Phil Collins Rules

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]WormwoodTheory wrote:
and dare i mention his superb fashion sense??[/quote]

Look at that!!

The hat? MAGNIFIQUE!! Viva Le Collins!![/quote]

He looks so “street” in this pic.

That Phil, always up to date on what the “kids” are doing.

I am Phil’s love child by the way

Oh, wrong Phil Collins.

Fuzzyapple knows what’s up.

[quote]Simon Adebisi wrote:
Fuzzyapple knows what’s up.[/quote]

That’s how we roll in British Columbia.

WHATCHA LOOKIN AT MY GUT FIR!

Iron Dwarf, you must make make a Phil Collins cartoon drawing in honor of his greatness. Do it!

Do you like Phil Collins? I’ve been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn’t understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins’ presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group’s undisputed masterpiece. It’s an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I’ve heard in rock. Phil Collins’ solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

If it is good enough for Patrick Bateman, then it will work for me…

Isnt this exactly how this thread played out last time…

[quote]SIM37 wrote:
Do you like Phil Collins? I’ve been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn’t understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins’ presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group’s undisputed masterpiece. It’s an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I’ve heard in rock. Phil Collins’ solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

If it is good enough for Patrick Bateman, then it will work for me…[/quote]

You’re really a fan of this dude?

Then tell me… how many songs does Phil over use the phrase “all my life”.

lol

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]SIM37 wrote:

If it is good enough for Patrick Bateman, then it will work for me…[/quote]

You’re really a fan of this dude?

Then tell me… how many songs does Phil over use the phrase “all my life”.

lol
[/quote]

haha, ID, I think you may not have seen this movie. - YouTube

Bumped for nostalgic lulz.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
-[/quote]

!!!

LMFAO!!

Man, you are fast, SS!

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

-[/quote]

!!!

LMFAO!!

Man, you are fast, SS![/quote]

That’s what my wife says. Wait, what?

lol

Actually, I liked Genesis back in the days when Phil was still there.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
lol

Actually, I liked Genesis back in the days when Phil was still there.[/quote]

That’s not the way it works ID. If you hate the man, then go full hater 100% of the time. It’s all or nothing.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
lol

That’s not the way it works ID. If you hate the man, then go full hater 100% of the time. It’s all or nothing.[/quote]

THAT VID! LOL

Yeah, but my hatred only started after Phil began a sucky sell-out solo career.

It’s possible. If a person can grow to love another, can’t it work in the opposite?

lol

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
lol

That’s not the way it works ID. If you hate the man, then go full hater 100% of the time. It’s all or nothing.[/quote]

THAT VID! LOL

Yeah, but my hatred only started after Phil began a sucky sell-out solo career.

It’s possible. If a person can grow to love another, can’t it work in the opposite?

lol[/quote]

Yes, but the hate is then retroactive. So once you hate them, it’s an infinite loop that reaches forever in the past and the future. I’ve read about this stuff.

[quote]imhungry wrote:
Phil Collins > RJD [/quote]

Wikapedia states that RJD was PC’s alter ego, and you can tell just by the lyrics of his songs.

different drum line, but basically the same songs.

over and over again.

neither one could match Ozzy fwiw~

[quote]Edgy wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:
Phil Collins > RJD [/quote]

Wikapedia states that RJD was PC’s alter ego, and you can tell just by the lyrics of his songs.

different drum line, but basically the same songs.

over and over again.

neither one could match Ozzy fwiw~[/quote]

Iron Dwarf’s worst nightmare.