Phenyl Salicylate and Cosolvents

I read on another message board some recipes using phenyl salicylate as a cosolvent to make test prop homebrews with a concentration above 300mgs per ml. Has anybody done this?

How far can I push the envelope using cosolvents such as phenyl salicylate or benzyl benzoate? I guess if I can get the gear into solution to make a very small injection volume, the pain won’t be as big an issue because the total volume per day would only be a half or quarter of a ml.

I know that BA doesn’t make a good cosolvent at high concentrations, so it’s out of the question.

Anyway, just thinking out loud, feel free to weigh in gear vets.

The test prop i’ve been using lately has used benzyl benzonate as the primary solvent, with BA only to ensure sterility. It still hurts at 1ml - 100mg/day. Running it under some hot water before injecting, or cutting it down with something else to make a higher volume, lower concentration injection are the best ways i’ve found to ease the propionate ache.

The pain associated with injecting propionate comes from the fact that the ester is what causes the hurt. (someone said it was due to higher than normal acidity, which i would believe). While high BA concentrations also hurt, the propionate ache has to do with the drug itself, not how it is suspended. Some individuals are sensitive to it, some arent, and some brands are better than others.

As for your actual question, i’d just want to know why you’d want prop above 300mg/ml. Like i said above, its not the injection volume that is causing the propionate ache, its the propionate itself. I’ve never heard of this solvent you mentioned, but i dont really get into laboratory work :P.

JP

The reason I was curious about making a very high concentration preparation is mostly because of a Brock Strasser article, the gist of which is higher concentration gear is best.

Here’s the link for the text only version

http://www.t-nation.com/portal_includes/articles/2001/157ster.html

sorry, it’s what I had bookmarked…

Anyhow, I also feel like it will be more convenient having a very low volume injection, and possibly less scar tissue. I could very well be wrong, but it’s something i’d like to try.

…haha, Mr.T’s good ol’ “SuperSolvant”…

The pain would be JUST to high to have a concentration of 300mg/ml of Test Prop. The propionate ester has very low fatty chains (to make it fast acting compared to other esters). This makes it very acidic as well. On the street here, we call it “Sustanon Flu” or “Prop Fever”. Some guys do not react very well to propionate.

I have seen some Test out there with concentrations as high as 600mg/ml. It’s insane. You’ll end up cutting the product with some sterile oil in the end. So this defeats the whole purpose of making a high concentration per volume steroid in the first place. I wouldn’t make Prop higher than 100mg/ml, personally speaking. I hope this helps. Good luck.

What I think I’d like to try is to make something with 150mg prop and 75 mgs tren /ml, that would give about 500mgs test 250mgs tren a week with .5 cc injection every day. How bad is that going to be? Is it any easier/more convenient to inject a half a cc versus one cc?

At any rate, I’m probably going to try it and I’ll let you gys know if it really kicks my ass.

I think I’m going to do that for a short 4 weeker with 25 mgs nolva and a half mg arimidex every day and 50mgs clomid post cycle for 4 weeks.

How does that sound, keeping in mind I want supreme safety and I can’t really afford to baloon up my body weight very quickly.

You’re better off using test enanthate as your base drug as you can make it as strong as 300mg/ml using only 2% BA which will provide you with a base that is painless, then add in the tren.

[quote]conorh wrote:
What I think I’d like to try is to make something with 150mg prop and 75 mgs tren /ml, that would give about 500mgs test 250mgs tren a week with .5 cc injection every day. How bad is that going to be? Is it any easier/more convenient to inject a half a cc versus one cc?

At any rate, I’m probably going to try it and I’ll let you gys know if it really kicks my ass.

I think I’m going to do that for a short 4 weeker with 25 mgs nolva and a half mg arimidex every day and 50mgs clomid post cycle for 4 weeks.

How does that sound, keeping in mind I want supreme safety and I can’t really afford to baloon up my body weight very quickly.[/quote]

That would be a great plan P22, but I intend on homebrewing and it’s all I have access to.

Now, if that changes… then I would consider that. I plan on sticking to homebrewing with prop for the timebeing.

i looked into this last year, apparently, the other cosolvents are more harmful than BA or BB, also using 2% BA for sterility with 15% BB should lead to pain free 100mg/ml prop i have made 116mg/ml with arimidex in it and it was painless, i started the cycle with 2 1ml injects into each cheek. i really believe that the quality of the powder is the biggest factor in the pain. too many chinese powders are not pure and i think it is the impurities that really cause the pain and the flu-like symptoms (high BA can do this too). also localized pain after the injection is sometimes due to poor placement of the shot and not just too much BA, though the BA or impure products are more likely culprits.

a note of interest, most chinese boldenone is 80-85% if it is good quality. makes you wonder what the other 15-20% is

Are you just trying to reduce the volume per injection?

No flame intended, but you seem to be going to a lot of trouble to save yourself .5 - .75cc’s worth of volume.

Yes and no. Yes I would primarily like to reduce the injection volume, but not just for convenience sake. I believe a more concentrated injection will be more effective, as per the Strasseroids I cited earlier.

I’m not completely sold on doing this either, I just think as long as I’m homebrewing and can cook up whatever I want, within reasons and the bounds of science, I want to try it.