PETA's Letter to the NBA

Changed my mind. I hope the letter is real.

Then, I hope the NBA takes them up on the offer. If every player starts using mass amounts of the lotion, they could bankrupt peta and do everyone a favor.

Monopoly

[quote]Studio27 wrote:
… The rock is more important than those birds.

…[/quote]

Hysterical.

I hate PETA, but the letter was definitely funny.

Maybe Shaq and Lebron will do something about it.

PETA has a million members? Sure thing…prove it.

Has that group accomplished anything politically?

This picture is the only positive contribution PETA ever made to the world.

[quote]4est wrote:
Penn and Teller’s “Bullshit” episode for PETA.

It’s a T-Nation member must watch.

Possibly NSW due to lots of language.[/quote]

That was great…a must see

can’t believe nobody’s suggested responding by suggesting the omission of cowhide for ball coverings and the usage of PETA members’ hides in their place.

we’ll see who really loves the cows that much then.

www.petprofessional.net

Start from the first comic. The thing is pretty much a big F-U on PETA

[quote]johnny_law wrote:

PETA has a million members? Sure thing…prove it.

Has that group accomplished anything politically?[/quote]

I believe they have a million memberes. but 1 million out of ~6.5 billion people worldwide…

1,000,000/6,500,000,000

that’s a pretty small percentage.

[quote]marathe wrote:
can’t believe nobody’s suggested responding by suggesting the omission of cowhide for ball coverings and the usage of PETA members’ hides in their place.

we’ll see who really loves the cows that much then.[/quote]

their skin is too soft from the increased intake of vegetables. and the excess stockpiles of lotion – they have to get it from somewhere.

That’s an awfully sassy, testosteronish way to talk smack to big, scary professional athletes – at least coming from a professional soybean junkie.

Funny how PETA sponsors terrorists who bomb labs that perform animal testing, yet their vice president uses diabetes medication extracted from live dogs. Hmmm…BULLSHIT! (I mean, nonsense – I apologize for using such an un-P.C dysphemism for dishonesty so offensive to bovine males…I need to learn to behave myself.)

[quote]DtotheG wrote:
www.petprofessional.net

Start from the first comic. The thing is pretty much a big F-U on PETA[/quote]

From the folks who brought us Venture Brothers?

HA! I’m gunna get flamed, but fuck it. I agree 100% with that letter. And I eat meat. Even been on the AD before.

But, I do believe in animal rights, and while PETA members may be wacky, fucked up vegetarians crazy from too little iron and B-12, they do make some valid arguments at times.

I dont think that the use of balls played in NBA games is neccessarily causing the deaths of thousands of cows, but add that up with every NBA regulation ball sold in stores, and it comes out to a lot. Is there any logical reason a ball can’t be made from something different? And I said logical, not, “Ah, fuck the cows and those pussies too!” Growing up in Chicago we used to play stickball with rocks sometimes. ROCKS. And shit worked out fine. A leather-only ball is not a necessity.

Personally, I think a lot of the animal standards DO need to be changed. Just because somethings going to wind up on your plate eventully doesn’t mean they need to be hurt and mistreated from birth. You’re going to die someday. Might as well torture you for 20 years. Not gunna make a difference right? That kinda changes the perspective.

Same cruelty laws are also what allows a lot of the nasty ass hormones that are causing damage to anyone who eats meat consistently. That’s something we should all care about.

I don’t see what’s so hard about letting the animal live a hormone and torture free life, and then killing them painlessly (Jews do it. Part of the Kosher law. Lots of Kosher food gets sold, so it can’t be that hard. And you don’t even need the blessing part, just the humane slaughtering).

And calling out the NBA players was GREAT. Especially a kid that looks like that. I wish he was even nerdier looking. Sends the point right home. Can anyone say in all honesty you really feel bad for someone that makes $20 million per year and complains about a scratch on his hand? What a fucking baby.

This is T-Nation, home of tough guys and gals. A lot of us here work our asses off and train through a lot of bad injuries just to have some self satisfaction and to be able to look in the mirror every morning. Anyone who really feels the need to stick up for Shaq and his oversized girly hands on this has their priorities way out of wack, me thinks. It’s shit like that that gives all athletes a bad name. You men get paid more than enough. Play with what they give you and shut the fuck up.

Kubo

I find it a bit hard to believe that the NBA is actually going to go back to those tough stringy leather basketballs. What they need is a nice tender young veal ball. Heck I’d even help 'em club the seals, err, veal, err cows.

[quote]MikeKubo wrote:
I dont think that the use of balls played in NBA games is neccessarily causing the deaths of thousands of cows, but add that up with every NBA regulation ball sold in stores, and it comes out to a lot.[/quote]

1. Do you really think they kill cows primarily for their hide? No, it’s for the meat. The hide’s a “by product”.
  2. How do you know the cows used to make leather balls were treated “unethically?” Should they make kosher basketballs?

What’s so hard about it?

There are billions of mouths to feed in this world. Without hormones and farming, how would you feed the masses? Supply needs to meet demand. If there’s a shortage, what happens? Prices go up. Should we deny low income families from getting their protein source from farmed chickens? Would you pay $100 for a steak?

Also, with a low supply in free range meat, what happens to the economy? It crashes. Restaurants? Gone. Any store other than Whole Foods and farmers markets? Gone. And what about the people who work these jobs? Gone.

I can promise you that pro athletes have trained harder and longer than you have. And I’m pretty sure they’ve gone through their fair share of injuries.

You know what, I think it’s unethical to get milk from cows. I mean, I wouldn’t want people to yank on my nipples all the time. And isn’t that what PETA’s all about? Raising the standard of living of animals to that of humans? (That’s what I’m assuming, as I saw them equate the Holocaust to farming chickens and said animal farms are slaves like blacks were slaves centuries ago.)

You know what, I think I’m going to start a new organization. People for the Ethical Treatment of Plants. Fuck PETA for supporting deforestation by writing that letter on a piece of paper. And fuck them for using wood for their signs.

One thing I find rather ironic:
These dumbfucks are protesting the unethical treatment of animals, when their shirts probably were probably made by little kids in a sweatshop in Malaysia. How about focus on the unethical treatment of HUMAN BEINGS before worrying about animals.

Now if you excuse me, dinner’s ready. It’s salmon night. But I wouldn’t touch it if I were you, since they died such a painful death. Dying from suffocation is one shitty way to die.

[quote]Hook 'em wrote:
There are billions of mouths to feed in this world. Without hormones and farming, how would you feed the masses? Supply needs to meet demand. If there’s a shortage, what happens? Prices go up. Should we deny low income families from getting their protein source from farmed chickens? Would you pay $100 for a steak?

Also, with a low supply in free range meat, what happens to the economy? It crashes. Restaurants? Gone. Any store other than Whole Foods and farmers markets? Gone. And what about the people who work these jobs? Gone.
[/quote]

Is that what you truly believe will happen if animals are treated humanely?

I love burgers and steaks as much as anyone but this callousness irks me. It reminds me of those high and mighty “hunters” who shoot big cats. Never mind that the cats have had their claws and teeth removed, are starved to the point of death and caged in.

So while I hope you don’t choke on a fish bone your attitude towards animals pisses me off.

I love how PETA raged all of those billionair bitches. Go PETA!

[quote]MikeKubo wrote:
I dont think that the use of balls played in NBA games is neccessarily causing the deaths of thousands of cows, but add that up with every NBA regulation ball sold in stores, and it comes out to a lot. Is there any logical reason a ball can’t be made from something different? And I said logical, not, “Ah, fuck the cows and those pussies too!” Growing up in Chicago we used to play stickball with rocks sometimes. ROCKS. And shit worked out fine. A leather-only ball is not a necessity.

Kubo

[/quote]

They could be made of rubber, but isn’t rubber a byproduct of petroleum distillation?

So, using peta logic- You would have to drill more oil and distil it to make more rubber balls.

[hyperbolic rant]
This would be a vurtual holocaust! Not only is the oil industry a monolithic globaly tyranical death machine which reaps the souls of all who consume its varius products, and it would have yet another reason to slash and burn pristine, wise, old growth forrest- which we all know is the panacea of life on earth!

You Want To Destroy Life On Earth For Rubber Balls!
[end hyperbolic rant]

Screw peta. And screw them cows too. I’m going on a meat binge.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
They could be made of rubber, but isn’t rubber a byproduct of petroleum distillation?
[/quote]

Rubber comes from, as wacky as this sounds, the Australian Rubber Tree. Which kind of goes back to this thread’s aforemention PETP. Now if you’ll excuse me, I do believe my Roast Beef Au Jus is calling me.

[quote]Puny@138 wrote:
SkyzykS wrote:

Rubber comes from, as wacky as this sounds, the Australian Rubber Tree. Which kind of goes back to this thread’s aforemention PETP. Now if you’ll excuse me, I do believe my Roast Beef Au Jus is calling me.[/quote]

Natural rubber comes from the plant. It’s extremely rare to find natural rubber used in a commercial product. Like plastic and diesel, it all comes from dinosaur blood.