Phil Collins Sucks!

That’s right. Phil Collins SUCKS!

Genesis was a great progressive band… until Peter Gabriel left and fucking Phil took the helm. He turned them into a pop act. Oh, they sold a LOT of records, you say? Well, so did Kenny G, Michael Bolton, and Yanni.

Then on his own ego-driven mission, he went solo. His voice, his phrasing, lyrics, fashion sense, all BORING!

On top of it all, this ass-hat believes that we all need to see his ugly mug on most of his album covers… as if somehow it’ll distract from the fact that his songs are not just poorly written drivel, but also that they’re horribly produced with a huge dose of cheese.

In addition, whenever Phil sits down to write out lyrics, he often hits a wall and has to resort to adding “all my life” into a line. He’s done this in at least 5 songs (you don’t believe it? Look up lyrics for these songs: “All Of My Life”, “Sussudio”, “Take Me Home”, “In The Air Tonight”, “Do You Remember”).

And don’t get me started on his drumming abilities. A brilliant drummer? Yeah… compared to a 6th grader. Yet I’ve seen some 6th grade drummers who could beat Phil under the table!

He’s a shining example of the degradation of rock (does Phil even know what a guitar is?). And sadly, millions have been suckered into thinking he’s awesome (the ONLY thing he’s done which could possibly pass as worthy is the song “Easy Lover”… and only because the great Phil BAILEY co-wrote and sang on it)!

And the worst of it all: I have to share a last name with that chubby little no-talent dick.

“She’s the kind of girl you dream of!!”

I can’t dance, I can’t talk.
Only thing about me is the way I walk.
I can’t dance, I can’t sing
I’m just standing here selling everything.

why?

You can play “In the air tonight” on titties, it’s true, I’ve seen it. That’s the mark of a great drummer in my book.

I will agree, once PG left they stunk.

“Two hearts living in just one mind”

You know the song.

Haters gonna hate, lol.

I don’t mind his music. There is much worse music you can hate on, I focus on the newer stuff they play nowadays.

pure awesomsauce this post is

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
That’s right. Phil Collins SUCKS!

Genesis was a great progressive band… until Peter Gabriel left and fucking Phil took the helm. He turned them into a pop act. Oh, they sold a LOT of records, you say? Well, so did Kenny G, Michael Bolton, and Yanni.

Then on his own ego-driven mission, he went solo. His voice, his phrasing, lyrics, fashion sense, all BORING!

On top of it all, this ass-hat believes that we all need to see his ugly mug on most of his album covers… as if somehow it’ll distract from the fact that his songs are not just poorly written drivel, but also that they’re horribly produced with a huge dose of cheese.

In addition, whenever Phil sits down to write out lyrics, he often hits a wall and has to resort to adding “all my life” into a line. He’s done this in at least 5 songs (you don’t believe it? Look up lyrics for these songs: “All Of My Life”, “Sussudio”, “Take Me Home”, “In The Air Tonight”, “Do You Remember”).

And don’t get me started on his drumming abilities. A brilliant drummer? Yeah… compared to a 6th grader. Yet I’ve seen some 6th grade drummers who could beat Phil under the table!

He’s a shining example of the degradation of rock (does Phil even know what a guitar is?). And sadly, millions have been suckered into thinking he’s awesome (the ONLY thing he’s done which could possibly pass as worthy is the song “Easy Lover”… and only because the great Phil BAILEY co-wrote and sang on it)!

And the worst of it all: I have to share a last name with that chubby little no-talent dick.

[/quote]

You sound like a jaded lover.

ID- I actually started to create a thread called “Su Su Sudio” as a shrine to Phil Collins because of what you posted in the “I Can Feel It In the Air Tonight” thread (that you were happy to see it wasn’t a Phil Collins thread).

Phone rang, then something shiny caught my attention and ended up not posting.

LOL.

And furthermore, Phil’s “Sussudio” is a rip-off of Prince’s “1999”.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
ID- I actually started to create a thread called “Su Su Sudio” as a shrine to Phil Collins because of what you posted in the “I Can Feel It In the Air Tonight” thread (that you were happy to see it wasn’t a Phil Collins thread).

Phone rang, then something shiny caught my attention and ended up not posting.

LOL.[/quote]

Something shiny? LOL!! I didn’t know you were a redneck.

LOL

I’m just messing with you, Iron Collins. Here’s something to make you feel better.

man, ID your post over in Ct’s thread in SAMA must’ve really ignited your hatred for Phill “Suck my balls” Collins for you to write out your rant…

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
And furthermore, Phil’s “Sussudio” is a rip-off of Prince’s “1999”.[/quote]

Now that you put it that way, I can see the similarities.

[quote]polo77j wrote:
man, ID your post over in Ct’s thread in SAMA must’ve really ignited your hatred for Phill “Suck my balls” Collins for you to write out your rant…[/quote]

Right you are, Polo!
I was relieved not only that Ct. wasn’t referring to a Phil Collins song, but also that he’s not that dorky white guy in the pic he posted.

lol

Pat Bateman agrees:

"Do you like Phil Collins? I’ve been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn’t understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where, uh, Phil Collins’ presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group’s undisputed masterpiece. It’s an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.

Christy, take off your robe.

Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument.

Sabrina, remove your dress.

In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism.

Sabrina, why don’t you, uh, dance a little.

Take the lyrics to “Land of Confusion”. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. “In Too Deep” is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I’ve heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins’ solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like “In the Air Tonight” and, uh, “Against All Odds”.

Sabrina, don’t just stare at it, eat it.

But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is “Sussudio”, a great, great song, a personal favorite."