Phosphatidylserine (PS) Question

Phosphatidylserine (PS), is it worth anything? From it’s anti cataoblic properties, I figure it’d be good for holding onto muscle while on an all day hike.

Any thoughts?

I was reading through PubMed about it, and the studies mention lower serum levels of cortisol, blunted stress response of the HPAA, and the like, but no mention of the actual cause of how it modulates cortisol levels.

I know a lot of people who use it on occasion in their PCT. And it DOES work.

If you were just going to use it for a one day thing, try 1000 mg the previous day, and 1200mg the morning of the hike.

However, if it was me, I would just go on the hike - without any anti-catabolic supplementation. Catabolism is overrated.

Bring lots of “trail mix” and you’re good to go.

Sorry, let me change my recommended dosage.

1000mg day before, 800 day of the hike.

You wouldnt want to have your cortisol to low.

800mg is usually cost prohibitive and has only been shown to affect emotional stress.

In fact, brand spanking new research has shown that PS had no effect on cortisol or muscle damage, following intense exercise in humans.

Cheers

[quote]David Barr wrote:
800mg is usually cost prohibitive and has only been shown to affect emotional stress.

In fact, brand spanking new research has shown that PS had no effect on cortisol or muscle damage, following intense exercise in humans.

Cheers[/quote]

Thanks David. Could you post the reference?

Thanks David