Physiology Professor Has it Wrong?

I’m currently going though the same shit with my nutrition/phys courses. I think I just need to inhale all of the silly BS and remember it for the tests and then forget it all. Some of the crap that comes out of the professors mouth is downright hilarious. At other times, I feel like ripping one of my ears off listening to the guy.

Get your degree and then GTFO lol.

This is going to be my major someday soon…
Is this what I’ll have to deal with for four years?
(Shutters…)

[quote]iVoodoo wrote:
(Shutters…)[/quote]
Indeed.

[quote]iVoodoo wrote:
(Shutters…)[/quote]

LOL. Yes, you will actually have to deal with people who don’t agree with you. I know, I know…it sounds scary at first, but the real world also has breasts in it.

[quote]jhng wrote:
Suggest that he look up on Paul Chek.

[/quote]

Well, Chek is more than a little bit “out there” on a lot of things.

I suggest looking up Dr. Jeff Volek of UCONN. He was interviewed on TN, here:
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_interviews/the_new_lowcarb_guru

Others who are very schooled in this stuff and who are not spouting the standard, 30-year-old textbook verbiage include Drs. John Berardi and Lonnie Lowery.

The thing is, you have to learn the standard line well enough to repeat it back on command. My understanding is that once you have the required credentials, you can venture into fresher ways of thinking. I think the same is true when it comes to earning a CSCS. I’ve heard some of the NSCA material is a bit questionable as well. But what are the alternatives?

I’m glad I went to University of Western Ontario and had the pleasure of taking classes done by Dr. Peter Lemon. He was the first researcher I know of who stated athletes required much more protein than your average person. He’s been cited in hundreds of texts and was Berardi’s mentor. Extremely knowledgeable guy