Personal Training Certs: What Do You Know?

title pretty much states it all. i’m not going to school this semester, and i want to get a certificate. tell me what you know about any of them. i know nothing about the certificates, so fill me in on what you know.

I don’t think most are that great. I don’t see much new and exciting information coming from these organizations. Those that I think show a level of expertise by attaining are NSCA CSCS and Charles Poliquin’s certifications. Most places probably don’t even know who Charles is and might not think it’s any better than ACE or whatever. Dave Palumbo’s S.M.A.R.T. online is very inexpensive and not difficult. It will get you something you can start training with. I imagine the S.M.A.R.T. classes and seminars in-person are pretty good.

search function.

[quote]Pretzel Logic wrote:
I don’t think most are that great. I don’t see much new and exciting information coming from these organizations. Those that I think show a level of expertise by attaining are NSCA CSCS and Charles Poliquin’s certifications. Most places probably don’t even know who Charles is and might not think it’s any better than ACE or whatever. Dave Palumbo’s S.M.A.R.T. online is very inexpensive and not difficult. It will get you something you can start training with. I imagine the S.M.A.R.T. classes and seminars in-person are pretty good. [/quote]
i’ll google these ones you mentioned, thanks for the suggestions