Physique Clinic - Bizarre

Is anyone else excited how this one will turn out?

As a build almost the same as this guys I am really looking forward to what CT does to help transform him. I just wish I could see the diet and workout programs CT gives him!

This is such a great idea from T-Nation, most people probably won’t be able to see it through their green eyes just yet but someone with a body to yours will get trained. Giving you a wealth of information to use in your own training, thats how i see it anyway.

Do people with body’s similar to the other guys on the clinic keep tuning in to see if they can follow the advice?

…and it helps promote their products :stuck_out_tongue:

I pray they re-consider giving this opportunity to people outside of the US.

It is a cool idea. I can’t say I envy them though. Except for the products they’re getting free :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s easy to come across badly on the 'net but I think that quote is just plain unprofessional.

I don’t have a problem with that quote from CT. A bit of hyperbole there for emphasis, I suspect - but the sentiment is perfectly understandable if someone lies to him while he’s providing free coaching.

Especially in the context of bizarre’s comment: “To be honest, I am not that much of a drinker.”

That should set off a warning bell or two. Statements preceded by “To be honest …” all too often are anything but. :slight_smile:

Anyway - the clinic certainly is a brilliant idea and it will be fascinating to see how the chosen ones progress, especially given a couple appear to be less than ideal candidates.

(And is it really US only? Damn! I second the motion to allow this for OS members!)

I’m interested to see how it goes.

I like CT and I certainly wouldn’t say that I couldn’t benefit from being a subject, but I’m happy with how I’m doing things now.

That’s just the way CT is. Anyone looking for advice from him should be ready to accept harsh criticism if things are done incorrectly.

Whey Man, I respect CT’s knowledge and experience, but I don’t like when people try to shove authority down my throat. Hyperbole perhaps but it’s the physique clinic, not the military.

I agree with Tiribulus. The free info already posted on the site is fabulous. One on one coaching may be better, but I have learned so much I like to think I know what I’m doing when it comes to me.

oldskinnyfat, I’m with you. And I think that crewpierce guy is full of shit too. “Test would be my favorite…IF I’d tried it.”

This is generally a better approach than humiliating people for years…

http://www.westegg.com/unmaintained/carnegie/win-friends.html

Its CT’s rep. Its can be hard to manage clients over the net. Its possible that a client wont follow the directions properly. Especially if they get this advice for free. Then claim that “CT’s methods suck”. So go easy on him if he makes it clear he expects commitment and honesty from the client. Its how he puts food on the table.

[quote]conwict wrote:
It is a cool idea. I can’t say I envy them though. Except for the products they’re getting free :stuck_out_tongue:

I HATE when they hide something from me. And if they do and I suspect something I WILL not only kick them out of my Clinic but do my best to humiliate them for years to come.

It’s easy to come across badly on the 'net but I think that quote is just plain unprofessional.[/quote]

I think it’s a bad ass quote. If you have the guts to post a pic of yourself and get Biotest to basically “sponsor” you with supplements plus having CT to personally supervise your eating-training-rest and not make the grade…

No THAT is plain unprofessional.

[quote]Beatnik wrote:
Its CT’s rep. Its can be hard to manage clients over the net. Its possible that a client wont follow the directions properly. Especially if they get this advice for free. Then claim that “CT’s methods suck”. So go easy on him if he makes it clear he expects commitment and honesty from the client. Its how he puts food on the table.

[/quote]

I agree if CT gives all this advice to the guy and they says he is following it and is not and gets shit results CT will look terrible and this will be his most publisized client results.

hi.
was wondering it someone could explain this to me, on bizarre’s training plan CT said an ecto should perform only 6 sets per muscle group:

F. Hammer Curl 2 sets Rest 75 seconds
Each set was performed as follows:
10-12 reps to failure, rest 10 secs, reps to failure, drop 50% reps to failure, rest 10 secs, reps to failure, drop 50% reps to failure, rest 10 secs, reps to failure
Set1: Wt=35 lbs. reps=12,10,10,10,12,12
Set2: Wt=35 lbs. reps=10.8.10.12,12,12

Is this not a total of 12 sets split into like 2 groups? i did ask CT but he said there was only 6 sets the the programme and i dont really want to ask him to explain.
So was wondering if one of you could please explain? im a little lost.

thanks in advance alex

[quote]A_l3x wrote:
hi.
was wondering it someone could explain this to me, on bizarre’s training plan CT said an ecto should perform only 6 sets per muscle group:

10-12 reps to failure, rest 10 secs, reps to failure, drop 50% reps to failure, rest 10 secs, reps to failure, drop 50% reps to failure, rest 10 secs, reps to failure

Is this not a total of 12 sets split into like 2 groups? i did ask CT but he said there was only 6 sets the the programme and i dont really want to ask him to explain.

thanks in advance alex[/quote]

It is one long set, with high intensity built into it.

He says ectomorphs should train with low volume, as they cause too much of a rise in cortisol which breaks down muscle.

However, since they should train with low volume, they must make up for the lack of training with super high intensity, which is what he is incorporating into these sets.

Hope that clears it up.

Whilst it is a pretty cool Idea and CT and Shuguart are two of my favorite authors on the site after reading two threads I am never looking at it again mainly for two reasons.

1 - Supplement plugging its just plane ridiculous I understand that the Biotest site is the life blood that courses through T-Nations veins keeping the servers alive but banging on about a new Surge like its some sort of magic pill is just plain silly.

2 - Arrogance any person who calls themselves and quote “one of the top strength coaches in the world” looses my intrest instantly regardless of the truth of the statement.

The way they speak to the people in the clinic I can’t really say anything for or against since I haven’t read the responses throughly enough to make an informed judgment but from mu brief encounter with the feature I am not exactly over come with awe.

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:
He says ectomorphs should train with low volume, as they cause too much of a rise in cortisol which breaks down muscle.

However, since they should train with low volume, they must make up for the lack of training with super high intensity, which is what he is incorporating into these sets.

Hope that clears it up.
[/quote]

I was surprised by CT’s talk of ectomorphs and such. Somatypes aren’t very scientific. They were cutting edge stuff in 1947, though!

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:
A_l3x wrote:
hi.

thanks in advance alex

Hope that clears it up.

[/quote]

Ahhh so because there is such little rest between the reps/sets its classed as one long set???is that correct?

[quote]A_l3x wrote:
Goodfellow wrote:
A_l3x wrote:
hi.

thanks in advance alex

Hope that clears it up.

Ahhh so because there is such little rest between the reps/sets its classed as one long set???is that correct?

[/quote]

Correct. There is just TWO long painful sets.

[quote]Tanizaki wrote:
Goodfellow wrote:

Hope that clears it up.

I was surprised by CT’s talk of ectomorphs and such. Somatypes aren’t very scientific. They were cutting edge stuff in 1947, though![/quote]

Somatypes aren’t very SPECIFIC when you look at bodybuilders, people who have dramatically changed the shape of their body.

But when you look at the general population and people who have only been training for a year or two, you can use somatypes to generalize and give advice to a big population.

[quote]IrishMarc wrote:
Whilst it is a pretty cool Idea and CT and Stuguart are two of my favorite authors on the site after reading two threads I am never looking at it again mainly for two reasons.

1 - Supplement plugging its just plane ridiculous I understand that the Biotest site is the life blood that courses through T-Nations veins keeping the servers alive but banging on about a new surge like its some sort of magic pill is just plain silly.

2 - Arrogance any person who calls themselves and quote “one of the top strength coaches in the world” looses my intrest instantly regardless of the truth of the statement.

The way they speak to the people in the clinic I can’t really say anything for or against since I haven’t read the responses throughly enough to make an informed judgment but from mu brief encounter with the feature I am not exactly over come with awe.
[/quote]

Do you stop watching a good TV show just because it has some advertisements in between? This experiment has got to have something in it for Biotest too.

And I don’t mind the tone CT is using because maybe he actually wants to get this big scary monster image in the guys’ heads to keep them in line. He can’t watch over them in person after all so a bit of drill sarge talk might be justified.

Anyway like the OP I’m really interested in bizarre’s progress too since he matches my physique and age. Will be great to see professional coaching in action.

[quote]conwict wrote:
This is generally a better approach than humiliating people for years…

http://www.westegg.com/unmaintained/carnegie/win-friends.html
[/quote]

I thought this was T-Nation.

[quote]IrishMarc wrote:
Whilst it is a pretty cool Idea and CT and Shuguart are two of my favorite authors on the site after reading two threads I am never looking at it again mainly for two reasons.

1 - Supplement plugging its just plane ridiculous I understand that the Biotest site is the life blood that courses through T-Nations veins keeping the servers alive but banging on about a new Surge like its some sort of magic pill is just plain silly.

[/quote]

Biotest gives away thousands of dollars worth of supplements and Thibaudeau coaches people for free… then it’s all made public so we can learn something from it… and people still find a way to bitch. Wow.

Maybe you’re just jealous because you’re not eligible?

As a level 0, I’m sure they really value your input as well.