T Nation

Phone Number for Personal Trainer

I'm thinking of getting a number like FITNESS

e.g. 0945-3486377

Would this "look better"/be better for business than a "normal" phone number?

(in case it wasn't clear, I'm a personal trainer. No flaming, please)

Thanks,
Eisen

mfw "personal trainer"

No, it will look lame. You will attract clients that are annoying and only looking for 1800-QUICK-FIX.
Build up your business by reputation via word of mouth.

tweet

Well, a client gained 18 lbs in 6 months (no fat), and one gained ~27 in the same amount of time (though there was a bit of muscle memory at work). Since I only have 4 total clients, and one began very little time ago...

Also, I learnt that some people just aren't motivated to go to the gym on their own...
And, 'round this here parts, the ultra-wide-grip pull-down to the back is the go-to exercise for back development... So, my clients are happy they found me.

Anyyyway...

Back to the subject.

Yes a vanity number will be more memorable to potential clients.

Be sure to give your number to all the chics that you meet too.

I wouldn't have thought it would actually increase business and therefore justify the expense. There are probably a lot better ways you could use any available promotion budget. I read something by Alwyn Cosgrove about the people that say "I want to train with a pt but I'd like to lose a bit of weight first," saying that the failure there is that you are not the first thing they think of when it comes to weight loss, so you need to change that in order to be successful.

1-800-PUMPING

No further responses required

This guy is onto something. The only thing that number will do is make it easier to remember but given most numbers are available at the touch of a button these days it's not even that useful any more.

No one likes those numbers

Searching for letters is stupid

Just make a website
Make business cards

Get cool with supp store owners and leave cards at register with flyers or a little prop with a pic of you on it

List goals and services on prop box carbs flyers and websites

If you have the money make tshirts and give them away at the mall or some crowded place

867-5309

Perhaps you could use the email address, hotmale@hotmail.com

Edgy already has that one.

You're asking two different questions.

Would it look better? Sure, why not. Eye-catching is eye-catching.

Would it be better, in terms of producing more leads/clients? That depends entirely on what you're going to do with it.

If you're doing print advertising (which I never really had a ton of success with), then sure, a potential client might remember it better before he throws out the flyer or newspaper. But if you're just putting it on a business card that you'll be handing out, I don't think a quirky phone number is necessary.

In fact, I'd say it's probably more important to have a barebones website you can direct people to, even if you just purchase something like the "SterneneisenTraining.com" domain name (less than $10 a year) and direct it to a free blog where you have one post with your e-mail address and bio.

It's the 21st century. Having some kind of web presence really is a must for businesses.

You should get a haircut you damn hippy

Thank you very, very much mr. Colucci, Count, Stern, Gym Savvy.

Will get to work on a bio and a site...

Why are you so skinny then?

Jenny Jenny

Problem is most here did not get it, and the rest are all serious.

Maybe just give them something they can hold on to.

Like a penis.