PGTIPS Mashup Log

Not been to the gym in a while. Almost died from a serious case of man flu. I’m much better now and getting back to the gym tomorrow.

Bodyweight thingy today:

Squats
Push ups
Glute bridge
Lunges
Push ups
Single leg deadlifts
Bird Dogs
Crunches
Dead bugs
Cossack squats
Burpees
Jumping lunges
Jumping Jacks
Mountain climbers
Tuck jumps
Jumping and kicking my arse in mid air

1 set of 20 each with little or no rest between each. I was Blowing out of my arse after the burpees.

I’ve been doing grease the groove pullups aswell this last week.

Looking forward to a good deadlift session tomorrow.

Sprints.
1 x 400 meter jog (warm up)
1 x 400 - 68 seconds. couldn’t sprint the whole thing so ran for the last 50 or so meters. target - 60 seconds.

4 x 100 meters all out

first time I’ve done sprints for a while. Really enjoyed them, but I am dead now.

Going to make these a regular thing, just need to invest in a stop watch.

My routine is really keeping me away from the gym at the moment, but I’m still training, done some more sprints today and I am fucked. I finish a 30 min session of sprints and feel like I’ve done so much more work than if I went to the gym.
I’m missing deadlifts, and I’m contemplating spending that extra money to get the anytime gym membership rather than daytime hours.

So, I warmed up with a roughly 400m jog

Then done sprints some longer some shorter. Can’t find out how long it is exactly. Its just a straight road in an industrial estate near my house.

I guessed what I thought was 100m. Was probably a bit less.

I did 2 sprints of about 120m first didnt time.

Then 6 "100"m sprints.

best - 11.56
worst - 12.35

lets go with my worst time and add a bit as my distances might have been a bit shorter.

So I reckon I’d do a real 100m in about 13 seconds. Want to knock it down to 11.

Just had a play on google maps. I was only running about 90m.

Pretty tame session today.
Just finished this after spending the whole day startin/finishing an assignment.

Deck of cards workout inspired by Ross Enamait.

Pushups and glute bridges. As quick as possible.

Going to do it next time with Burpees and pushups.

Jacks, Queens, Kings and Aces all count for ten. Everything else is face value.

Black cards are push ups, Red cards are Glute bridges.

I worked it out and I done 170 reps of each exercise. suprisingly tiring.

Gym is off the cards at the moment. with my awkward membership, College Lectures 3 days a week and irregular shifts at work the other 4 days I’m stuck with doing what I can and I’m enjoying sprinting and bodyweight exercises. I’m also going to start using my shitty weight set I have in my garage but I don’t have much weight, so maybe some high rep stuff will have to be done.

Have my first UNI interview next month. Quite excited.

Found a crossfit style workout today that was a lot tougher than it seemed.

As many rounds in 20 minutes.

1 round =

1 pullup
3 push ups
4 atg squats

Got 38 rounds in. I’m pretty smoked now.

Got it off a website called Simplefit. like crossfit but a hell of a lot more simple - hence the name.

Ive decided this is going to fit into my schedule much better than the gym. I’m going to stick to this, its a three times a week workout. different each day. and it has a progression scheme like levels. I like it.

5 rounds as quick as possible - was easy.

3 pull ups
8 push ups
13 squats

6 minutes.

every week the programme progresses and gets harder.

its actually great and will suffice for while I can’t get to the gym - especially coupled with a couple of sprinting sessions a weeks. If any ones strapped for time heres the link.

Basic workout – Simplefit

I’m starting on a pretty low level as my pullups are much weaker than my push ups and squats so I want to build on them.

Simplefit again. completed level 2 easy. Im taking an approach like stronglifts - its almost as if I’m starting with just the bar.

13 pull ups
26 push ups
26 squats

in as little ammount of time as possible

3 minutes.

onto level 3 next session.

Max rounds in 20 minutes.

2 pull-ups
3 push-ups
5 squats

33 rounds.
- 66 pullups
- 99 push-ups
- 165 squats

What do weigh? how old are you and how tall are u?

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
What do weigh? how old are you and how tall are u?[/quote]

I’m 22. 179 cm and 76 kg.

cool, est bf?

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
cool, est bf?[/quote]

my bodyfat is 18.7%

5 rounds for time.

3 pull-ups
10 push-ups
16 squats

5 min 51 sec - easy

Looking forward to moving up to the more challenging levels and I’m already feeling stronger in my pullups and I reckon I could match or beat my old max reps now, but I’m going to hold off till later in the prgramme.

For time.

16 Pull-ups
33 Push-ups
33 Squats

5 min 6 seconds

Easy - up to level 4 on monday.

Power snatch - 40kg 2 x 5

Back squat - 40kg 5 x 10

With back squats I can’t use much weight as I have no power rack, so I’m just going to increase reps.
I can’t seem to do the dropping the bar and catching it on my traps. I tried it with some weight and I just dropped it. I think its just a mental thing as Idon’t wana drop it on my vertebrae as I have done the numerous other times I’ve tried it haha

Pull-ups - 3 sets to form failure

8 - 8 - 8

Push-ups - 3 sets to form failure

30 - 20 - 20

Back Squats 45 kg 3 x 10

Are these your full workouts? i hope they aint

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
Are these your full workouts? i hope they aint[/quote]

Yea they have been at the moment. I’m on a pretty tight schedule at the moment - working full time and studying full time. Working out is getting put on the back burner for the time being -Also, my goals are not really mass orientated, but rather general health and fitness

To get a bit more bang for my buck I’m adding in clean and press next session. no point in deadlifting when I work out at home cause I dont have enough weight to do anything with it, unless I go high volume - but is it worth it with deadlifting?

I mean I only have 70kg in weight at home and although thats enough for me to progress my squat at the moment, my deadlift is over 100kg

When the ice has gone Sprins are coming back into the equation.

How old r u?