Physique Update + Looking for Feedback

So, I posted some pics of myself in other threads but I figured I’d open a thread specifically for getting feedback about my proportions/anesthetics because I’m really bad at self evaluation (I’m just not objective enough).

A few stats:
Current weight: 74 kg (163 lbs)
Height: 180 cm (5’ 10’)
Training age: since March 2016

I’ve been cutting for 6 weeks now, 2 more weeks to go and then I’ll get back to bulking (I just wanted to have abs and was tired of being soft). I really want to do this properly.

All the pics are a few days to 3 weeks old.

Here I’m just looking for some feedback as to how my physique looks and if there’s anything glaringly lagging that I should really work on. Thanks!

I would say that you really really really need to hit that back and rear delts a bit more efectively, do more work that stretches your biceps so that you can work on the peak a little (I say this because you have nice size there, but no shape), quads and chest look up to speed, front/lateral delts need to be workes up a bit more, triceps should be a target but not priority, and do a bit for your forearms.
To recap, your main concerns are back (especially width, but also thickness), and shoulders all around. I would not include traps in that though. Your upper traps are doing great.
Is it alright if I ask for your opinion on the same question, concerning myself?

Thank you for the analysis!

Sure, even though I’m bad(ish) at judging physiques, as soon as I have time I’ll take a look at your thread :slight_smile:

@flipcollar you always contribute greatly to this kind of threads, so if by any means you have time to reply I’d love to hear your thoughts about my physique

this is nonsense. that’s not how bicep development works. you have 1 insertion point at the bottom of the bicep, and 2 at the shoulder. Those insertion points will never ever change. That’s genetic. And those insertion points are what determine how your bicep is shaped, whether it’s flexed or unflexed.

I also think it’s much too early in your development to start focusing on single muscles. It’s still about muscle groups at this stage in development. So for instance, I would not say you need to work on your rear delts, I would say all your delt muscles need work. You just need bigger shoulders. They’re really not BAD, I just think big, strong delts do so much for a physique that you can never put too much work into making them grow.

Your chest is a strong point. It looks great, man. Great genetics for that.

I know this is not something you asked, but I don’t like your rear double bicep pose. Your elbows are too low. Raise them up so that your lats flare more. The way you’re posing makes your back look small and narrow. You can make your back look much bigger just by adjusting this pose.

Keep up the good work, honestly your shape and balance overall is really good.

2 Likes

What I think he meant is that I should do movements where the bicep is put under greater stretch via shoulder extension like incline curls because those exercises tend to target more the short head of the biceps, which is responsible for the peak look.

Yeah, this is something I’ve stressed about for a while. I even did a 4 week delt specialization phase from CT last year! My delts are bigger than they used to be but I’d almost give a leg to have them blow up or even really just get bigger (okay, much bigger is what I want).

Thanks, yeah I’ve always had a decent(ish) chest, but I’d probably benefit from some more upper pec development. I used to be self conscious about my pec looking like boobs (two years ago I was almost convinced I even had some light gyno). By the way, I’m BAD at barbell pressing, I just can’t get the movement to feel right for me, but I love Incline pressing with db. Indeed, the Incline db press has been my main horizontal pressing movement for a year practically.

This is an old pic (from October 2017) and there is some Instagram filtering going on, but it came out good because I think my posing was on point. My back even looks wider here. So here I think I nailed the positioning.

Thank you!

1 Like

I used shape as a way to decribe the long head. It is often looked at as thr head that shapes the biceps, since it adds height significantly more than the short head. The reason why you stretch it is because it will place more emphisis on it. I said all of his delts, but seperately. I went from picture to picture, and he should work singular muscles. He shouldn’t focus on biceps, of course, but I said to work on his back and delts more so than anything else, so your arguement against me is invalid there as well. Please read and analyse responses before giving trying to shoot it down.

Responding to both of the above quotes with this…

Both of you are majoring in the minors here, guys. This is nonsense for a 165 lbs guy who’s only kinda lean. Have some perspective. The sort of specialization you 2 are talking about is absolutely not applicable here. Samul is just not far enough along in his overall development for this to make any sense.

I’ve seen this so many times. The guys who focus on the minutia this early on in their training lives stagnate indefinitely. I’m trying to save you from this. You truly don’t know what your weak points are at this point. You don’t know what your biceps will look like when you’re 40 lbs heavier. You may not actually have the issue being discussed here.

FWIW, I’m speaking from experience. I used to think like this. I was a year into training, I weighed like 160 lbs, and I was working on ‘bicep peaks’. And trying to get that ‘horseshoe look’ in my triceps. I did all kinds of curl and extension variations. It was idiotic. Don’t be me, lol. I made the most progress in my training when I stopped thinking about this stuff. Unless you’re literally within months to a year of stepping on a bodybuilding stage, this isn’t a worthwhile pursuit.

You really didn’t read what I said, didn’t you? I said when he does bicep work, he should do more than stretches them. Reason being, his long head is lagging in comparison to his short head. I never said to focus on his biceps. He should do the same amount there that he already is, because I believe that they are to par with what he has already, but to say he should not do that is utterly ignorant. He should continue what he is doing, besides his back and shoulder work since that needs to have something changed there, but switch preference over. An example would be to do more decline curls as opposed to preacher curls. He will continue to grow as he is now by doing that, but will have less of a balance issue once he is bigger.

cool man. keep doing your thing.

1 Like

I just took this pic, so it really shows what my body currently looks like (it was taken right after a training session tho)

I’m at the end of week 7 of my 8-week cut. I did lose some fat, although admittedly not as much as I would’ve liked. Anyway, I really can’t wait for the last 10 days of dieting to pass by so I can finally start putting on mass.

1 Like