Physique/Training for MMA

[quote]humble wrote:

[quote]Captnoblivious wrote:

[quote]humble wrote:
Are you kidding? Fucking chicks dig my scars. My scalp, eyes thighs knees and shins… they fucking drool. It’s character. Put Vin diesel next to Justin Timberlake. Guaranteed Vin scores the chicks and Justin scores the blokes or chicks who wish they had dicks. Only a weak ass masculine bitch who doesn’t know her identity wants a pretty fucker in skinny jeans.[/quote]

This is a great post, but next time you visit the states you may be disappointed. The number of good looking women dating men with skinny jeans and wannabee beards is amazing.

Things are still good!
[/quote]

So in essence, you’re saying you have small legs. :slight_smile:

Robert, love it lool…
[/quote]

Yeah the ones I stand on, but it’s the third leg that counts!! :slight_smile:

And fuck no I don’t wear skinny jeans!

On a side note. Do you know anyone in Australia that hunts Asiatic water buffalo? I’d love to kill one with my bow…

And maybe a camel and lots of Australian camel toe…hahaha

[quote]humble wrote:

[quote]humble wrote:
Are you kidding? Fucking chicks dig my scars. My scalp, eyes thighs knees and shins… they fucking drool. It’s character. Put Vin diesel next to Justin Timberlake. Guaranteed Vin scores the chicks and Justin scores the blokes or chicks who wish they had dicks. Only a weak ass masculine bitch who doesn’t know her identity wants a pretty fucker in skinny jeans.[/quote]

This is a great post, but next time you visit the states you may be disappointed. The number of good looking women dating men with skinny jeans and wannabee beards is amazing.

Things are still good!
[/quote]

Robert, love it lool…
[/quote]

On a side note. Do you know anyone in Australia that hunts Asiatic water buffalo? I’d love to kill one with my bow…

[/quote]

This is one of the best: www.trophybowhunts.net : contact: Michael Baker== very large buff and hogs.

[/quote]

Lmao. touche.

No buffalo here… heaps in skinny jeans who will give you just as much satisfaction when hunting down.

Skinny jeans, fake tans, puffed lip facebook poses and fucked up hair do’s with streaks and shit. Yeah, down the lizard hole Australia goes. Who the fuck invented them anyways?

What shits me is I can’t even buy a pair of cargo pants. Fucking cargo pants are meant to be loose man…it’s like all manufacturing companies decided men should have skinny quads. Fucken industries

[quote]humble wrote:

[/quote]

Lmao. touche.

No buffalo here… heaps in skinny jeans who will give you just as much satisfaction when hunting down.

Skinny jeans, fake tans, puffed lip facebook poses and fucked up hair do’s with streaks and shit. Yeah, down the lizard hole Australia goes. Who the fuck invented them anyways?

What shits me is I can’t even buy a pair of cargo pants. Fucking cargo pants are meant to be loose man…it’s like all manufacturing companies decided men should have skinny quads. Fucken industries
[/quote]

Haha!

[quote]humble wrote:
[/quote]

humble,

Have you tried looking/asking where the Paramedic/EMT guys get theirs(or whatever the hell you call the ambulance team in Oz). Cargo pants are pretty much the paramedic uniform, and I doubt you have only skinny ambulance drivers. Law enforcement would also be a good place to look.

Basically, look at uniform supply companies. It might limit your color selection to black, dark blue, and green/tan/tactisexual digital camo, but I suspect you can finde some.

Regards,

Robert A

Humble,
check out: www.lapolicegear.com. My everyday working clothes are 5:11 tactical pants and shirts. They wear like iron and meet any need you have for cargo pockets. I believe they make cargo shorts also, I do know they make a pair of pants where the legs can be zipped off. Tough clothes for tough terrain. Not exactly cheap: around 55-75 USD for standard pants or shirts but since i dont know anything about fashion or jeans, that may be average. I have worn nothing else for over 6 years, so I know they last.

[quote]idaho wrote:
Humble,
check out: www.lapolicegear.com. My everyday working clothes are 5:11 tactical pants and shirts. They wear like iron and meet any need you have for cargo pockets. I believe they make cargo shorts also, I do know they make a pair of pants where the legs can be zipped off. Tough clothes for tough terrain. Not exactly cheap: around 55-75 USD for standard pants or shirts but since i dont know anything about fashion or jeans, that may be average. I have worn nothing else for over 6 years, so I know they last. [/quote]

Do they do international orders?

I would have said 5:11 by name, but I am not sure if they get sent to OZ. If not though there has to be some kind of homegrown Australian version that is similar that the .mil, LEO, and EMT/Medic guys use.

Regards,

Robert A

Robert,
Good question and one that I didnt even think about. They have shipped orders to me in Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait, and Jordan, howver, I really dont know about Australia. Stupid, I should have checked that out before I posted.

[quote]idaho wrote:

[quote]humble wrote:

[quote]humble wrote:

Things are still good!
[/quote]

Robert, love it lool…
[/quote]

[/quote]

This is one of the best: www.trophybowhunts.net : contact: Michael Baker== very large buff and hogs. [/quote]

Cool, I will check it out.

I buy my cargo pants at a thrift store. Lots of military clothing for cheap.

I love how this thread shifted from MMA training to what pants Humble should wear.

Humble, these shorts always leave room for impressive thighs. Why hide your legs? Go to work in your fight gear.

Returning to the OP: Something that everyone here but the OP has probably experienced, is a pair of FKN GINORMOUS Heavyweight MMA ‘fighters’ heave-humping each other in a sexy pile by the second round of an exceedingly boring amateur ‘fight’. I’m so tired of legit big dudes with really impressive bench press numbers (no sarcasm here) who believe that enables them to fight. I’ve even seen these ‘guys’ tap out from exhaustion. WHAT!?!?!

[quote]Pigeonkak wrote:
I love how this thread shifted from MMA training to what pants Humble should wear.

Humble, these shorts always leave room for impressive thighs. Why hide your legs? Go to work in your fight gear.

Returning to the OP: Something that everyone here but the OP has probably experienced, is a pair of FKN GINORMOUS Heavyweight MMA ‘fighters’ heave-humping each other in a sexy pile by the second round of an exceedingly boring amateur ‘fight’. I’m so tired of legit big dudes with really impressive bench press numbers (no sarcasm here) who believe that enables them to fight. I’ve even seen these ‘guys’ tap out from exhaustion. WHAT!?!?![/quote]

Truth. I am sick to death of big guys who think that because they are a sloppy 240lbs they are a bad ass fighter. I’ve lost track of the number of times some bloke has turned round to me when he’s found out I box and asked how much I bench, or told me how much more they can lift than me. If you’re big, you can hit big numbers, and can do a hundred burpees around the 5 minute mark, then you’re entitled to strut just a little.

Oh man, I started typing this giant rant about size not being everything and the OP being a tool. Then I realised it’s because I have a chip on my shoulder about being so damn small myself. It’s not that big a chip though. It just looks big next to me.

And that’s a suitable analogy to describe the OP. He is probably testing his fighting skills against inadequately trained amateurs, roughs them up on the mat and then looks about his kingdom (Pro Fight MMA Tactics Self-defence School and Kung Fu Center) thinking “I’m Chuck Norris’ illegitimate son”.

Ye, I’m with you there mate. As the proud owner of the much derided 14" (probably, although I have been known to give myself an extra inch or two over the internet before) internet arms, or whatever it is that makes you a weed on the rough tough world of weightlifting forums, I am aware that I don’t make my comments from the position of big strong tough guy.

Then I remember how many big strong hard men I have whipped up and down the ring. And then remember the skinny kids without a tricep on them that have hit me so hard I thought I was going to die. Then I scratch my head and tell people they should probably focus on learning to fight if they want to be good fighters. The the whole merry dance starts over again from the beginning.

5.11 are the skinny jeans of the uniform world. Don’t take my word for it read all the reviews where guys bitch the pants fit like panty hose.

I’m tall so finding loose enough jeans in a 36" inseam is even harder. I bought a pair of wrangler carpenters pants the other day and since they’re desinged to fit long the 34" fit. Levi’s is out of the baggy pants business and the 569’s are not “loose”.

I do have loose fitting cargo pants that I got at a uniform shop but the name of them are escaping me right now. They’re designed to be tactical though and they look it.

[quote]spyderboys wrote:
So what do I do guys im stumped, I want to be huge and strong and athletic for MMA but at the same time I want a great physique. i feel like if I just powerlift i will see my muscle definition go away and I dont want that considering how summer is 4 months away. I weigh 192 and am 6’2 with 11% BF My lifts are bench 320 squat 380 deadlift 405. So what should I do guys i was reading you have to build the house before you paint it which i think was a great quote. [/quote]

Okay Spyderboys, I think we have a good amount of advice for your training and physique concerns now:

What you want is to find a pants manufacturer that makes clothes that suit your frame and daily work. Some suggestions put forward are 5.11, LApolicegear.com and from me personally I recommend Dickies or Samson work overalls. You need to ask yourself if your physique needs are tactical or manual labour in nature, this should guide your final choice. ALso, since summer is on the way, dfon’t forget that the thickness of the material these clothes are made from may have an impact on your comfort levels.

We all hope this answers your OP questions and don’t forget to post before and after photos of whatever you previously wore around town, and what you’ve since purchased.

My training shorts are shiny with tassels and says something in a foreign language. I dunno what the fuck it says. I just wear them to show off my 40 stitch vastus lateralis scar. Backs everyone the fuck off from the bag area at the gym and I feel adequate with my life’s achievements.

The op will never troll this section again lol

I agree about all the recent former juicers getting in on the fight world action.

Fuckers.

Nothing but Muay Thai kicks to their legs and switch kicks and body rips to the liver.

The two must humbling experiences for a human being.

As much as we all hate head shots, nothing says " Go the fuck back to lawn bowls" better than the above two.

[quote]LondonBoxer123 wrote:
Ye, I’m with you there mate. As the proud owner of the much derided 14" (probably, although I have been known to give myself an extra inch or two over the internet before) internet arms, or whatever it is that makes you a weed on the rough tough world of weightlifting forums, I am aware that I don’t make my comments from the position of big strong tough guy.

Then I remember how many big strong hard men I have whipped up and down the ring. And then remember the skinny kids without a tricep on them that have hit me so hard I thought I was going to die. Then I scratch my head and tell people they should probably focus on learning to fight if they want to be good fighters. The the whole merry dance starts over again from the beginning. [/quote]

Oh shit? Loundon boxer only has 14" arms. That means he must be a pussy…

Just kidding man! Its amazing how many sloppy motherfuckers are on this site.

edited for grammar Fuck I’m hungover!

Can’t put muscle on a chin.

[quote]rundymc wrote:
Can’t put muscle on a chin.[/quote]

Not literally, but strengthening your neck can help. Not that this is something the average pretty boy is interested in…