Ph.D.'s

[quote]elliot007 wrote:
“Since I’m a department head, teach Calculus and Physics at a private school, I probably will stay put. But, it’d be fun to pursue in retirement”

if you can teach calc and physics, a program in math ed would be trivial for you. i think you should enroll part time if you really want to do it. why put it off[/quote]

My wife is a faculty member at a nearby university and pointed out how down they all are on white males. Also, she’s tenured and if we moved, no tenure (at least for a while). If you don’t know, tenure is nirvana for teachers (can’t be fired).

When I finished, I’d be a 55 or so year old white male looking for a job. My guess? I’d being doing exactly what I’m doing now, which I do enjoy immensely. My school would give me a whopping $500 raise though.

I know, it sounds like I’m rationalizing why I don’t do it. Trouble is, all the reasons not to make sense – then I go and read Nietzsche! :slight_smile:

“Captain Kirk, I shall consider it.”
— Spock

that white male thing must be field specific

for me, in economics, that fact that i can speak english well helps. however most of the minority candidates i will be on the market against are foreign