T Nation

Phosphatidylserine

CT recommended taking a whopping 800mg of phosphatidylserine before a workout to suppress cortisol. My question is this: is he talking about 800mg of just phosphatidylserine, or 800mg’s of what is called a “phosphatidylserine complex” that contains 100mgs of phosphatidylserine and other amounts of phosphatidylcholine, etc. If it is 800mgs of just phosphatidylserine, I would love to hear what brand is used, because I was unable to find any brand that contained more than 100mgs of straight phosphatidylserine per cap, and even at that the price is pretty high.

[quote]Alexandar wrote:
CT recommended taking a whopping 800mg of phosphatidylserine before a workout to suppress cortisol. My question is this: is he talking about 800mg of just phosphatidylserine, or 800mg’s of what is called a “phosphatidylserine complex” that contains 100mgs of phosphatidylserine and other amounts of phosphatidylcholine, etc. If it is 800mgs of just phosphatidylserine, I would love to hear what brand is used, because I was unable to find any brand that contained more than 100mgs of straight phosphatidylserine per cap, and even at that the price is pretty high. [/quote]

I had the same question. Anyone? Anyone?

I’m pretty sure it’s just the serine. If it’s the complex, Heaven help us, it’ll cost a fortune.

Check the bottom of his fat loss tips article. He answered me when I wrote to him on subject.