Pervasive Anti-Americanism

[quote]OKLAHOMA STATE wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
9/11 is a result of support for Israel. Say what you want about whether we should or shouldn’t support Israel, but just realize that 9/11 is a product of that.

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner.

Bin Laden and his thugs do not hate our freedoms. They aren’t jealous of us. They don’t want to kill us because we are “infidels”.

If any of you actually took the time to read his speeches (which aren’t published in our newspapers), he clearly states the reason for his anger is our support of Israel. He states his anger started in the early 80s when we stood by and let the Israelis destroy Beirut.

Of course this will never be debated here in our media, since the one freedom we don’t have here is debating whether or not our support for Israel is justified, since the minute you question that you are labelled as an “anti-Semite” or a “self-hating Jew” if you happen to be Jewish.
[/quote]

You are taking small components of bin Laden’s comments and using them to to reinforce your anti-Jewish position.

You have admitted that not only do you dislike Israel you dislike Jews in NYC.

You are continually labeled an anti-Semite because you are.

No Zap, I do not dislike Jews in NYC. Secular, mainstream Jews are actually pretty cool people who contribute a lot to our society.

I do have a problem with many of the orthodox/Hasidic Jews who think and act like non-Jews are animals and deserve to be treated as such. Come to NYC, walk through a Jewish neighborhood in Brooklyn, and we’ll see how you feel about the matter afterwards.

[quote]OKLAHOMA STATE wrote:
No Zap, I do not dislike Jews in NYC. Secular, mainstream Jews are actually pretty cool people who contribute a lot to our society.

I do have a problem with many of the orthodox/Hasidic Jews who think and act like non-Jews are animals and deserve to be treated as such. Come to NYC, walk through a Jewish neighborhood in Brooklyn, and we’ll see how you feel about the matter afterwards.

[/quote]

I don’t know what OSU’s previous comments were, but I have to agree with this one.

It’s the same as anything else in religion- the more extreme and rigid, the less fond I am.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
OKLAHOMA STATE wrote:

I don’t know what OSU’s previous comments were, but I have to agree with this one.

It’s the same as anything else in religion- the more extreme and rigid, the less fond I am.

[/quote]

Am I the only one who is tired of Judaism used as a race. Shouldn’t ‘secular Jew’ be an oxymoron?

[quote]holifila wrote:

Am I the only one who is tired of Judaism used as a race. Shouldn’t ‘secular Jew’ be an oxymoron?[/quote]

Get over it- its not up to us to define the cultural meaning.

Jews carry a strong sense of togetherness still, moreso than any other group I think. Plus, they have Israel, which is heavily supported by Jews over here.

The only way to “seperate” is those who support Israel (Zionists) and those that don’t (though I think they are few and far between).

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Didn’t say that. God created this country to be the guiding light of the world. Notice how its been the USA to slowly expunge evil, disease, poverty, hatred, from around the globe. Germany is peaceful and productive as is Japan. China and India have adopted capitalism (in various forms), and the USSR is gone.

Someday, most people of the world will enjoy a peaceful, clean, healthy middle-class American lifestyle.

Will they thank us?

Those who hate life, like those who bomb us today, don’t want those things. They worship and want death. We’ll provide that for them too and for that the world should DEFINITELY thank us.

God Bless Our Noble Country!!

Headhunter

[/quote]
“God created this country”…“guiding light of the world”…

LoL. You’re seriously fucking bat-shit crazy, there’s no other way to put it.

Those involved were arrested and charged. No reason to go invade their home land and murder thousands of innocent people. What is it with you fucking conservatives?

Irish-

“Zionism” does not mean supporting the state of Israel. “Zionism” means believing that Israel should stretch from the Euphrates to the Mediterranean like in Biblical times and using force and aggression to achieve that.

Opinion polls show that 50% of Israelis think Israeli expansion in the West Bank is bullshit (one of the core tenets of modern-day Zionism). So Zionism does not mean supporting Israel- plenty of Jewish folk love Israeli but aren’t Zionists. Zionism means believing Israel has a right to a lot of the land in the middle east and should aggressively expand its size.

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
Hack Wilson wrote: When the anger was replaced by the desire to just pretend like nothing happened, like we did after the first WTC attack.
Those involved were arrested and charged. No reason to go invade their home land and murder thousands of innocent people. What is it with you fucking conservatives? [/quote]

well…i guess i thought that if we had invaded the homeland and prosecuted a war instead of individuals…then…and i’m just spitballing here…3,000 civilians may not have been killed, at the same location, less than 10 years later? just a guess.

I think we all understand that the U.S. supports Israel. I hope we all understand, as well, that Israel NEEDS U.S. support in order to prevent their citizens from being murdered wholesale by the nation states that surround it.

That said, I think the main bone of contention between the ‘we had it coming crowd’ and anyone capable of logic and reason is that the United States support of Israel does not come anywhere close, not even in the same same universe, to justifying the MURDER of 3,000 American civilians on a Tuesday morning!

I do not have a problem with Palestinians, Saudis, Iranians, Arabs/Muslims in general and their opposition to Israel. What I have a problem with is their means of expressing that opposition (killing civilians in shopping malls, in their homes, at work, while they sleep, etc.). For me, their actions invalidate any crediblity their stance may have. My desire to oppose and retaliate against them for their actions overshadows my ability and desire to understand and react to the legitimacy of their argument.

If my 2 year old asks for a cookie and I say no and he reaches in his pants, takes a pile of shit of rubs it on my pants I’m not going to sit down and talk to him about that cookie he wanted. I’m probably not thinking about the cookie anymore. I’m probably thinking about punishing him and getting my fucking pants cleaned!

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Didn’t say that. God created this country to be the guiding light of the world. Notice how its been the USA to slowly expunge evil, disease, poverty, hatred, from around the globe. Germany is peaceful and productive as is Japan. China and India have adopted capitalism (in various forms), and the USSR is gone.

Someday, most people of the world will enjoy a peaceful, clean, healthy middle-class American lifestyle.

Will they thank us?

Those who hate life, like those who bomb us today, don’t want those things. They worship and want death. We’ll provide that for them too and for that the world should DEFINITELY thank us.

Headhunter

LoL. You’re seriously fucking bat-shit crazy, there’s no other way to put it.[/quote]

Why? All the evidence supports everything I said. If you can refute a single statement of mine, I shall hear it gladly.

Without this country, the world would be a jungle of fighting tribes, chaos ruling. I’d rather have a USA hegemony any day.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Inner Hulk wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Will they thank us?

Headhunter

Why? All the evidence supports everything I said. If you can refute a single statement of mine, I shall hear it gladly.

Without this country, the world would be a jungle of fighting tribes, chaos ruling. I’d rather have a USA hegemony any day.

[/quote]

Wow…

and you wonder why the world hates the US…

I love the US, I am a proud American but to think that the “world would be a jungle of fighting tribes, chaos ruling.” Have you ever left the US. There are some pretty smart people in Europe, Asia, Canada. I think the US has been a major factor in the world today but to say that the world would be a jungle without us is just crazy.

I am guessing you don’t teach History

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Inner Hulk wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Will they thank us?

Headhunter

[/quote]

The world IS a jungle of fighting tribes.Do you honestly believe that there is less conflict now than there was before the U.S. became the only superpower?
And how would you define hegemony in this particular scenario?My guess would be that 4 billion or so people have no interest in hegemony of any kind.And that’s no bad thing,because the world is a far better place because of its diversity.
In my opinion of course.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

…that’s cultural myopia in a nutshell. To alot of people outside of the US, it’s the constant meddling by the USA in affairs that did not concern them [outside of financial gains] that results in chaos and mayhem. I don’t think you’d be so quick to root for a USA hegemony if you were at the receiving end of it’s perceived righteousness, but thenagain, the ability to empathize with other views than your own isn’t your strong suit, is it?

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
God created this country to be the guiding light of the world.

Headhunter

Are you going to tell us that God told you that?

The voices you hear are not God speaking to you.[/quote]
God told your wife to cheat on you with the Paper boy

[quote]Hack Wilson wrote:
well…i guess i thought that if we had invaded the homeland and prosecuted a war instead of individuals…then…and i’m just spitballing here…3,000 civilians may not have been killed, at the same location, less than 10 years later? just a guess.[/quote]
If 10 schmucks from Kentucky bomb a building in China, is it then China’s right and duty to invade the United States? Your logic is flawed, dumb fuck.

Hubris.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]
If I can refute a single statement? How about for starters your god doesn’t exist?

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
Hack Wilson wrote:
well…i guess i thought that if we had invaded the homeland and prosecuted a war instead of individuals…then…and i’m just spitballing here…3,000 civilians may not have been killed, at the same location, less than 10 years later? just a guess.
If 10 schmucks from Kentucky bomb a building in China, is it then China’s right and duty to invade the United States? Your logic is flawed, dumb fuck.[/quote]

good one. i’d say no to banning the kentucky schmucks from china. unless kentucky schmucks begin waging an organized long-term war against the chinese, killing chinese citizens again and again.

kentucky schmucks blow up a chinese military boat, bomb a chinese military base and a chinese embassay, bomb a building, kill some folks…then do it AGAIN and kill THOUSANDS of folks…well then…having actually BEEN to china and fuckign lived there for more than a year, DUMB FUCK, i’d say without a doubt that china WOULD ban not only kentucky schumcks, they’d ban all US citizens, yes.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
rainjack wrote:
I think that “…one nation, under God…” was added to the pledge in the 50’s.

It was, in order to seperate us from the supposed “godless” communists.
[/quote]

Why does an empire which actively suppressed and derided religion –
using classrooms, secret police, and gulags – get quote marks around “godless”? Could it have been possible to be more “godless” than the communist’s violently hostile view of religion?