T Nation

Personal Trainer Jokes

Got this Idea from the lawyer joke thread.

So how about it? Have any good jokes about the other profession that we love to hate?

I dont know any, but someone around here must, hell, make up your own.

Smith Machine and personal trainer make a great couple.

As a personal trainer I take offesne this thread! *LOL Just kidding…but I would much rather hear some “Gym Pick up lines” not just pick up lines in general, but lines that would only work in the gym or about specific muscle groups…check my Gym pick up lines for some good ones.

How many personal trainers does it take to change a light bulb?

None, they just stand around and tell the electrician he’s doing it wrong and would get much better results using the light-bulb-changing machine.

Sorry, I just made it up (No offense, 6foot6).

This really isn’t a joke, it’s more of an observation. And, yes, I worked as a personal trainer for a year back in the mid 90’s.

When dealing with a client, after the initial, “Here’s how you do this exercise phase”, being a trainer ends up being 5% educator, 10% motivator, and 85% shrink.

I could tell thousands of stories regarding the drama at clients’ workplaces, with their families, etc. Perhaps that was why, as a group, the trainers worked out the most. But they also drank (alcoholic beverages) and smoked the most, too. Go figure.

[quote]grappler wrote:

When dealing with a client, after the initial, “Here’s how you do this exercise phase”, being a trainer ends up being 5% educator, 10% motivator, and 85% shrink.

[/quote]

That’s about the way the percentages break down for lawyers as well.

You know, I use to really hate the main personal trainer in my gym, but now my opinion on him has changed.I didnt just disagree with the methods he used, I really didn’t like him. He’s probably in his late 20’s, and is ALWAYS working out/flirting with teenage girls. Usually pretty young ones, around 14-16. It always really pissed me off cause he’d always be joking with and laughing and making them laugh while he “trained” them. I thought he was such a perv. But then, a couple weeks ago as he’s leaving the gym he sees a girl with downs syndrome walking the track. He does a few laps with her, and has that same laughing and smiling tone as he does with the attractice girls in the gym, which I thought was his disgusting flirting. I still think as a trainer he is terrible, but I don’t think they’re all bad people now.