Pic 20 Days Into Dieting

Some of you might know me from my thread

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/hub/kinetics.1981#myForums/thread/5359482/0

Anyways this is me 10 days before

This is me Now

Imgur

Imgur

I know its nothing compared to you , but am proud of myself, 10 days ~ 5 pounds down
80 days to go :smiley:

Pic 20 Days into Dieting

Looks like a good start. Well done.

What is your target weight?

[quote]LoRez wrote:
Looks like a good start. Well done.

What is your target weight?[/quote]

Tbh am not thinking of target weight , am thinking of definition"not sure if i should think this way" but , but if i hit 200 lbs ill be more then happy

if get anything like this ā€œi doubt it though but hopingā€

damn ill be very proud of myself, but through this kind of eating and dieting you get to realize that living this way healthy and happy is the way of life i wanna go withā€¦
For me ā€œtill nowā€ i think i dont care whether i win or not, i wanna keep on doing this .

Anyways lets ssee were i settle :smiley:

You can be built something like that, yes. Thatā€™s where the lifting comes in. And it will take quite a bit longer than 12 weeks to look like that.

Are you doing a lifting program yet?

[quote]LoRez wrote:
You can be built something like that, yes. Thatā€™s where the lifting comes in. And it will take quite a bit longer than 12 weeks to look like that.

Are you doing a lifting program yet?[/quote]

yeah , found a couple of biceps,triceps,back ,lats programs that are easy to be done with the weights i have.And am doing leg lunges and squats too ,still need to implement pushups and situps in my program.

Yesterday was my 1st time real HIIT training, all sour today lol , i think training wise am not doin gbad. But am focusing more on the things i eat, all clean .

Edit: btw we started like 13 people at work , 8 men and 5 ladyā€™s , now thereā€™s only me still going with this :slight_smile:

[quote]kinetics.1981 wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

yeah , found a couple of biceps,triceps,back ,lats programs that are easy to be done with the weights i have.And am doing leg lunges and squats too ,still need to implement pushups and situps in my program.

Yesterday was my 1st time real HIIT training, all sour today lol , i think training wise am not doin gbad. But am focusing more on the things i eat, all clean .

Edit: btw we started like 13 people at work , 8 men and 5 ladyā€™s , now thereā€™s only me still going with this :)[/quote]

2 things: 1. you donā€™t need situps. ever. situps for 99 percent of people have zero correlation with aesthetics, and theyā€™re not very good for anything except getting better at situps.
2. how is it youā€™re the only one still going with this? didnā€™t you say thereā€™s like 3000$ for the winner? And everyone else quit? How rich are these 12 people that donā€™t care about 3 grand? Everyone gave up after 10 days?

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

Edit: btw we started like 13 people at work , 8 men and 5 ladyā€™s , now thereā€™s only me still going with this :)[/quote]

2 things: 1. you donā€™t need situps. ever. situps for 99 percent of people have zero correlation with aesthetics, and theyā€™re not very good for anything except getting better at situps.
2. how is it youā€™re the only one still going with this? didnā€™t you say thereā€™s like 3000$ for the winner? And everyone else quit? How rich are these 12 people that donā€™t care about 3 grand? Everyone gave up after 10 days?[/quote]

Anyone else can confirm #1?

Dont know why they quit and honestly i dont care , guess it was too much for them.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[ā€¦]

2. how is it youā€™re the only one still going with this? didnā€™t you say thereā€™s like 3000$ for the winner? And everyone else quit? How rich are these 12 people that donā€™t care about 3 grand? Everyone gave up after 10 days?[/quote]

Dont know why they quit and honestly i dont care , guess it was too much for them.[/quote]

Does that mean you won, already?

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[ā€¦]

Dont know why they quit and honestly i dont care , guess it was too much for them.[/quote]

Does that mean you won, already?[/quote]

no ofcourse not, fat is still hanging on my sides,i still need to get the abs 1st

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

Look at the last picture in my training log, or my Rate my physique. Iā€™ve done situps for one workout in the past 10 years. Iā€™m not in the minority, either. Abs come from diet, not sit ups.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

Look at the last picture in my training log, or my Rate my physique. Iā€™ve done situps for one workout in the past 10 years. Iā€™m not in the minority, either. Abs come from diet, not sit ups.
[/quote]

ok understood, thanks for the heads up.

What kind training would you recommend other then situps?

Thanks

You probably donā€™t need to specifically train your abs.

I would recommend lifting heavy weights. But you donā€™t have access to that. So sprints are good. John Romaniello (sp?) put out a good article about sprinting earlier this year, Iā€™d take a look at that. Sprinting is great for abs, and it will be good for shedding fat as well. Iā€™ll try to post some more ideas later

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

I would recommend lifting heavy weights. But you donā€™t have access to that. So sprints are good. John Romaniello (sp?) put out a good article about sprinting earlier this year, Iā€™d take a look at that. Sprinting is great for abs, and it will be good for shedding fat as well. Iā€™ll try to post some more ideas later
[/quote]

understood, thank you

10 days ~ 5 pounds down
[/quote]

I dropped 22 pounds in 3 monthsā€¦
Keep going

Matā€™

[quote]mat_angus wrote:

10 days ~ 5 pounds down
[/quote]

I dropped 22 pounds in 3 monthsā€¦
Keep going

Matā€™
[/quote]

Thats good to hear, em you mind posting your diet, or atleast a snippet of it.

Thanks

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[/quote]

If you donā€™t have access to a gym find a swing set, tree limb or anything where you can do hanging knee raises. Then bring knees up to chest for a great core workout.

Plenty of ab/pelvic work during sex, unless youā€™re by yourself;o

Iā€™d say do the pull ups as well but Iā€™m guessing from pictures you donā€™t have upper body strength to do a pull up. No offense.

Sprinting uphill is great for abs, especially getting knees working as high as they can go. Martial art side kicks will work torso area as well. These are ideas to allow you to work other body muscles at same time as the abs which make them superior to situps.

Most lifters donā€™t work abs through the sit up for the simple reason heavy deadlifts, squats even machine pulldown lat/tri moves all give the abdominal region a much more thorough workout. Deadlifts & squats are king. They make you a bigger more muscular person all over because of the release of human growth hormone and testosterone that you donā€™t get just doing sit ups or bicep curls.

Jump to the 00:30 second point of video:

[quote]conservativedog wrote:

If you donā€™t have access to a gym find a swing set, tree limb or anything where you can do hanging knee raises. Then bring knees up to chest for a great core workout.

Plenty of ab/pelvic work during sex, unless your by yourself.

Iā€™d say do the pull ups as well but Iā€™m guessing from pictures you donā€™t have upper body strength to do a pull up. No offense.

Sprinting uphill is great for abs. These are ideas to allow you to work other body muscles at same time as the abs which make them superior to situps.

Most lifters donā€™t work abs through the sit up for the simple reason heavy deadlifts, squats even machine pulldown lat/tri moves all give the abdominal region a much more thorough workout.

[/quote]

for now , am not doing any kind of abs training.

And one more question, today am 13 days in, ive lost ~5 pounds , but thats it, its like my body stopped losing weight, is it normal ? am changing my training and my diet, am doing more HIIT and some circuit training"20 mins", everyday after training i up my carbs, in the morning am uping my carbs, am doing minor changes so my body wont get used to the same diet training ive been doing.

Any advise on this? Thanks

Sprinting uphill is great for abs. These are ideas to allow you to work other body muscles at same time as the abs which make them superior to situps.

Most lifters donā€™t work abs through the sit up for the simple reason heavy deadlifts, squats even machine pulldown lat/tri moves all give the abdominal region a much more thorough workout.

[/quote]

And one more question, today am 13 days in, ive lost ~5 pounds , but thats it, its like my body stopped losing weight, is it normal ? am changing my training and my diet, am doing more HIIT and some circuit training"20 mins", everyday after training i up my carbs, in the morning am uping my carbs, am doing minor changes so my body wont get used to the same diet training ive been doing.

[/quote]

you sound impatient. You wonā€™t lose weight every day, doesnā€™t work like that. Most people vary at least 5lbs throughout the day anyway.

Donā€™t keep screwing with your diet, because you think you didnā€™t lose weight for 3 days. youā€™re only 13 days in. Trust the process.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

you sound impatient. You wonā€™t lose weight every day, doesnā€™t work like that. Most people vary at least 5lbs throughout the day anyway.

Donā€™t keep screwing with your diet, because you think you didnā€™t lose weight for 3 days. youā€™re only 13 days in. Trust the process.
[/quote]

kk understood

[/quote]

[/quote]

You do know that early on the weight comes off easily, then your body adapts and tries to hang on to what it has. Mix things up, itā€™s known as muscle confusion. Do this every 14-21 days.

This is an endeavor that is measured in months and years. For some it is measured in decades. It is a way of life and you are becoming a new you so hang in there.

Finally donā€™t forget in the future that muscle weighs more than fat. You will sculpt your body into a more muscular shape and rid it of fat but you may weigh same or a little more in coming years but itā€™s good weight if itā€™s muscle.

This is from another section: