Pic 20 Days Into Dieting

[quote]conservativedog wrote:

[/quote]

Finally don’t forget in the future that muscle weighs more than fat. [/quote]

Last time I checked one pound of muscle weighed exactly the same as one pound of fat.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]conservativedog wrote:

[/quote]

Finally don’t forget in the future that muscle weighs more than fat. [/quote]

Last time I checked one pound of muscle weighed exactly the same as one pound of fat. [/quote]

i think cd was talking about muscle mass, like 1 square feet of muscle will weigh more then 1 square feet of fat. might be wrong though

[quote]kinetics.1981 wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]conservativedog wrote:

[/quote]

Finally don’t forget in the future that muscle weighs more than fat. [/quote]

Last time I checked one pound of muscle weighed exactly the same as one pound of fat. [/quote]

i think cd was talking about muscle mass, like 1 square feet of muscle will weigh more then 1 square feet of fat. might be wrong though
[/quote]

I believe the word you’re looking for is density. I’ve never heard of muscle being described in square feet, kinda made me chuckle.

Also, the ‘muscle confusion’ thing is absolute bullshit. When people refer to muscle confusion, what they actually mean is neural adaptation. There’s a big difference. Muscle fibers can do 2 things: contract and relax. They can’t get confused. Your brain, however, can send different signals to your muscles, and these signals tell your muscle groups which fibers to contract, and for how long. As you ‘get used to’ a particular movement, your brain/cns will become more efficient with the signals sent, and this will help you lift more/better. Or run faster. Or whatever it is you’re trying to do. Hopefully this makes sense to both kinetics and the dude who mentioned muscle confusion in the first place.

Yes, density is the word. And I think “muscle confusion” is a P90X trademark.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
I’ve never heard of muscle being described in square feet, kinda made me chuckle.[/quote]
You need to get some bigger training partners. C’mon son.

I have to agree and disagree to an extent. Bret Contreras actually made an interesting case for “muscle confusion” in his article last month (page two here):

Like the saying goes, everything works… for about six weeks. But I will say that telling a guy who’s training with a strict 3-month deadline to change his training every 14-21 days is absolutely retarded. Conservativedog, you’ve given out some shady advice in this thread so far. Karate side kicks and triceps exercise are better for the core than sit-ups? It’d probably be a good idea if you slowed down a notch.

Thanks for the link Chris! My thoughts when Cdog used the term ‘muscle confusion’ went straight to P90X’s terminology. I think their use of that phrase is essentially bogus, or misleading at best. I have zero problem with Contreras’s description there.

Hye,

A question, been ~ 15 days in this, never cheated during these 15 days . But lately ive been having a great urge for sweets, I try to counter it by eating fruits before and after training,almonds but still , the urge is too great.

Now regarding my previous thread, when i was asking on cheat meals, Chris Colucci told me i don’t qualify , and am with him and understand, but isnt there anything that would qualify me for a snack or cheat meal, something sugary? like if run hiit 7 days straight with clean eating , will this qualify me for a cheat meal on the 8th?

very gratefull for all the help you always put in this thread, appreciate it .Thanks :slight_smile:

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
I’ve never heard of muscle being described in square feet, kinda made me chuckle.[/quote]
You need to get some bigger training partners. C’mon son.

I have to agree and disagree to an extent. Bret Contreras actually made an interesting case for “muscle confusion” in his article last month (page two here):

Like the saying goes, everything works… for about six weeks. But I will say that telling a guy who’s training with a strict 3-month deadline to change his training every 14-21 days is absolutely retarded. Conservativedog, you’ve given out some shady advice in this thread so far. Karate side kicks and triceps exercise are better for the core than sit-ups? It’d probably be a good idea if you slowed down a notch.[/quote]

All right I’ll just read more and stick to my original suggestion: “Sew your lips shut.Do 7-8 sets of deadlifts EOD (every other day) and watch the pounds come off. Start with low enough weight so you can warm up with 20-30 reps. Work your reps up to 40-50 and put a frickin picture of a pile of cash in front of your face while you deadlift.”

Although I’m assuming this threads a wasted effort for all since the prize money seems to have some how gotten lost and everyone else dropped out of the contest. Is that right or was that from another thread???

Kinetics said “for now , am not doing any kind of abs training.” I suggested sprinting uphill getting knees as high as they would go and hanging knee raises because of no gym.

My other suggestion (no weights or situps) was kicking and labeled retarded.

All I know is the guy I trained with had prize winning abs from daily kicks in the hundreds along with an otherwise sculpted body untouched by weights or situps. Oh yeah and he was frickin powerful as shit. And Karate went out with Eisenhower Battle Jackets.

My “muscle weighs more than fat” sentence is a volume mistake. You can still weigh the same and be smaller. I’m writing these between 2:00am and 5:30am so forgive me. If you take the same volume of muscle and fat and put them each on a scale, the muscle will weigh more.

A 100 pounds of feathers weighs the same as 100 pounds of rock. I also SCUBA dive and can tell you the fat dudes in wetsuits always need more weight on their belt to get neutral buoyancy at depth. And a 150 pound sculpted dude is going to sink in the water much easier than a 150 pound full figured woman.

It’s why your pant waist size may shrink but you may weigh more.

I’ve always used adaption/muscle confusion whether it’s university approved or written about by Joe Weider this month.

Chris that’s all the advice for the beginner mod I can think of for Kinetic at this time so I’ll slow down a notch if it will keep the community happy. I’d still like to know what part of anything submitted here could be categorized as shady.

P.S. repeating from jjackkrash post below

[quote]conservativedog wrote:

Finally don’t forget in the future that muscle weighs more than fat.

jjackkrash wrote:

Last time I checked one pound of muscle weighed exactly the same as one pound of fat.[/quote]

My “muscle weighs more than fat” sentence is a volume mistake. If you take the same volume of muscle and fat and put them each on a scale, the muscle will weigh more. You can still weigh the same as you do now Kinetics and be smaller was my point.

prize money is still there, because i have not quit yet

i didnt understand, will the situps help or not? am already doing core excerise by hanging down from my barfix and lifting my knees to a 90 degrees. i know it helps because i can feel it.

Btw these couple of days i dropped two more pounds :smiley: , guess my body has resumed losing weight

[quote]kinetics.1981 wrote:
Hye,

A question, been ~ 15 days in this, never cheated during these 15 days . But lately ive been having a great urge for sweets, I try to counter it by eating fruits before and after training,almonds but still , the urge is too great.

Now regarding my previous thread, when i was asking on cheat meals, Chris Colucci told me i don’t qualify , and am with him and understand, but isnt there anything that would qualify me for a snack or cheat meal, something sugary? like if run hiit 7 days straight with clean eating , will this qualify me for a cheat meal on the 8th?

very gratefull for all the help you always put in this thread, appreciate it .Thanks :slight_smile:
[/quote]

i’m out of this thread. this doesn’t mean enough to you.

A.

B.

C.

D.

[quote]kinetics.1981 wrote:
A question, been ~ 15 days in this, never cheated during these 15 days . But lately ive been having a great urge for sweets, I try to counter it by eating fruits before and after training,almonds but still , the urge is too great. [/quote]
You can have A and B or C and D.

Fucking man up. Or don’t.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]kinetics.1981 wrote:
A question, been ~ 15 days in this, never cheated during these 15 days . But lately ive been having a great urge for sweets, I try to counter it by eating fruits before and after training,almonds but still , the urge is too great. [/quote]
You can have A and B or C and D.

Fucking man up. Or don’t.[/quote]

got it :slight_smile:

got a handfull of oatmeal cereal,blue berry and a sweetner with fat free milk and 30 grams almonds,mixed them togather and ate them, weirdly enough it did the trick , and ofcourse you guys helped specially flipcollar last post.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
Thanks for the link Chris! My thoughts when Cdog used the term ‘muscle confusion’ went straight to P90X’s terminology. I think their use of that phrase is essentially bogus, or misleading at best. I have zero problem with Contreras’s description there.[/quote]

I’m not promoting P90X or Fireball XL5. I’m aware that even in my 50’s if my muscles aren’t used to something new they are shocked, they adapt and respond accordingly.

That happens in my body whether I have 5000 posts here or five. It’s nature at work and it’s a good thing. Happy lifting.

20 days now

pics on 1st post ,1st page

dunno about progress, scale says am ~9 lbs off :slight_smile:

"While a gain of ten pounds seems like a huge deal to most athletes, the truth is that it’s actually a trivial amount of muscle mass over an entire body. Have a look at this picture of 5 pounds of muscle vs. 5 pounds of fat.

“Now, imagine spreading two of the red masses on the right over the course of an entire body; you would barely notice they’re there, especially if you’re tall.”