Physique Advice for Competition

I have a bodybuilding competition (Middleweight 176lbs class) on july 31st and I just want some constructive criticism or any advice for improvements for my workouts and dieting. I’m currently training 3 times a day: in the morning, afternoon and evening. In the morning and evening I would do a certain muscle group and 20-40 minutes of cardio in the afternoon.

An example of my schedule is: Monday - max effort chest in the morning then dynamic back in the evening. Tuesday - triceps then biceps in the evening. Wednesday - shoulders in the morning then calves/forearms/abs in the evening. Thursday - Max effort legs in the morning, cardio in the afternoon, off evening. Friday off. Saturday - dynamic chest in the morning max effort back in the evening. Sunday same as last Tuesday. Monday same as last Wednesday. Tuesday - dynamic legs, cardio in the afternoon. Wednesday off. Then repeat from the first Monday.

Also I’m currently only consuming 40g of carbs and a high amount of protein, consuming at least 5000 calories a day. I eat at least 6 eggs a day, 2 with yolk and rest with no yoke, grilled skinless chicken breasts, medium steaks, a lot of bananas, coffee in the morning for energy, grapefruits, peaches, apples and oranges and a cup of vegetables each meal. For supplements, I take whey protein after cardio, Driven Sport Activate and Triazole stack, glucosamine, Mega Men, and Casein with glutamine before in go to sleep.

Post the required shots: read directions.

As for the back since that is what you posted I would say you need both thickness and width.
I don’t know what you were going for with that scapular retraction (one at a time) but that might look more impressive if your back had mass. Skip the theatrics and just pose please.

Also, you may want to cut out the cardio if you are truly eating 5000 calories per day and not gaining muscle.

front double bis

back double bis

front legs

rear legs

tricep extension

Are you competing in the Pacific? Where at? I know a lot of the Samoan bodybuilders and if you compete against them I’d love to know how they’re doing as I don’t exactly talk to them since leaving.

I’m not really in any place to comment on your physique but good luck in the competition.

You need to get bigger.

I honestly think that the only part of your body that looks contest ready is you quads.

You’re consuming 5,000 calories/day…and only 40 grams of carbs??

What is your diet?

Having competed mostly as a middleweight myself (and seen some serious monsters in my time!), I think you need quite a bit more size and thickness if you’re going to be onstage. A gym-physique, and a contest level-physique are two very different things. Quads aside, everything else needs to be brought up quite a bit.

S

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:
You’re consuming 5,000 calories/day…and only 40 grams of carbs??

What is your diet?[/quote]

Example: breakfast - 8 eggs, a cup of grapefruits, a hash brown, a turkey sausage patty, a cup of coffee.
brunch - jerky and an orange/banana/apple.
lunch - 6 servings of boneless, skinless grilled turkey in brown gravy, 1/2 cup of spinach, 1/2 cup of cut apricots, ranch salad w/ diced ham, shredded cheddar cheese and eggs, gold standard whey protein shake in water
between lunch/dinner - 4 pouches of white albacore tuna and an orange/banana/apple
dinner - about the same as lunch, but with a choice of either turkey, roast beef or turkey
after gym - 5 pieces of grilled boneless, skinless chicken breasts marinaded in lemon pepper or herb & garlic, 1/2 cup of grapes, casein protein shake in watter

As a disclaimer I’m completely new to this, but your chest and hamstrings especially look like they need work. You look like you’re a person who could have been very skinny if they didn’t workout (based on calves), so nice work so far!

progress pics 6 weeks out

progress pic - 6 weeks out