... / PGA: Where's Your Sack?

This is a message to a few of the longtime members here who have decided to leave T-Nation based on recent changes.

You are well respected here and it’s a shame that the time and energy you put into this site would be derailed by some small unfortunate incident.

This site is what we make it. If we don’t like something, speak up and T-Nation listens.

Again, you are respected and will be missed…

I must say however you are acting like little kids taking their ball home and not playing. Use the sack you’ve got and voice an opinion, contribute, but for shits sake don’t run away!

what happend? why is he leaving?

I don’t know anyone here in person but I am familiar with a lot of the regulars on here and your contributions are important. This place is a great source of info and laughs too.

I’m confused about the changes. I noticed there are some changes, but I’m not sure how these changes are big enough to legitimately piss someone off. Are there more changes than just some forum name changes? Am I missing something?

Meh. Sometimes you just decide that it’s time to move on. That’s the nature of internet forums, for better or worse.

[quote]OneEye wrote:
Meh. Sometimes you just decide that it’s time to move on. That’s the nature of internet forums, for better or worse.[/quote]

SRW dumped his avatar and … his name. I think it’s a shame and kind of silly that you would quit something you’ve put so much time into. Hell, he asked for life advice about uprooting his family, moving across the US and staring a new carreer…took it,…then boom…whahhh…I’m gone.

Does not make sense, and not logical.

and some of us, they just can’t get rid of.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
OneEye wrote:
Meh. Sometimes you just decide that it’s time to move on. That’s the nature of internet forums, for better or worse.

SRW dumped his avatar and … his name. I think it’s a shame and kind of silly that you would quit something you’ve put so much time into. Hell, he asked for life advice about uprooting his family, moving across the US and staring a new carreer…took it,…then boom…whahhh…I’m gone.

Does not make sense, and not logical.
[/quote]

I must say I am with you, Rockscar, in the sense that I am pretty baffled that the changes on this site are actually causing people to pack up and leave. For the most part, forums are what you make them to be. For instance, I don’t see how the “Rate My Physique” area has somehow killed the site like a lot of people are claiming. No one forces anyone to go there and, quite frankly, it’s one of the easiest areas to make a statement about the kind of look and training most people on here take seriously… so take advantage of that.

Anyway, as far as SWR and PGA go, if they are flat out leaving, I am baffled and would love to know what caused them to feel so pissed off they had to leave.

Me? Not going anywhere and I’m not the kind of person who is going to blow up at some changes around this place. Stagnation = death. Everyone likes to talk a big game about being T-men and taking some chances, so why shouldn’t the site mix things up too? And hell, these “changes” (which are incredibly minor) have been around… what? A week? 2 weeks?

I dunno… I just don’t get it myself.

Naw. SWR will be back. He’s got some things going on, that need his attention. He’s made a list of priorities. What’s wrong what that?

[quote]kroby wrote:
Naw. SWR will be back. He’s got some things going on, that need his attention. He’s made a list of priorities. What’s wrong what that?[/quote]

Absolutely NOTHING wrong with that.

But to … your name and dump avatar does not say I’m just on vacation!

Listen this is not meant to disparage them in any way, I just want to show my support and challenge their decision.

um are we talking about PGA or SWR or both?

both. I didn’t realize SWR changed his name and avatar–to what??

And I haven’t seen anything from PGA in a while, so yeah, I’m kinda wondering what happened to him. Did he really leave the site? Or is he just on vacation or stressed out? It would suck if he actually left.

Hell, I’ve been here since before there were forums. I don’t care if they get changed/deleted/added to/ or whatever else they come up with. I come here for info and supplements. The forums are a bonus if I feel inclined to surf the web or discuss something here.

And while I don’t think anyone gives a damn about my opinions, it is nice to be able to voice them sometimes. I don’t see any changes to this site that hinders this action so I am truly confused with the resentment about them. To each his own though.

P.S. on a side note, my wife and I love the addition of the Muscle w/ Attitude and the extra attention to females. So for that, thanks.

Both of these guys really contributed around here too.

[quote]Irish Muscle wrote:
maybe they ran away together…

naked[/quote]

Hahahaha! That’s right up PGA’s ally.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
and some of us, they just can’t get rid of.[/quote]

Like herpes…wait, bad analogy…damn I’ve got nothing else.

I am with you Rock.

PGA you bastard! You took my bass riffs and flew the coop! I KNEW I should have copywrited those T-Park soundtracks!!!

You better watch your back, I’m gunning for you.

I haven’t seen PGA post since around the time Anna Nicole died. Coincidence? You be the judge.

SWR is allegedly doing a little time for exposing himself in his new gym in AZ or NM or wherever he ended up. (this is just something I heard, so don’t take it as anything more than rumor).

People leave from time to time, that’s life. We only notice when it’s people we like. I have tried to leave, but I can’t quit T-Nation. It is an addiction.

DB

Maybe people just want to spend less time on the net? things change. I was a regular poster in the early days of T nation, actually at the start. This was app. 99- late 02. I was on of the first members of the now defunct dog pound.Then I stopped for a while and spent more time on a different web board.

I post now, but a lot less. I’m married and just have less time. That and things always get same old same old on any web site. This is one reason why I recommended to Dave Tate to not start a forum. Keep the Q and A but don’t get involved with a forum. Others agreed for soem fo the reasons I told Dave.

Remember, this isn’t the gym, the real world, your gal’s house, college etc. It’s recreation time.

Maybe some people go outside and other stuff such as that. Things change. Don’t stress over it.

I noticed there seem to be a lot fewer ‘Get a Life’ topics per day than there used to be.

Like everyone else has said, this place is what you make of it. I for one stay away from Rate my physique and the photos sections just because I don’t care. Heck, I spend 90% of the time here in off topic because the same question gets asked every other day in bodybuilding and supplements. If I had a dime for every time Muscle Milk was discussed or someone asking if they should still consume carbs PWO if they lift at night I would have like…$50.

Did they run away because over 35 is gone? WTF? I for one miss ChinaDoll and Barr’s pop tart posts more than anything. tear