Phase 1 Of My Plan To Fix Society

Step 1 - Upon birth everyone has a reversible sterilization surgery performed.

Step 2 - Upon turning 20, if you are not on welfare, have not spent any time jail or juvenile hall, and can pass a test of minimum intelligence the surgery will be reversed and you may have children. If you cannot meet the conditions you will not be allowed to have children and will contribute to society by not adding to the chain of welfare recipients, criminals, and the generally stupid.

I’m a teacher and just had my first day with students. The kids were great, then I had to deal with the parents.

I’m just sayin.

Or mandatory RISUG from age 10 + parent licenses which you can apply for from age (insert age of consent + 5-10 years here).

[quote]JSMaxwell wrote:

Step 2 - Upon turning 20, if you are not on welfare, have not spent any time jail or juvenile hall, and can pass a test of minimum intelligence the surgery will be reversed and you may have children. If you cannot meet the conditions you will not be allowed to have children and will contribute to society by not adding to the chain of welfare recipients, criminals, and the generally stupid.

I’m a teacher and just had my first day with students. The kids were great, then I had to deal with the parents.

I’m just sayin.[/quote]

How do you measure intelligence? An SAT/ACT/IQ style test? What about different types of intelligence? What if you were wrongly jailed? Do you really want the government controlling who can breed?

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Or mandatory RISUG from age 10 + parent licenses which you can apply for from age (insert age of consent + 5-10 years here).[/quote]

Now this I do not mind, some people are really not meant to be parents.

[quote]JSMaxwell wrote:

I’m just sayin.[/quote]

I might have missed the point completely, but from the last sentence of “Step 2” I got that you were basically ending the genetic line for the people who didn’t meet your criteria, but then you said that as a teacher you thought the students were great but their parents were not. Wouldn’t this mean that people who are not themselves the brightest could hit the genetic jackpot and create kids that would meet criteria?

You just threw me off with the last sentence seeming contradictory, I could be completely off though so a clarification would help.

I’m with you on this. I’ve been saying that we need some kind of parent licensing system for a while now. I’m sure the criteria would have to be tweaked a bunch before everyone would be on board, but I still think it’s a good idea.

I don’t care what anyone says, Kevin Federline should have never been allowed to reproduce.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
I’m with you on this. I’ve been saying that we need some kind of parent licensing system for a while now. I’m sure the criteria would have to be tweaked a bunch before everyone would be on board, but I still think it’s a good idea.

I don’t care what anyone says, Kevin Federline should have never been allowed to reproduce.[/quote]

I have more of a problem with Britney Spears reproducing. How messed up will her kids end up?

Reminds me of ideas discussed in certain videos, but I couldn’t understand them…

…they were in German.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
AngryVader wrote:

I don’t care what anyone says, Kevin Federline should have never been allowed to reproduce.

I have more of a problem with Britney Spears reproducing. How messed up will her kids end up?[/quote]

Your kids will be even more messed up because you and society will teach them to idolize britney spears and her kids.
It’s not the people like kevin federline who are at fault.
You’ve never been completely wasted? You’ve never done something super retarded? So some celebrity does it…and suddenly they’re the scum of the earth?
How about you guys learn to not worship others and worry about more important shit.

[quote]JSMaxwell wrote:

I’m just sayin.[/quote]

I see your point and its an interesting proposal but.

What about disease? Would people with disease, genetic or contracted, be able to repoduce?

[quote]Makavali wrote:
AngryVader wrote:

I have more of a problem with Britney Spears reproducing. How messed up will her kids end up?[/quote]

Seems like everyone is expecting them to turn out that way. Those poor kids never had a chance. At least, that’s what we’ll all say if it happens.

Eugenics was around for a LONG time before the Nazis forever stigmatized the practice in the eyes of the world. Actually America promoted and implemented it long before Hitler. Do a search for American (and Canadian) forced sterilization legislation from the 20’s and 30’s.

It had lots of supporters…perhaps most notably Charles Darwin and his cousin Francis Galton.

I certainly don’t condone eugenics to the extent that the Nazis did, but I think the practice should be reasonably investigated.

Mankind, as we know it, is fucked. We are spreading like the most vigorous bacteria ever known. The population is shooting up and wantonly consuming the dwindling resources the Earth has left. Even if the global warming issue turns out to be completely groundless, we are on a collision course to starvation and resource wars.

An awful lot of people are going to die in the forseeable future, most of them, in a horribly cruel fashion. In my opinion, its not a matter of “if”, but “when”, although I welcome any friendly debate on the matter.

Anyway, we have the power to, at the very least, curb this population growth and buy us some time. Humans have become quite adept at breeding animals and livestock to certain specifications, yet we become very sensitive at the possibility of extending this practice to ourselves.

The reason I say this is because the first thing that popped into my head was “With the risk of bearing a child eliminated, STD contraction would increase considerably.”

Children are just an expensive STD.

[quote]blazindave wrote:
Makavali wrote:
AngryVader wrote:

I have more of a problem with Britney Spears reproducing. How messed up will her kids end up?

Your kids will be even more messed up because you and society will teach them to idolize britney spears and her kids.
You’ve never been completely wasted? You’ve never done something super retarded? So some celebrity does it…and suddenly they’re the scum of the earth?
How about you guys learn to not worship others and worry about more important shit.[/quote]

Dude, you need to relax. You seem to take these discussions very personally. Our comments are meant to be light-hearted, but you go and take it all serious.

Where have either of us written that we worship those people or that we’ll teach our children to idolize them?

Yes, I’ve been completely wasted before, but what does that have to do with this discussion? I’ve never done anything super retarded under the influence or sober. I tend to think about the consequences of my actions before hand and not do irresponsible things. That’s part of being a responsible member of society.

When I read your post, it sounds like you think that people shouldn’t be held accountable for their actions.

If I took this part of your post:

and applied it towards a discussion on drunk driving, would you still say this?

EDIT: I take part of my post back. Arguing on the internet is a super retarded thing that I’ve done on occasion.

Eugenics, yes, yes…we certainly don’t want any more Britneys running around.

(Yeah, her looks went down hard a few years back, but when she was in her prime…da-yum! - emphasis on the yum part)

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
Eugenics was around for a LONG time before the Nazis forever stigmatized the practice in the eyes of the world. Actually America promoted and implemented it long before Hitler. Do a search for American (and Canadian) forced sterilization legislation from the 20’s and 30’s.
[/quote]

Ya, wasnt it done on the mentally retarded until the 1960s??

wrong thread :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]blazindave wrote:
How about you guys learn to not worship others and worry about more important shit.[/quote]

I’ll be damned if I ever teach anyone to idolize people like her. I’ve been completely wasted, but I’m not a parent. The frequency that she does it is what’s astounding.

[quote]blazindave wrote:
Like politicians who have sex with whores. Is it really that big of a deal?[/quote]

If they’re single of have their wives consent, then no. Nothing wrong with that. No harm done.

[quote]blazindave wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
blazindave wrote:
Makavali wrote:
AngryVader wrote:

How about you guys learn to not worship others and worry about more important shit.

Dude, you need to relax. You seem to take these discussions very personally. Our comments are meant to be light-hearted, but you go and take it all serious.

Where have either of us written that we worship those people or that we’ll teach our children to idolize them?

Yes, I’ve been completely wasted before, but what does that have to do with this discussion? I’ve never done anything super retarded under the influence or sober. I tend to think about the consequences of my actions before hand and not do irresponsible things. That’s part of being a responsible member of society.

When I read your post, it sounds like you think that people shouldn’t be held accountable for their actions.

If I took this part of your post:

and applied it towards a discussion on drunk driving, would you still say this?

EDIT: I take part of my post back. Arguing on the internet is a super retarded thing that I’ve done on occasion.

Huh? No, i just like arguing the other side of the coin. You should notice that I’m always opposing something. Makes for more interesting discussion.

As for the application to drunk driving. I’m not saying it’s alright but i hate hypocrits. It seems the norm is getting FUCKING WASTED YEAAAAA VOMIT and when someone famous does it, it’s a big deal.
Like politicians who have sex with whores. Is it really that big of a deal?
[/quote]

Ah, I didn’t realize that’s where you were coming from. It will be good to know that for future discussions. :slight_smile: