Physiques and Steroids

ive been wondering now for quiet a while and have also looked a lot on google for info but have always wondered what way steroids work on developing muscle.
just for instance from the information i have found on wikipeda for the stats of 2 people similar height.

ronnie coleman

5 ft 11inch
325lbs
24 inch arms
58 inch chest
34 inch quads

mariusz Pudzianowski

5 ft 11 inch
309lbs
23.6 inch arms
58.3 inch chest
31.5 inch quads

it seems on a lot of websites that people say mariusz is on steroids when they read his workout program posted somewhere, but how comes his physique is completely differnt to ronnie in development if they both use the gear. ( as its obvious ronnie uses) ronnie seems to have a lot more development around the shoulders traps chest and back.#

photos attatched for comparison.

and then mariusz

ronnie

mariusz

First of all, steroids won’t make everybody look the same.

These two guys have different genetics.

These two guys also train differently, one is a bodybuilder while the other a strongman competitor.

if you want to know how steroids work, look at the endocrine system and find out what testosterone’s function is in the human body. That should be a good start.

DG

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
First of all, steroids won’t make everybody look the same.

These two guys have different genetics.

These two guys also train differently, one is a bodybuilder while the other a strongman competitor.

if you want to know how steroids work, look at the endocrine system and find out what testosterone’s function is in the human body. That should be a good start.

DG[/quote]

I think he believes that steroids are why they have huge muscles. It is the same mentality that discounts genetics and hard work as if steroids did all of the work.

The first place he should start is by throwing out the idea that steroids make big muscles. What makes big muscles is heavy weights being lifted for several years and having genetics that allow more growth than most. Steroids increase the rate at which protein is synthesized. They also aid in recovery. Both of these factors are useless without the previously mentioned hard work and genetics.

Professor X,

I think he is referring to the possibility of these two dudes looking different but for some reason should look the same because they are both on 'roids.

He may be referring to this because he didn’t take the time to think that these two guys are a) two different people, b) train differently, c) may not use the same things and may not use the same dosages.

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO THIS BOARD?

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
Professor X,

I think he is referring to the possibility of these two dudes looking different but for some reason should look the same because they are both on 'roids.

He may be referring to this because he didn’t take the time to think that these two guys are a) two different people, b) train differently, c) may not use the same things and may not use the same dosages.

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO THIS BOARD?[/quote]

lol because steroids is steroids is steroids right ??

If you use any steroids for any length of time with any type of training, you will be a clone of Ronnie.

Enough said.

well out of all that id say professer x is useful an thats about it so thanks for the help profersser x shows me ive now got plenty more to learn yet.

Actually, I think he was making fun of you too.

[quote]Westclock wrote:

lol because steroids is steroids is steroids right ??

If you use any steroids for any length of time with any type of training, you will be a clone of Ronnie.

Enough said.[/quote]

sweet!! at least i got that to look forward to !! :wink:

I love the bodypart measurements more than anything else in this thread…

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
Professor X,

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO THIS BOARD?[/quote]

the media has gotten a firm foothold on the publics conception of steroids,and thats what is happening.

Exactly.

[quote]MODOK wrote:
How can we know exactly what this guy is trying to say? He’s the village idiot, stumbling down the street with his pants around his ankles, holding a folding chair, and murmuring something about steroids and muscle shape while a stream of urine runs down his leg and fills his untied boot. [/quote]

24 inch arms…

Thats like Dexter’s waist :slight_smile:

How can one tell if someone is on 'roids from their training routine? I do 3 exercises for chest. Am I on 'roids?

No doubt in my mind you are sauced up, you don’t wear a medium size t shirt.

juice, such as testosterone, EQ & Dbol, IGF-1 & HGH, isn’t like a magic bullet, where once you take it you’ll naturally fill out with lean muscle…and you don’t have to put so much effort in the kitchen or gym.

Like professor X said, the role of gear, testosterone for example, is to allow the body to create more free flowing T, which allows more lean muscle to be produced, since naturally, most guys have about 2-3% of free flowing T.

If you were to go on 3000mg (3g) of testosterone, then ya’d have TRUCK loads of free flowing T.

The reason I don’t look like Jay Cutler, Ronnie Coleman or Arnold, is a) i have different genetics, b) i train differently, c) my diet would be slightly different, d) different amounts of ‘supplements’…

Scott,

I wear an XL now. I finally … FINALLY graduated to XXL in SOME shirts this year.

Hell, you’re most likely doing direct arm work then too.

Thats the true sign of a roider.

F’n cheaters…

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
Hell, you’re most likely doing direct arm work then too.

Thats the true sign of a roider.

F’n cheaters…[/quote]

i dunno if you can call it cheating.

It’s always a good feeling eh when you graduate shirt sizes, but not pants!