PETA Kills Animals

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
You’re right. I’m sure the Klan really does a lot of good as well, but most are just too blinded by their hate to see it.[/quote]

Well I left myself open for that response. Trying to state general principals is always risky. But I do think that in any emotionally healthy individual the issue of the Klan is simple while for animal rights it is a lot more complicated.

[quote]marza wrote:
“True enough. However, while I consider myself an animal lover and the humane treatment of animals is a matter of concern to me, I feel that PETA goes too far. By adopting their radical agenda, they turn people away from the incremental steps we could and should be making. I don’t think polarizing the issue is very helpful.”[/quote]

Agreed, Peta is radical. But there are radicals on both sides. It is also a radical position to argue that there should be no laws regulating how animals are treated, which many do. And much of what is considered to be a mainstream view today will seem to be a radical view 100 years from now. People who argued 100 years ago that children should be allowed to work in factories were in the mainstream. But suggest that now and you are a radical. Those who argue that today’s views on animals are perfect are going to be the radicals in the long run.

Some past mainstream views that are now radical:
– No cruelty to animal laws.
– Unregulated hunting.
– Animal vivisection.
– Dog fighting, bear baiting, cock fighting, etc.
– Treatment of animals in zoos.

[quote]marza wrote:
True enough. However, while I consider myself an animal lover and the humane treatment of animals is a matter of concern to me, I feel that PETA goes too far. By adopting their radical agenda, they turn people away from the incremental steps we could and should be making. I don’t think polarizing the issue is very helpful.[/quote]

For real. I wonder if in fact PETA isn’t secretly supported by big agro-business, factory farmers, big pharma and all the other more cruel and unnecessary animal abusers who want free reign to whichever extent expands profits.

PETA is a disgrace and an unfortunate discredit to the majority of which are sane animal treatment advocacy groups, while garnering a disproportionate amount of attention by their obnoxious and over-the-top antics.

It’s always the one who wants to throw bombs that is an undercover cop.

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
onewall wrote:
If you are absolutely, positively, tremendously pissed at one side of an argument, and absolutely sure that the other side is a bunch of mother f**ckers, and that you have all the answers, then you probably don’t have all the facts.

You’re right. I’m sure the Klan really does a lot of good as well, but most are just too blinded by their hate to see it.[/quote]

Well, he is right that we shouldn’t be “absolutely sure” (of a steely opinion) that the Klan is “all a bunch of motherfuckers”. If so, then we’d be just as messed up about them as they are about non-whites.

Being human fuck-ups (aren’t we all?), we should rather try to understand them as people, and then help rather than hate. The cycle of hate will not be ended by heaping up more and more hate but instead by understanding, and giving them an out, an opportunity to understand us.