Physique Clinic - Bizarre

[quote]Dave2 wrote:
As a level 0, I’m sure they really value your input as well.
[/quote]

What the fuck is this world of warcraft?

I don’t give a shit what there giving away, doing for people that’s their choice if you think it is out of the goodness of their hearts you are sorely mistaken.

T-Nation is the web site of a supplements company they advertise there products cool; I’m not naive enough to expect anything else. The reason I visit this site is primary because of the Articles they aren’t treasure troves of infinite knowledge that some of the people on here would have you believe. They are however for the most part well written and informative with some genuine insights in some of them, and I can take all the advertisements they want to place in there thats fine.

But when they run a feature and start chatting about a new batch of Surge I’m sorry but my bullshit alarm lights up and I can’t really continue to take it as seriously anymore.

If you have a problem with that fine. But don’t start getting all but hurt because I might want to make a critical comment of your favorite website. That happens a lot on T-Nation “Look at all you ungreatfull so and so talking smack about the site” because they may have uttered something heaven forbid not along the lines of “I love you (insert author” OR “Surge got me huuuge”

Seriously grow the fuck up.

If Biotest gave you the same amount of money they do on T-Nation; you’d tattoo their logo in your ass.

[quote]Brick Kiln wrote:
And I don’t mind the tone CT is using because maybe he actually wants to get this big scary monster image in the guys’ heads to keep them in line. He can’t watch over them in person after all so a bit of drill sarge talk might be justified.[/quote]

I skimmed that thread before reading this one and saw the comment in question. To me it was clear that is was meant in a tongue in cheek fashion, more as a joke, and I gave it no second thought.

Lately, it seems to be a trend that many posters are preoccupied with reading things into circumstantial comments, trying to construe arguments and disagreements on minor issues, start drama etc. Either I’m way off or some people should stop acting so sensitive. Whatever.

Edit: This is not directed against you.

[quote]michael2507 wrote:
Brick Kiln wrote:
And I don’t mind the tone CT is using because maybe he actually wants to get this big scary monster image in the guys’ heads to keep them in line. He can’t watch over them in person after all so a bit of drill sarge talk might be justified.

I skimmed that thread before reading this one and saw the comment in question. To me it was clear that is was meant in a tongue in cheek fashion, more as a joke, and I gave it no second thought.

Lately, it seems to be a trend that many posters are preoccupied with reading things into circumstantial comments, trying to construe arguments and disagreements on minor issues, start drama etc. Either I’m way off or some people should stop acting so sensitive. Whatever.

Edit: This is not directed against you.[/quote]

Actually that part was in response to these posts which I don’t think you’re referring to when you say tongue in cheek:

[quote]conwict wrote:
It is a cool idea. I can’t say I envy them though. Except for the products they’re getting free :stuck_out_tongue:

I HATE when they hide something from me. And if they do and I suspect something I WILL not only kick them out of my Clinic but do my best to humiliate them for years to come.

It’s easy to come across badly on the 'net but I think that quote is just plain unprofessional.[/quote]

and

But I get your general point.

[quote]Brick Kiln wrote:
I HATE when they hide something from me. And if they do and I suspect something I WILL not only kick them out of my Clinic but do my best to humiliate them for years to come.[/quote]

This was the post. Hyperbole, if you ask me.

[quote]IrishMarc wrote:
Dave2 wrote:
As a level 0, I’m sure they really value your input as well.

What the fuck is this world of warcraft?
[/quote]

If you lie to CT in the Physique Clinic, he will make you shard your purpz!

Sounds like something Charles Poliquin would have said; i.e. funny.

Quotes aside, having bought Biotest supps over the years both under my old screen name and through their UK distributor - what the hell is wrong with them showing how well their products work through this clinic setting?

People come on here acting all high and mighty about someone doing a sales pitch, when the site wouldn’t exist if it weren’t for the supplements. I for one appreciated the original testosterone.net when it first rolled around all those years ago. If I have to buy something, it’s not exactly a hardship.

Tanizaki, come’on man what’s with all the bottled up anger?

Being part of this Clinic, I see any insults or threats from CT, as just a good, swift, kick in the arse. He’s a coach, that’s what a coach does.

I know for one I don’t like a sweet talking coach, that’s boring and doesn’t get me fired up at all. Haha I dunno maybe I’m just nuts, but I respond best when someone tries to tell me I can’t do something.

Hey Bizarre sorry for hijacking the thread about you man! I just wanted to comment on Thibs style. Y’all can resume discussion of Bizarre’s future progress now :slight_smile:

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:
Tanizaki wrote:
Goodfellow wrote:
He says ectomorphs should train with low volume, as they cause too much of a rise in cortisol which breaks down muscle.

However, since they should train with low volume, they must make up for the lack of training with super high intensity, which is what he is incorporating into these sets.

Hope that clears it up.

I was surprised by CT’s talk of ectomorphs and such. Somatypes aren’t very scientific. They were cutting edge stuff in 1947, though!

Somatypes aren’t very SPECIFIC when you look at bodybuilders, people who have dramatically changed the shape of their body.

But when you look at the general population and people who have only been training for a year or two, you can use somatypes to generalize and give advice to a big population.[/quote]

Somatypes are not scientific. In fact, they were first developed in an attempt to link body type with personality. Medical science rejected somatypes around 1953 or so. Maybe the next bit of advice can be based on the humor theory of medicine. Har!

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:

Being part of this Clinic, I see any insults or threats from CT, as just a good, swift, kick in the arse. He’s a coach, that’s what a coach does.

I know for one I don’t like a sweet talking coach, that’s boring and doesn’t get me fired up at all. Haha I dunno maybe I’m just nuts, but I respond best when someone tries to tell me I can’t do something.

Hey Bizarre sorry for hijacking the thread about you man! I just wanted to comment on Thibs style. Y’all can resume discussion of Bizarre’s future progress now :)[/quote]

I have no anger.

[quote]Tanizaki wrote:
CrewPierce wrote:

Hey Bizarre sorry for hijacking the thread about you man! I just wanted to comment on Thibs style. Y’all can resume discussion of Bizarre’s future progress now :slight_smile:

I have no anger.[/quote]

dude stop being such a dick.

[quote]Tanizaki wrote:
CrewPierce wrote:
come’on man what’s with all the bottled up anger?

I have no anger.[/quote]

Haha you just contradicted yourself there. :slight_smile:

Wow, could we find anything less important to whine about?

It wouldn’t have mattered how they did it, who with or any other variable. There would’ve been bitching if they gave away money.

…well somewhat back to the original topic: i noticed CT was talking about ectomorphs getting negative affects from heavy weight+high sets/low reps. im an ecotomorph body type and im doing Blending Size & Strength V2.0 yet now im wondering if thats going to be a problem since it has strength training as well as hypertrophy training. so far ive been making progress with it in both categories.

so should i really be worried about this or even abandon the program all togethor in place of something else or just keep going on with it?

thanks, Kyle

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
…well somewhat back to the original topic: i noticed CT was talking about ectomorphs getting negative affects from heavy weight+high sets/low reps. im an ecotomorph body type and im doing Blending Size & Strength V2.0 yet now im wondering if thats going to be a problem since it has strength training as well as hypertrophy training. so far ive been making progress with it in both categories. so should i really be worried about this or even abandon the program all togethor in place of something else or just keep going on with it?

thanks, Kyle[/quote]

I was wondering about that myself I wouldn’t go jumping off your program just yet.

Why is an Ectomorph body type so adverse to high volume training, I wonder what the Rational is behind CT’s approach I’m sure he has some reason. If anything I would have thought your average Ectomorph would have thrived off High Volume stuff what being of a disposition too Type I fibers.

I thought the biggest factor in the Ecotomorph’s life was eating enough calories to bypass there quick oxidising metabolism. I would love to hear his reasoning.

*spent the last 5 minutes staring at eason’s butt.

[quote]IrishMarc wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
…well somewhat back to the original topic: i noticed CT was talking about ectomorphs getting negative affects from heavy weight+high sets/low reps. im an ecotomorph body type and im doing Blending Size & Strength V2.0 yet now im wondering if thats going to be a problem since it has strength training as well as hypertrophy training. so far ive been making progress with it in both categories. so should i really be worried about this or even abandon the program all togethor in place of something else or just keep going on with it?

thanks, Kyle

I was wondering about that myself I wouldn’t go jumping off your program just yet.

Why is an Ectomorph body type so adverse to high volume training, I wonder what the Rational is behind CT’s approach I’m sure he has some reason. If anything I would have thought your average Ectomorph would have thrived off High Volume stuff what being of a disposition too Type I fibers.

I thought the biggest factor in the Ecotomorph’s life was eating enough calories to bypass there quick oxidising metabolism. I would love to hear his reasoning.

*spent the last 5 minutes staring at eason’s butt. [/quote]

He explained everything “just because ectomorphs can do a high volume of low-intensity muscular work, doesn’t mean they can do a high volume of high-intensity muscular work”

also, it mentions that HIT is best for ectomorphs in the training handbook

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:

He explained everything “just because ectomorphs can do a high volume of low-intensity muscular work, doesn’t mean they can do a high volume of high-intensity muscular work”

[/quote]

I’m sorry but that explains nothing, if you could link me to his explination it would be most helpful. Or point me in the direction of which book its in.

[quote]IrishMarc wrote:
Goodfellow wrote:

I’m sorry but that explains nothing, if you could link me to his explination it would be most helpful. Or point me in the direction of which book its in.

[/quote]

Physique clinic, bizarre thread, second page, 16th post down.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:

thanks, Kyle[/quote]

If it’s working there’s no reason to stop. Personally, I find I make better progress when I stop listening to what people tell me should work and start trying things and seeing if they do work.