Photo Search How To

I have been trying for a while now to locate a photo that appeared in a newspaper many years ago. I believe it was a New York paper, perhaps in the mid 1980’s. It was a photograph of a NY city mounted policeman who had just captured someone who I think had just committed an armed robbery. In the photo, the officer has dismounted but is still holding the reins of his horse in one hand while pointing his sidearm (revolver) at the robber with the other hand. If I recall correctly, the robber is either falling backwards or is in a position that looks like he may have just fallen back.

I thought with the advent of the search engines now available, I would have easily found it. I have tried numerous combinations of words in the image search but have not been able to find it. I don’t know if the age of the photo may make a search like this unlikely, as the photo was taken pre-internet. Now, while I have not made this my life’s passion, I am somewhat frustrated by the fact that is seems to be a distinct enough photo that I should have found it by now.

My question is two fold:

1. Does anyone else remember this picture, and if so, what paper it was in?
  2. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong with my search?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

found it

A NY police officer, on a HORSE no less, capturing a thug? Impossible.

I think you were dreaming.

Too easy

[quote]inkaddict wrote:
Too easy[/quote]

That’s close but not it.

Have you tried asking a different forum for help? I know there’s some knowledgable people on here, but maybe a photography or news based group would be more helpful.

[quote]inkaddict wrote:
Have you tried asking a different forum for help? I know there’s some knowledgable people on here, but maybe a photography or news based group would be more helpful.[/quote]

I know you are probably right but I started here for a reason. I have read some great books based on forum suggestions. I have gotten really good advice on injury treatment here. I have even gotten pretty good advice on my love life. There are definitely knowledgeable people here. I figured I would start with the place I was most comfortable. Thanks for the help. I’ll have to move out of my comfort zone to find the answer to this one.

[quote]inkaddict wrote:
Have you tried asking a different forum for help? I know there’s some knowledgable people on here, but maybe a photography or news based group would be more helpful.[/quote]

I know you are probably right but I started here for a reason. I have read some great books based on forum suggestions. I have gotten really good advice on injury treatment here. I have even gotten pretty good advice on my love life. There are definitely knowledgeable people here. I figured I would start with the place I was most comfortable. Thanks for the help. I’ll have to move out of my comfort zone to find the answer to this one.