Philando Castile Shooting

Apparently that is exactly what the officer is claiming.

As I said yesterday I heard on a news story that the fiancée has already changed her story.

You and I have no idea at this point when she actually started filming. Maybe she started filming from the moment that they were pulled over? Maybe he had a plan to kill the officer and it backfired? Then again as you say maybe she just started filming at the moment her video began and she is a pillar of truth and justice?

Who knows at this point?

I am speculating just as you are. You are willing to take this story at face value I am not. Face value means that a Police Officer basically executed a person he pulled over on a V&T stop. Just a tad difficult to believe for me. But, as I said Let’s see what the detailed investigation shows. One of us is wrong. Care to bet which one?

This is interesting but I don’t know whether to believe any of it just yet:

http://dcgazette.com/2016/exposed-philando-castiles-girlfriend-caught-huge-lie/

Pftt, that’s a dumb idea. If we always did that we would have to come to terms with: Duke lacrosse team didn’t rape anyone, Brian Williams was never shot at in a helicopter, Trayvon attacked Zimmerman, Michael Brown attacked an officer, University of Virginia fraternity also didn’t gang rape, Mattress girl wasn’t raped (I think?), it wasn’t a spontaneous protest sparked by a youtube video, and even if you like your doctor you can not keep your doctor.

2 Likes

[quote=“zeb1, post:124, topic:219338, full:true”]
But, as I said Let’s see what the detailed investigation shows. One of us is wrong. Care to bet which one?[/quote]

Sure. I’ll bite.

I’m willing to bet a hundred actual dollars.

Are you?

If so, shoot me an e-mail at magickware99@gmail.com

We can discuss further details there.

[quote=“zeb1, post:124, topic:219338, full:true”]
I am speculating just as you are. You are willing to take this story at face value I am not. Face value means that a Police Officer basically executed a person he pulled over on a V&T stop. Just a tad difficult to believe for me. But, as I said Let’s see what the detailed investigation shows.[/quote]

Why?

Why would taking the video at face value mean that the officer executed Castile?

This is my biggest problem with your line of thought. You seem to think that we have to either trust the cop or the woman.

Why?

LOL…loved the list. Isn’t it amazing the number of things that just were not as they seemed to be at the beginning?

First we must define the bet then we can figure out what exactly we should bet.

For example I bet Sloth that Hillary Clinton would not become the President of the United States. That is very easy to track.

What then is your take on the situation?

Well, as you’re the one who brought up betting I thought you’d have something.

I’m not sure what to bet on. There doesn’t seem much that we can bet on that has a concrete answer to like the bet you have with Sloth.

[quote=“zeb1, post:129, topic:219338, full:true”]
What then is your take on the situation?[/quote]

I’d prefer if you gave your reasoning first.

As I think I have said, these cases have a way of doing a 180 when all the facts are in. And as I’ve also said we don’t know what went on. What if castile was swearing at the Officer while reaching for a gun saying he was going to kill him? I don’t know that this didn’t happen. But I do know I am not going to take a short video clip from someone who was certainly not neutral as proof positive that the Cop was wrong.

As I’ve mentioned the girlfriend is already recanting her story that Castile mentioned that he had a gun. So, her credibility might not be all that good by the time she talks to the investigators

In a report listing ‘the facts we know right now’.
So as was reported, the officer came to the window asking for license and registration.
Castile, either in the process of complying with this command, or about to comply with the command, told the officer he had a legal firearm.
The officer then ordered he put his hands up.
Whether or not Castile was trying to put his hands up or go for his gun we do not know because the officer then fired four shots and killed him.

Reports have indicated Castile’s gun never moved, so the logical conclusion was he was trying to comply with 2 conflicting commands and was shot.

This is not unprecedented. I put up an article of an identical situation, except the perp was a Marine and was white. So it didn’t make it past the local Las Vegas news. Legal firearm carrier. Approached by police. Was given 2 conflicting commands and in the process of trying to comply with one of them, the officer murdered the guy. This happened in 2010 so we have all the facts. The officer murdered the guy in cold blood because he was a hot-head.

This case is marked with many similarities to that one.

And second of all, I have never seen a single case where a legal firearm own, who declares his firearm to the police, has ever drawn or fired on those policeman, ever.
If you can find one case, post it.

I looked and looked. The only place I was able to find your claim was this website:

Not exactly a credible source. Not a news piece. It’s a blog.

Fair enough but I don’t find the girlfriend all the credible. She picked up her phone and started filming right after her boyfriend was shot? Then immediately puts it on social media? Okay…I guess everyone reacts differently in those types of situations. But, I have never seen, or heard of anyone acting quite like that. And I think that is quite suspicious. Also, how many cops shoot people at a V&T stop? Out of thousands of stops no one gets shot, unless it is a felony stop of course.

I am thinking something may have been said…or something happened that was simply out of the ordinary.
But I was not there and I will accept the determination of the investigation.

If the Cop actually shot this guy for absolutely no reason I will be surprised but in favor of the cop being punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Let’s wait and see…

I won’t be surprised. Clearly our experiences with law enforcement are quite different. I have been illegally stopped, illegally detained, and had a gun drawn on me for the heinous crime of exceeding the speed limit. And I am sure your thinking that I had to have done something. I can regale you with the accounts, but then you only have my side of the story which you can choose to believe or not. I was there, I know what happened exactly.
I have been pulled over because I deserve it too, I am not saying I only was screwed over by the police and never did anything wrong. But I have had incidents where I have been harassed literally because I was there, by a police department with nothing better to do.

The only difference between me and Philando is my skin color would not have made it news worthy. That easily, too easily, could have been me. I always have a gun.

I certainly believe you and I also believe those incidents may have colored your judgment. But, I can’t blame you for that either.

Oh I certainly do not deny that.
But I also dispute the stats regarding police harassment and race. Those stats only cover those incidents that were reported. I can count 6 incidents in my life that easily qualify as a honest complaint.
The problem is, I didn’t know I could complain. Complain to who? The small town yahoos who did most of it? I doubt they would even write the complaint down. I am guessing a lot of people feel like that or are as ignorant about it as I was. I chalked it up to the blue wall. They protect their own, they aren’t going to listen to me.

My question is this, does the stats on police harassment actually reflect the amount of harassment there is by demographic?
If I ran the stats another way and found that most of the people harassed by police are Christians, does that then make them Xenophobes?

Studies need to be done and we need to act on facts not charged up emotion. But when you have a president who plays into the narrative that cops are racist, it turns them into racists automatically. And that is not an honest conversation on policing and race.

We need to study it and we need A LOT of data, because the data in this case is very important in determining how to address it.

1 Like

And that is the single biggest reason that race relations have hit an all time low.

O B A M A

Actually, I wanted to know your reasoning for-

“Face value means that a Police Officer basically executed a person he pulled over on a V&T stop.”

I think you’re making a big leap here. Even if we suppose that the fiancee was telling the truth (that Castile stated that he had a gun and a CCW license, and that the officer asked for Castile’s license prior to the shooting), there’s still a number of other factors to consider-

-The officer stated that he believed Castile was possibly the armed robbery suspect from the night before, and so was already on “alarm” mode when he approached.
-Castile may have made a sudden move that frightened the officer.
-Etc etc.

In other words, everything could have gone as the fiancee stated, but that doesn’t mean the officer murdered Castile with malicious intent. He could simply have been legitimately scared for his life because he misinterpreted Castile’s action and so panicked.

Heck, it’s fairly evident from his voice in the video that he IS panicked. Very much so.

And that’s pretty much my take on the situation-

I think both are telling the truth.