque during those times. most people would never guess it either but during the summer the plant life in boston and surrounding cities is abundant to say the least.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
you have any during the sunset or fall? it seems to look a lot more picturesque during those times. most people would never guess it either but during the summer the plant life in boston and surrounding cities is abundant to say the least.[/quote]

I’m actually going to go back there this week or the week coming up and go back to that tower and try to get similar shots. The foliage around here is nice actually.

Pretty sweet merge. The guy who does the photos for my office did this pic - a camera on a tripod east of downtown took pictures at sunrise and sunset, and he merged the two pictures.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
Pretty sweet merge. The guy who does the photos for my office did this pic - a camera on a tripod east of downtown took pictures at sunrise and sunset, and he merged the two pictures.[/quote]

That looks incredible!

UPDATE: I went back up to the tower on a VERY windy Halloween to get some pictures with the foliage. It was actually a bit blander than I thought it would be. Not sure if I was too late, but I honestly don’t remember any trees really ‘popping’ this year. Nice pictures anyway.

This is a BIG one of Boston, and the area north of it. I can’t believe how good this one came out considering how bad I was shaking from being up so high

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:
Took this back in mid-September. It’s a merge of several photos. I actually didn’t think it would turn out good. I was at Mount Auburn Cemetery, and there’s a hill with a 100 foot tower on top.

I do NOT do heights so I was shaking to the point my hamstrings were locking up along with my calves. But the picture came out good!

http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bostonskylinemerge4cm9.jpg[/quote]

I think I see my school in that first pic.

Where’s Harvard Uni?

• Love the view, a lot of trees for an urban area

[quote]Stone101 wrote:

[/quote]

Pfft. You think that’s good…

I found Waldo!

[quote]Kruiser wrote:
Stone101 wrote:

Pfft. You think that’s good…

I found Waldo!
[/quote]

Where’s Waldo?

lol.