Philosophy/Quote Thread

Education is the key to oppurtunity
Passion is the the key to succeess

If you dont push yourself past your limtis how do you know what they are?

At the end of my life, I don’t want to say I lived it safe and had some good times, I want to say what a ride, I’m ready for bed!

“S’like there’s a time to drink and to dream
Then create and complete
My life, resistant words, a good riff and a beat”
-(Steady riot) Big D-

Achieving life is not the equivalent of avoiding death.
Ayn Rand

There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.
Ayn Rand

The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live.
Ayn Rand

G

A little rule, a little sway,
A sunbeam in a winter’s day,
Is all the proud and mighty have,
Between the cradle and the grave.
John Dryer

“To our immense satisfaction we realized we had reached the top of the world.”
Sir Edmund Hillary

‘Who are you and how did you get in here?’ ‘I’m a locksmith. And, I’m a locksmith.’

[quote]nik133 wrote:
DickBag wrote:
nik133 wrote:
School

I have come to the conclusion that if you want to waste your life studying, so you can move onto university and do more studying and then get a job where you work another 12 hours, then all the power to you. However to me, I have absolutely no passion to do so and think that life should be lived to the fullest and if your opinion studying one and a half days a week is to the fullest, then that�??�??�?�¢??s up to you.

that sounds to me like the words of someone who is looking for a way to justify not educating themselves.

“live life to the fullest”

like what? travel the world? that gets old, living out of backpacks gets old. knowledge is a big part of life. if you like what you study, then your are definatly not wasting away your life. Dont catagorize everyone into the same catagory as the people who ONLY went to college to get a job. some people choose what they enjoy learning, thats it.

Deliver your opinions with more respect.

Well to me school requires you to become a drone and submit.
[/quote]

How old are ya, snowflake?

People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can’t find them, make them."

• George B

“We have to understand that the world can only be grasped by action, not by contemplation. The hand is more important than the eye… The hand is the cutting edge of the mind.”

• Jacob Bronowski

“Without self-confidence we are as babes in the cradles. And how can we generate this imponderable quality, which is yet so invaluable most quickly? By thinking that other people are inferior to oneself.”

• Virginia Woolf

“Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It’s not a day when you lounge around doing nothing, it’s when you’ve had everything to do and you’ve done it!” --Margaret Thatcher

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

“The best motivation is self-motivation. The guy says, I wish someone would come by and turn me on. What if they don’t show up? You’ve got to have a better plan for your life than that.” --Jim Rohn

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars. ~Les Brown

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. ~Henry Ford

Success isn’t a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire. ~Arnold H. Glasow

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man’s foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher. ~Thomas Henry Huxley, Life and Letters of Thomas Huxley

If you want to make your dreams come true, the first thing you have to do is wake up. ~J.M. Power

Great ideas need landing gear as well as wings. ~C.D. Jackson

Life’s problems wouldn’t be called “hurdles” if there wasn’t a way to get over them. ~Author Unknown

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown

God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow in them. ~Author Unknown

Seventy percent of success in life is showing up. ~Woody Allen

The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle. ~Author Unknown

The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers. But above all, the world needs dreamers who do. ~Sarah Ban Breathnach, Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy, 1996

When solving problems, dig at the roots instead of just hacking at the leaves. ~Anthony J. D’Angelo, The College Blue Book

You must have long-range goals to keep you from being frustrated by short-range failures. ~Charles C. Noble

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine. ~Anthony J. D’Angelo, The College Blue Book

Don’t live down to expectations. Go out there and do something remarkable. ~Wendy Wasserstein

Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out. ~Art Linkletter

Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude. ~Ralph Marston

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. ~e.e. cummings, 1955

Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. ~Judy Garland

Wherever you go, go with all your heart. ~Confucius

You’ve got a lot of choices. If getting out of bed in the morning is a chore and you’re not smiling on a regular basis, try another choice. ~Steven D. Woodhull

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Put your future in good hands - your own. ~Author Unknown

It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves. ~Edmund Hillary

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

The promises of this world are, for the most part, vain phantoms; and to confide in one’s self, and become something of worth and value is the best and safest course. ~Michelangelo

The man who has done his best has done everything. ~Charles M. Schwab

There are many wonderful things that will never be done if you do not do them. ~Charles D. Gill

What a fool, quoth he, am I, thus to lie in a stinking dungeon, when I may as well walk at liberty! I have a key in my bosom, called Promise, that will, I am persuaded, open any lock in Doubting Castle. ~John Bunyan

The important thing is not to stop questioning. ~Albert Einstein

The best helping hand that you will ever receive is the one at the end of your own arm. ~Fred Dehner

Nature decrees that we do not exceed the speed of light. All other impossibilities are optional. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
You’re on your own.
And you know what you know.
You are the guy who’ll decide where to go.
~Dr. Seuss