Petition to Dismiss Dangerous Trolls

[quote]InTheZone wrote:
Corkonian wrote:
Agreed.
Someone give World or Bushy Mod powers for this section !

With all due respect to those members, I think it should be a majority of members all in agreement about someone, not any one or two individuals making the call regardless of who they are. That’s how you keep it unbiased in my opinion.[/quote]

With all due respect, whatever you think will be better for this forum than what i think :slight_smile:

Look guys -

Simple fact of the matter is that the mod positions here at T-Nation are real jobs. I mean they get paid for what they do.

It is just not going to be cost effective to have a mod paid to watch just a single forum - especially one as small as the Steroid Forum.

I think the sentiment being expressed is a valid one, but most of us are guilty of feeding these idiots in the first place.

The best way to clean this place up does not include a bunch of rules, or appointing a vet to be the sheriff. Just use the “Report Post” function. If enough of us would report potential dangers like Box and this monster guy, someone is going to get tired of being flooded with “report post” PM’s and take a look at the situation.

Good post RJ. And simple solution.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Look guys -

Simple fact of the matter is that the mod positions here at T-Nation are real jobs. I mean they get paid for what they do.

It is just not going to be cost effective to have a mod paid to watch just a single forum - especially one as small as the Steroid Forum.

I think the sentiment being expressed is a valid one, but most of us are guilty of feeding these idiots in the first place.

The best way to clean this place up does not include a bunch of rules, or appointing a vet to be the sheriff. Just use the “Report Post” function. If enough of us would report potential dangers like Box and this monster guy, someone is going to get tired of being flooded with “report post” PM’s and take a look at the situation.

[/quote]

That sounds like what I was implying, I didn’t realize there was a built in feature like this already. Forgive me but I don’t know wtf that is?

I agree with rainjack. It’s a lot of trouble/time for one guy to do any monitering. I was thinking more along the lines of common sense in if there’s a problem child amongst us, someone would start a thread for dismissal, and if/when a bunch of decent, regular posters possessing integrity and/or respect from everyone AGREE that said bastard child needs to go, well then we proceed to a real mod with the thread as evidence against the jackass.

I think this keeps any bias in check, as we all have different tolerances and opinions of idiots posting here, and it would take a real troll or fuckwad to get all of us in agreement. I like the thread approach for simplicity and it’s better than having an “exclusive” or “elitist” board of members or one individual reigning down on a mofo.

We are all decent guys here, despite a lot of difference of opinion and tolerance. But we all know damn well when there’s a fucking slothfuck among us wasting valuable time and energy of a great group of guys here and cluttering up this forum.

One thread, get a double digit amount of complaints, majority vote, shitcan the fucking douschebag at that point.

Take the thread to the mods, they deal with probation or elimination of asswipe from the AAS forum.

ToneBone

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Look guys -

[/quote]

This being said, I will be upfront about it.

Personally I don’t think it will work. I have been reporting idiots on a near daily basis lately, all to no avail. Simply put, I believe the mods could give a shit less about those few of us in the AAS sub-forum. And I don’t think they will anytime soon, after all AAS are those scary poisons that shrink your tallywhacker and make your kids born with 18 balls.

Reporting has been around for sometime and I have definitely taken advantage of it, yet nothing has happened. And nothing will.

Something needs to be done aside from reporting. I’m not sure what, but anything is better than the shit that has been spewed all over our little niche here at T-Nation.

World

[quote]World1187 wrote:
rainjack wrote:
Look guys -

This being said, I will be upfront about it.

Personally I don’t think it will work. I have been reporting idiots on a near daily basis lately, all to no avail. Simply put, I believe the mods could give a shit less about those few of us in the AAS sub-forum. And I don’t think they will anytime soon, after all AAS are those scary poisons that shrink your tallywhacker and make your kids born with 18 balls.

Reporting has been around for sometime and I have definitely taken advantage of it, yet nothing has happened. And nothing will.

Something needs to be done aside from reporting. I’m not sure what, but anything is better than the shit that has been spewed all over our little niche here at T-Nation.

World[/quote]

Yeah but understand there is power in numbers. They might not know World1187 from a hole in the ground even though we do, but they might think twice if a shitload of us took 2 minutes to do the exact same thing, or if we present them with said thread containing a shitload of guys in agreement about one asshole shitstain on the forum.

Don’t forget we do have a good friend in TC, and I believe he would help us in some way to get something tangible through the cracks w/regards to mod assistance.

ToneBone

No offense - but when there is just one person doing the reporting - it pretty much sounds like a whiner. Especially when that member has only been here a year.

If you get people who have put in several years here, and bought shit loads of Biotest stuff, it carries a little more clout.

I’m not bragging - as I rarely go to the mods bitching about stuff - but I usually get their ear when I contact them.

You guys can continue to try and swing at the shadows, or listen to someone who has been here for 5 years.

I can honestly tell you that you have not seen shit spewing if you think Boxer and WHAT’S HIS NAME are a big problem.

Boxer ismore dangerous than the other guy because he’s an instant expert. The other guy is just trying to piss everyone off - and doing a bang up job of it.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
No offense - but when there is just one person doing the reporting - it pretty much sounds like a whiner. Especially when that member has only been here a year.

If you get people who have put in several years here, and bought shit loads of Biotest stuff, it carries a little more clout.

I’m not bragging - as I rarely go to the mods bitching about stuff - but I usually get their ear when I contact them.

You guys can continue to try and swing at the shadows, or listen to someone who has been here for 5 years.

I can honestly tell you that you have not seen shit spewing if you think Boxer and WHAT’S HIS NAME are a big problem.

Boxer ismore dangerous than the other guy because he’s an instant expert. The other guy is just trying to piss everyone off - and doing a bang up job of it.

[/quote]

What is wrong with a thread with a bunch of us in agreement?
How is that not the most diplomatic and best approach to keep from any possible bias or complaint afterwards of being singled out by the douchebag?

Why is this not obvious to some of us here?

One guy doing it sucks, no matter how respectful or long he’s been here. And I still think mods or TC will look at numbers of complaints from difft people more than any one guy.

[quote]InTheZone wrote:
How is that not the most diplomatic and best approach to keep from any possible bias or complaint afterwards of being singled out by the douchebag?

One guy doing it sucks, no matter how respectful or long he’s been here. And I still think mods or TC will look at numbers of complaints from difft people more than any one guy.
[/quote]

I was replying to World.

I’m a level 4 purchaser and have been treated with the utmost disdain more than once when I have had problems that had little more to do with anything other than my account. My own experience tells me level doesn’t mean shit, and the problem is that members who stick mainly to the steroid forum are treated as a kind of paraiah around here.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
I’m a level 4 purchaser and have been treated with the utmost disdain more than once when I have had problems that had little more to do with anything other than my account. My own experience tells me level doesn’t mean shit, and the problem is that members who stick mainly to the steroid forum are treated as a kind of paraiah around here.

[/quote]

I don’t know what to tell you guys. I have never been treated badly by the mods.

I’m pretty sure I was the one who got the names of sources dropped from posts in this forum right after ORD, and all it took was one PM to explain the situation.

i will not sign the petition.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
InTheZone wrote:

I was replying to World. [/quote]

No, I know that,

I’m not just expressing that to you Rainjack, but to you and other guys thinking that it might work. Hell, it could, and at this point, if nobody wants to try the thread, I’ll vote for you.

I just see people somewhere down the line, disagreeing with one person being in charge, whether rightfully doling out terminations or not, it’s just human nature that we’ll start getting regulars disagreeing/arguing, and the whole thing would get ugly again. I could have my head up my ass too, bare that in mind, lol.

Anyway, like I said, let’s hear from some more guys. Hell there’s a lot of very experienced guys that sit back and chill too, that haven’t chimed in yet still. Even a “committee” of about 10 “vets”,(such as these other guys) 2the, lil guy, saps, you get the picture), (regular long time experienced guys) handling shit by chiming in on a group thread. We aren’t going to have that many trolls for long this way, and it could be used sparingly when shit calms down with clowns on the forum.

It would be easy as hell. We’re talking about guys who post often, so would see within a day, give or take, when some problem child needs dealing with as it appears on their thread, and then they vote in. Majority rule at whatever split desired by everyone…7/10 or whatever…

Talk to me guys…

Well i send TC a message informing him of said thread.
And if he would care to read and maybe respond to it, after all we ARE HIS companys purchasers, most L4’s and L5’s and others who are here since T-Nations inception.

I doubt TC will ignore it, yes its the roid forum BUT with no authors on T-Nation the vets round here are the last refuge for anyone needing advice/help.
Losing them because of some idiots would be a downright disgrace and shamefull moderating on t-nations part.

Heres hoping.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

The best way to clean this place up does not include a bunch of rules, or appointing a vet to be the sheriff.

[/quote]

RJ, you might not enjoy this, but I sure do. Your post gave me an idea.

Here’s my though. Let’s assume someone among us is appointed/elected to be the AAS mod. They should change their username to have “Sheriff” right before it (i.e. Sheriff rainjack, Sheriff Cortes, etc.) and then change their avatar to that of a sheriff’s star.

That would be some good shit.

World

Well i tried.

[quote]World1187 wrote:
rainjack wrote:

The best way to clean this place up does not include a bunch of rules, or appointing a vet to be the sheriff.

RJ, you might not enjoy this, but I sure do. Your post gave me an idea.

Here’s my though. Let’s assume someone among us is appointed/elected to be the AAS mod. They should change their username to have “Sheriff” right before it (i.e. Sheriff rainjack, Sheriff Cortes, etc.) and then change their avatar to that of a sheriff’s start.

That would be some good shit.

World[/quote]

Look here now guys…

The fuckhead has now invaded a serious topic thread of mine, and is fucking that up as we speak. Test/Tren …throwdown…

I’m really getting sick of this shit.

Petition officially signed.

Something needs to be done. I don’t know nor care exactly what other than something must be done.

World

[quote]World1187 wrote:
Petition officially signed.

Something needs to be done. I don’t know nor care exactly what other than something must be done.

World[/quote]

Thanks, knew I could count on you.

ToneBone

I agree. Let me know where to petition these fools out of here.

bmc