T Nation

Personal Trainer

Just curious to know what T-men think about online Personal training?
Does anybody have any experience in this regard? i cam across one called “GHF” which supposedly has 30 experts at your disposal and one of them is Tom Venuto( author of Burn The Fat, Feed the Muscle)
Another one was Casey Viator’s training program.

This-a-here very website is essentially an online personal training forum! Look around, you will be impressed!

There’s some good one’s and there’s some bad ones. Good one’s are hard too find. They either already are established and are booked w/ clients and really can’t take any on. Or work in colleges or pro sports.

bandgeek is right also. This site is essestially an online presonal trainer. You have a lot of info at your fingertips here…

[quote]fitone wrote:
There’s some good one’s and there’s some bad ones. Good one’s are hard too find. They either already are established and are booked w/ clients and really can’t take any on. Or work in colleges or pro sports.

bandgeek is right also. This site is essestially an online presonal trainer. You have a lot of info at your fingertips here…[/quote]

Completely agree and I probably spend more time on this site at work than I’m supposed to :)( in fact the site is always up). I have always trained alone and am in decent shape compared when I started off. I am really keen on knowing how far ( probably a small time competitor) I could go. The personal trainers I see in the gym really don’t impress me (they do more socializing than anything else)and the strength gurus( e.g CW, since I am scottsdale, AZ)are way out of my league. So I was looking at online personal training and when I came across Casey’s site, found it very inviting to train under a famous bodybuilder.

Thanx anyways :slight_smile:

The best suggestion I can make to you is to become your own personal trainer. The various personal training certifying bodies vary greatly in quality. And with every certification there are good and bad trainers. The people that can really help you are those that are highly educated with multiple degrees and as mentioned earlier they mostly work with professional/collegiate athletes. The good thing is that those same highly educated people do a lot of writing. Many of the best write articles right here on this website. Start reading. Read books on training. Read as many articles on this site as possible. Ask questions on the forums. Learn to train yourself and be your own personal trainer. You’ll be more satisfied, and I would bet you’ll even be more successful in your training and nutrition. So start reading!!