T Nation

Phil Collins Backs Sabbath!

Say it ain’t so!
Apparently Phil was trying to enhance his utterly lacking cool factor.
Then again, there’s an aging buffoon at the mic, so why not have one behind the kit?

lol

WTF? LMFAO!!

Steely, that’s some weird-ass shit right there!

lol

I made it through to the thirty second mark and wanted to rip out my eyes. I’ve never been a fan of those kind of shows where different artists get together on stage and jam. I don’t even think half the insruments are even plugged in lol. Eight guitarists on stage at the same time looks stupid to me.

Phil Collins is still a good drummer, I respect him as a musician even if he’s made a lot of cheesy music.

I like this cover, although Dave Mustaine ruins the solo, Petrucci would’ve nailed it. And Burton C. Bell isn’t great either.

I have not kept up at all with all this Phil Collins shit here on T-Nation, but I’m just going to jump in now and say I never really liked him as he’s like Cher and Celine Dion to me…it’s almost like they made their music specifically to be played on stations that call themselves “Lite Rock”

[quote]bond james bond wrote:
I made it through to the thirty second mark and wanted to rip out my eyes. I’ve never been a fan of those kind of shows where different artists get together on stage and jam. I don’t even think half the insruments are even plugged in lol. Eight guitarists on stage at the same time looks stupid to me. [/quote]

my favorite 'different artists" getting together video
this is this shit my friends
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdIbCM_a0GU

Phil Collins is awesome I don’t understand the hate. Oviously bands like Sabbath and artistslike Claptonrespect the guy but you don’t? He’s an awesome drummer you have to at least admit that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvnWuOjJDh4

I do have respect for Phil Collins but he’s like the crossfit of music. He’s good at everything, and excels at nothing.

[quote]admbaum wrote:
I do have respect for Phil Collins but he’s like the crossfit of music. He’s good at everything, and excels at nothing.[/quote]
Except crossfitters excel at crossfit.

[quote]drewh wrote:

[quote]admbaum wrote:
I do have respect for Phil Collins but he’s like the crossfit of music. He’s good at everything, and excels at nothing.[/quote]
Except crossfitters excel at crossfit.[/quote]

Apparently you need to start your own “Phil Collins Rules” thread.

lol

[quote]Rational Gaze wrote:
Phil Collins is still a good drummer, I respect him as a musician even if he’s made a lot of cheesy music.

I like this cover, although Dave Mustaine ruins the solo, Petrucci would’ve nailed it. And Burton C. Bell isn’t great either.[/quote]

What does this have to do with Phil Collins? Who gives a fuck, its awesome.

Mike Portnoy is disgusting as always and while Burton C. Bell doesn’t sound that great he still gets points for keeping it real as fuck in person.

[quote]Meni69 wrote:

[quote]bond james bond wrote:
I made it through to the thirty second mark and wanted to rip out my eyes. I’ve never been a fan of those kind of shows where different artists get together on stage and jam. I don’t even think half the insruments are even plugged in lol. Eight guitarists on stage at the same time looks stupid to me. [/quote]

my favorite 'different artists" getting together video
this is this shit my friends
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdIbCM_a0GU[/quote]

This is fucking insane. I love that Jesse Leach snuck in there, he’s the shit.

I’d empty my bank account to be able to have seen this live.