Phil Collins Isn't THAT Bad...

You may not like the man or his music but at least admit he has some musical talent…

Haters gonna hate.

You KNOW my feelings in the matter, G!

lol

Favorite quote against Phil Collins:

[i]“People fucking hate cunts like Phil Collins, and if they don’t they fucking should”

“Phil Collins knows he can’t say anything about me because I’m the fucking bollocks and that’s the thing that does his head in, and the fact that he’s bald.” [/i]

-Noel Gallagher of Oasis

Yeah ID I think your sentiments regarding Phil Collins are well documented but unwarranted in my opinion.

LOL at Gallagher though. Didn’t he just recently start some crappy band with an equally crappy name?

Fuck Oasis was a lame band. It’s funny because I can relate to that distaste for Phil Collins but applied to Oasis. That song “Wonderwall” still gets under my skin.

ID, I.hate to tell you this but Phil Collins loves the Alamo, as in has a huge collection of artifacts and has spoken at the sons and daughter of the Alamo yearly meeting.

Texas remembers the Alamo.

He did not sing or play the drums during his speaking engagement and was reportedly very much respectful to those there, humble in his knowledge of the battle (which is rather extensive) and very much a nice guy. This was in a Texas Monthly a few months back.

Sorry.

Phil >>> Oasis. I have a best-of album of his. And I listen almost exclusively to death metal.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
Yeah ID I think your sentiments regarding Phil Collins are well documented but unwarranted in my opinion.

LOL at Gallagher though. Didn’t he just recently start some crappy band with an equally crappy name?

Fuck Oasis was a lame band. It’s funny because I can relate to that distaste for Phil Collins but applied to Oasis. That song “Wonderwall” still gets under my skin.[/quote]

WHAT?!?!?!? How could you not like Oasis? I love them. I used to like their music even before I could understand English, but then again I also like the B-52’s so there’s that. And I have to agree with ID. I just never could get into Phil Collins. He is a talented musician and all, but I just never could get into his music.

B-52’s are much better than Oasis.

Phil IS G-d.

Gallagher brothers = rockstars

[quote]Aggv wrote:
Gallagher brothers = rockstars[/quote]

I think you forgot ‘/sarcasm’ in your comment.

[quote]Dr.Matt581 wrote:

Fuck Oasis was a lame band. It’s funny because I can relate to that distaste for Phil Collins but applied to Oasis. That song “Wonderwall” still gets under my skin.[/quote]

WHAT?!?!?!? How could you not like Oasis? I love them. I used to like their music even before I could understand English, but then again I also like the B-52’s so there’s that. And I have to agree with ID. I just never could get into Phil Collins. He is a talented musician and all, but I just never could get into his music.[/quote]

C’mon professor you’re telling me you don’t feel anything when he hits those drums on In the Air Tonight?

I’m not surprised a radio physicist listens to Oasis though. Your peoples’ music tastes are questionable.

What’s next? Someone’s going to say Rick Astley has a sexier voice than Barry White?

C’mon professor you’re telling me you don’t feel anything when he hits those drums on In the Air Tonight?

I’m not surprised a radio physicist listens to Oasis though. Your peoples’ music tastes are questionable.
[/quote]

Nah, I just never could get into it. If I want to hear to some awesome drumming, I will listen to Hot For Teacher. That intro blows my mind every time I hear it. And you are right about my music tastes, I have been told that I have very odd music tastes. Oh, and I am a nuclear physicist :slight_smile:

I only like “Sususudio”

But I like it a lot.

Phil was a great drummer until the arthritis kicked in. Sussudio was complete garbage. THe mid 80’s were bore me with another song Phil. But with Genesis he was good

But…but…Sussudio is the only good song he’s ever done

Whatever. I like catchy shit.

The only worse solo artist was Glenn Frey. Good with the Eagles, horrific solo

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]doogie wrote:
B-52’s are much better than Oasis.[/quote]

Bin Laden liked the B-52’s too. The singing kind, not the bombing kind.

http://www.newser.com/story/78395/evil-needs-playlists-too.html[/quote]

LOL!

Yeah, and Hitler loved Beethoven and Charles Manson loved the Beatles.