Personal Training Practice Exam Help

Studying for my final exam for personal training any help would be appreciated also with an explanation please not just the answer!
Name the contraindicated movement shown in the Leg press shown here?
a) Hyperextension at the Hip complex.
b) Hyperflexion at the Hip complex.
c) Posterior tilt at the Hip complex.
d) Anterior tilt at the Hip complex

I’m gonna go with Hyper Flexion of the hip complex.

It looks like dude’s hips “turned under” or “butt-winked” at the bottom.

Like his pelvis “flexed” too much. The front of his hips and bottom of his ribs came together(hip flexion). Dude went too far, his butt came off the pad, he curled up at the bottom.

Posterior Pelvic Tilt is maybe the Possibe/Tricky answer? Dudes pelvis is “tilted” to the back, but in my opinion, he moved into that position as a result of hyper flexion. He didn’t start with his pelvis tilted that way.

Real life answer; Dude’s disks are at risk!

1 Like

I am ISSA Certified, so I had different examinations. Some of them can be quite hard and difficult to understand. Regardless, this picture is a bad one, in that their model is wearing BLACK SHORTS on a BLACK SEAT of the machine. He should be wearing something brighter to distinguish what you’re looking for.

With that said - and I may be totally wrong here, so take it with a grain of salt - I’d have to say either B or D.

B. His Hip Complex is flexing, but his glutes and that region seem to be coming off of the machine to complete the repetition

C. We hear about Anterior Pelvic Tilt often, but never Posterior Pelvic Tilt (but it is a thing). With this picture it looks like his Hip complex is tilting in a posterior fashion too much, but I’ve never heard of it when using a Leg Press or anything…

Overall, weird question in which the answers for both B & C are quite similar. But I am assuming this is a multiple choice examination, so getting one wrong shouldn’t be the end of the world.

Best of luck!

Shoulder and elbow flexion, because there’s no reason to have his hands up like that.

But yeah, the answers are poorly worded but I’d go with B.

When/if you pass your test, maybe take a read of the personal trainer’s thread for info about actually getting started in the biz.