T Nation

Phill Heath - Injured During Guest Posing

Heath injured his knee during a guest posing event. Skip to 1:38 in the video, Heath tries to hit a pose and his knee gives out. Hopefully this will have no effect on his olympia traning/plans to compete.

Ouch that looked painful. Looks like he should be fine for upcoming events though.

Damn, that didn't look good.

Sounds like a cool guy. He looks really good at 10 weeks out.

I hope people don't interpret this as all BB's are very un-athletic. Kai manages some unique poses without injury. He may have had previous knee problems and this was just a bad angle for the ligament.

he's looking good at 10 weeks out.

Just a freak thing, I mean I can be walking up a side walk and have my knee buckle a little bit.

Good to see he is gonna be ok, whenever ya see somebody go down like that it gives ya a bit of scare. But could you possible feel more exposed then lying in front of a large group of people injured wearing a speedo ?

I guarantee this won't stop some people from saying, "Hey look at that nonfunctional blob of muscle. He can't even move!" Btw, Phil looked freaking unbelievable.

His speedo could've fallen off...

Look at the puddle of oil where he was laying down.

Seconds before he went down it looked like his knee popped. He was still trying to push through it when he hit that pose. People are going to think in whatever way makes them feel better about themselves.

I remember hearing stories of Mike Quinn actually broke his ankle during a contest (or guest posing,or something) and just kept going, making allsorts of grimaces and grunting noises -lol.

S

That's 10 weeks out? Damn! I can't wait to see him completely ready to go! The result should be fantastic.

That "unathletic blob" can dunk a basketball.

yeah, but Mike Quinn was a nutcase. The true "bad boy" of bodybuilding. I remember seeing a WBF video when he was in really bad shape. I think that the WBF was a joke but the way they personified his character was class. He was running around on stage and in the audience like a loony.

If he did something bad to his knee, would he not be able to walk around like he did in the video?

Well then its now the Kai, DJ, Wolf, Victor, and Cutler show.

THAT DID NOT LOOK GOOD! Bummer, he would brag about being a straight up ballah (playing basketball and being overly athletic) in the off-season and poking fun at Jay because he took it easy when he was 310lbs. Well that's what happens IMO.

yeah, but Mike Quinn was a nutcase. The true "bad boy" of bodybuilding. I remember seeing a WBF video when he was in really bad shape. I think that the WBF was a joke but the way they personified his character was class. He was running around on stage and in the audience like a loony.

How come on stage the guys never look quite as vascular as they do in pictures/in person? Is it just a distance thing?