T Nation

PETA Kills Animals

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

Hmmmm

[quote]PETA kills 85 percent of the animals it takes in, and finds adoptive homes for just 14 percent. By contrast, the Norfolk SPCA, whose shelter is located less than 4 miles from PETA’s headquarters, found adoptive homes for 73 percent of its animals in 2003. It?s rather hard to believe that the animals entrusted to PETA are any more likely to be “broken beings.”

Dana Cheek, the former (and most recent) director of the Norfolk SPCA, wrote to us recently:

"I often receive phone calls from frantic people who have surrendered their pets to PETA with the understanding that PETA will "find them a good home." Many of them are led to believe that the animals will be taken to a nearby shelter. Little do they know that the pets are killed in the PETA van before they even pull away from the pet owner's home ? PETA refuses to surrender animals they obtain to area shelters for rehoming. If only the celebrity "deep-pocket" donors on the west coast knew that their donations were going to kill adoptable cats and dogs here in Norfolk."

[/quote]

I have heard this before.

They are an abominable organization.

i concur.

I don’t blindly follow Penn & Teller, but their SHO show called Bullshit covered the hypocritical(sp?) shit that PETA pulls.

PETA does the work of the Devil!

South Park did a pretty good show on these nutbags; their leader was an uninterested-looking, grass-munching goat.

So are they just closet cat and dog killers? Or do they do this killing for the “good of the animals?”

I had to stop reading the stuff on that site because it infuriates me to tears. I wish we could do a tit-for-tat retaliation to these dirtbags and throw their bodies in dumpsters.

What kind of sick fuck can put down healthy puppies and kittens like they are parasites? I regard it the same as taking peoples babies and killing them.

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
So are they just closet cat and dog killers? Or do they do this killing for the “good of the animals?”[/quote]

yes they are closet pet killers, but that is only because they aren’t clever enough to catch any humans (other than a few idiot white suburbanite teenage girls and pussy emo guys)

Speaking of PETA, I saw a bumper sticker the other day that had me cracking up.

PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

[quote]tmoney1 wrote:
Speaking of PETA, I saw a bumper sticker the other day that had me cracking up.

PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals[/quote]

Better than:

People
Euthanizing
The
Animals

Screw PETA.

The conditions in which most farm raised animals are raised is nasty but shit happens.

#1. I didn’t climb to the top of the food chain by eating grass.

#2 False pretentiousness pisses me off.

#3 Screw PETA.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
Screw PETA.

The conditions in which most farm raised animals are raised is nasty but shit happens.

#3 Screw PETA.[/quote]

Therein lies my beef with PETA. They protest how animals for food are raised, yet they dispose of animals that are suitable to adopt? WTF kind of logic is that? Screw PETA. SPCA is defintely more about the animals than the controversy.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
Ghost22 wrote:
Screw PETA.

#3 Screw PETA.

Therein lies my beef with PETA. They protest how animals for food are raised, yet they dispose of animals that are suitable to adopt? WTF kind of logic is that? Screw PETA. SPCA is defintely more about the animals than the controversy.[/quote]

It is not about logic. It is about money and influence.

They raise money and are high profile. They don’t care about anything else.

SPCA is cool. I donate to them.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
Ghost22 wrote:
Screw PETA.

#3 Screw PETA.

Therein lies my beef with PETA. They protest how animals for food are raised, yet they dispose of animals that are suitable to adopt? WTF kind of logic is that? Screw PETA. SPCA is defintely more about the animals than the controversy.[/quote]

But giving them away to adoption is insulting the animals. As if they’re beneath us. They should be free and shouldn’t be held captive by us humans.

Surely you can see it’s in the animal’s best interest to be killed by PETA.

Obvious sarcasm aside, I’d like to see an organization rise up against them and if they can’t beat them in courts and make them broke and homeless, I’d hope they would take further action and cause them so much pain in their lives that spreading their PETA crap will be the last things on their minds.

I first heard about this a year ago or so, when they caught a PETA rep throwing away garbage bags full of dead cats at a mall dumpster. These people are reprehensible in every way imaginable.

Basically, I just vote with my dollar. Never do I buy factory farmed animal products from the grocer, and avoid factory farmed products as much as possible when dining out or attending a catered function.

I consider buying classically raised animals the best that we can do for the welfare of those we eat. And not only are the animals then treated more humanely, but then so often is our enviornment less polluted; including our own bodies. Example: Deficit defeating, essential Omega-3’s and CLA from a fatty cut of grass-fed ruminant (beef, elk, goat, etc.)

So the first thing I would do is support natural living for myself, and support the farmers and their organizations that make that possible. Then I would support organizations such as those for ethical veterinarians, working within the commercial food industry, or others who wish to reduce factory farm atrocity and externalization of costs from private industry to the public.

After that, SPCA and other organizations of similar quality affecting the humane treatment of animals who are pets, wildlife or food. But I can only go so far through these levels of contribution worthiness as my bank account allows. And right now, it’s just to buy the best foods that are available.

This website is outstanding:
http://www.themeatrix.com/

Regardless of who is killing the cute, adorable, adoptable pets, the fact is that each year there are millions of these that will not be adopted and there is no money to care for them. So shelters that do not euthanize actually contribute to the problem by encouraging more breeding of unwanted animals. That is why many animal rights organizations are actually against shelters that do not euthanize.

If you are absolutely, positively, tremendously pissed at one side of an argument, and absolutely sure that the other side is a bunch of mother f**ckers, and that you have all the answers, then you probably don’t have all the facts.

[quote]onewall wrote:
Regardless of who is killing the cute, adorable, adoptable pets, the fact is that each year there are millions of these that will not be adopted and there is no money to care for them. So shelters that do not euthanize actually contribute to the problem by encouraging more breeding of unwanted animals. That is why many animal rights organizations are actually against shelters that do not euthanize.

If you are absolutely, positively, tremendously pissed at one side of an argument, and absolutely sure that the other side is a bunch of mother f**ckers, and that you have all the answers, then you probably don’t have all the facts. [/quote]

You’re right. I’m sure the Klan really does a lot of good as well, but most are just too blinded by their hate to see it.

[quote]onewall wrote:
[/quote]

Ok, I’m only familiar w/ practices in the Northeast and Middle Atlantic states, but every shelter I’ve had dealings with either spays or neuters the pet before allowing it to be adopted or requires that that be done within some period after adoption if it cannot be done before.

While it doesn’t stop the problem of unwanted litters, it does at least ensure that the pets adopted from these shelters don’t add to the problem.

[quote]
If you are absolutely, positively, tremendously pissed at one side of an argument, and absolutely sure that the other side is a bunch of mother f**ckers, and that you have all the answers, then you probably don’t have all the facts. [/quote]

True enough. However, while I consider myself an animal lover and the humane treatment of animals is a matter of concern to me, I feel that PETA goes too far. By adopting their radical agenda, they turn people away from the incremental steps we could and should be making. I don’t think polarizing the issue is very helpful.

[quote]marza wrote:
onewall wrote:

Ok, I’m only familiar w/ practices in the Northeast and Middle Atlantic states, but every shelter I’ve had dealings with either spays or neuters the pet before allowing it to be adopted or requires that that be done within some period after adoption if it cannot be done before.

While it doesn’t stop the problem of unwanted litters, it does at least ensure that the pets adopted from these shelters don’t add to the problem.

If you are absolutely, positively, tremendously pissed at one side of an argument, and absolutely sure that the other side is a bunch of mother f**ckers, and that you have all the answers, then you probably don’t have all the facts.

True enough. However, while I consider myself an animal lover and the humane treatment of animals is a matter of concern to me, I feel that PETA goes too far. By adopting their radical agenda, they turn people away from the incremental steps we could and should be making. I don’t think polarizing the issue is very helpful.[/quote]

This is what I’m familiar with too. PETA is a money hungry lobby which incorporates celebs and other stupid people with money to exploit animals and their place in society as a means to fatten their pocket books. I mean, what kind of organization would seriously use someone like Pam Anderson as a spokesperson?