Phil Heath

I want to know how the fuck you build arms like that. I know he isn’t curling more than 85-90lbs most days with dumbbells so is it the volume?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I want to know how the fuck you build arms like that. I know he isn’t curling more than 85-90lbs most days with dumbbells so is it the volume?

[/quote]
Rings, obvi.

:smiley:

Zerchers and kettlebells.

helium injections

[quote]Anus Bleach wrote:
helium injections[/quote]

Although you’re making a joke, there is some degree of truth to that visual.

I mean when you consider that no matter how dry Phil may get, his full muscle bellies make him appear inflated with air. There isn’t a tendon visible on the man!

Fuck, I never really comment on the bodybuilding stuff but that dude is massive!! and for those guys talking about Steriods, I don’t give a fuck how much roids you do, that dude has put the fucking hard yards in, no doubt

I want to know how the fuck you build arms like that.
[/quote]

right parents (plus hard work).

I guess what I mean is, the amount of size he has gained on those arms is truly insane just since he went pro. I really want to know what his routine usually is to pull that off. I want to know if he does way more volume now…or if he really is just some genetic freak who stumbled upon 15 extra inches on the biceps.

well,I saw the pic of him playing basketball at college and his arms were already very good shaped (not obviously of today size),maybe FST7 lol ???

I guess what I mean is, the amount of size he has gained on those arms is truly insane just since he went pro. I really want to know what his routine usually is to pull that off. I want to know if he does way more volume now…or if he really is just some genetic freak who stumbled upon 15 extra inches on the biceps.[/quote]

Well, his routine from a couple of years ago looked like this.

Rope pushdowns 3x12

Decline dumbbell extensions 3x12

Dips 3x12

EZ-bar curls 3x10-12

Alternate dumbbell curls 3x10-12

Spider curls 3x10-12

Concentration curls 3x10-12

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

I guess what I mean is, the amount of size he has gained on those arms is truly insane just since he went pro. I really want to know what his routine usually is to pull that off. I want to know if he does way more volume now…or if he really is just some genetic freak who stumbled upon 15 extra inches on the biceps.[/quote]

Rope pushdowns 3x12

Dips 3x12

EZ-bar curls 3x10-12

Spider curls 3x10-12

Concentration curls 3x10-12 [/quote]

If that’s it, I’m shocked.

Lee priest would train arms for an hour straight.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Rope pushdowns 3x12

Dips 3x12

EZ-bar curls 3x10-12

Spider curls 3x10-12

Lee priest would train arms for an hour straight.[/quote]

I was shocked as well. But Phil was high volume in the early days. He got a handle on recovery concepts later and reduced volume, but was a stickler on form.

[quote]imhungry wrote:
While his legs aren’t as freaky as his arms, I think Phils’ legs are just fine.[/quote]

HOLY FUCK

That is all.

PS: I’ve been a big fan of Heath ever since I saw his back double bi at Arnold 2 years ago. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. I’m very glad he won Olympia - if Cutler won last year, it would have been a fucking travesty.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Rope pushdowns 3x12

Dips 3x12

EZ-bar curls 3x10-12

Spider curls 3x10-12

Lee priest would train arms for an hour straight.[/quote]

I was shocked as well. But Phil was high volume in the early days. He got a handle on recovery concepts later and reduced volume, but was a stickler on form.
[/quote]

if intensity is high enough and there is enough volume why Heath training would not be effective ?

[quote]buzza wrote:

if intensity is high enough and there is enough volume why Heath training would not be effective ?[/quote]

Dude…how many guys short of kai Greene have you seen blow up like that AFTER going pro?

Ronnie was the last person to do that before kai and Phil.

I think Ced Mcmillan is going to shock people next with that.

Ime biceps especially don’t require heavy weight to grow, 12-15 reps where you feel the movement and contraction are x10 better than throwing around heavy weight for 5-6 reps. I don’t have Phil Heath arms but they are a decent body part.

He’s a freak, that’s managed to bring up his back tremendously. He beat Kai at the ac2010.

If he can add slightly more chest

[quote]buzza wrote:

if intensity is high enough and there is enough volume why Heath training would not be effective ?[/quote]

Dude…how many guys short of kai Greene have you seen blow up like that AFTER going pro?
[/quote]

very few (=best DNA )
(Occam’s razor)

I mean, there are Pros that started to train far early than Heath ,really bust their asses in the gym (Warren,for example) and no way they made/reached that level of ROUND FULNESS…
so for me (simple minded) there are some options:

1/after turned pro Heath used a top secret training plus top secret supplementation (Constrictor G1 lol)

2/after turned pro Heath continued his way,continuing to improve.

… I think Ced Mcmillan is going to shock people next with that.[/quote]

I hope so. With his magnificent lines, he’ll be a terror with added size.

Phils legs are great dont get me wrong. However im comparing them to the likes of Kai or Ben Pakulski. His legs dont blow you away as much as his upper body does. He’s got years and years to keep bringing up and thats fucking exciting.

[quote]buzza wrote:

Ronnie was the last person to do that before kai and Phil.

I think Ced Mcmillan is going to shock people next with that.[/quote]

Ced is awesome but I feel that working a full time job isn’t the best thing for him and his bodybuilding, and to get that level of Kai and Phil. Working a full time definitely isn’t a good thing if you want to be the absolute best pro you can be.

*im not saying Ced should quit his job.