T Nation

Personal Records, Goals and Motivation

these last few weeks have been good. I've made good gains in muscle mass and strength. my incline bench went up to 260lbs. going for 315lbs before the end of the year. bent-over barbell row went up to 225lbs, going for 260lbs, before the end of the year. military-press went up to 195lbs, going for 225lb before the end of the year. my dead lift went up to 370lbs, going for 450lbs before the end of the year.

I’m trying to get my numbers to a respectable level. I know am not advanced as some of the vets on this site. but i will be in time. I see you guys as motivation. to push my self harder. to one day, in the words of kai green. to unveil something more then beautiful.

I wanna hear from all you guys and females too. what pr have you made recently? what are your goals? who or what helps you train harder.

I only work in the 10 rep range but i do do dropsets or strip sets to progress - current goals are

• incline bench 150 lb dumbbells for 10 reps
  • barbell incline 315 in the short term and 405 in the long term
  • glute bridge 495 for 10 reps

I was able to ‘squat’ 450lbs before, it’s in quotes because although I thought it was legitimate, it was a half squat. I have since lowered the weight and aim to hit that number with a full ATG squat, at the moment I am at 405.

My motivation is simple, I like to be cocksure and confident when I talk to others about physiology and nutrition, but I know my place as well and (hopefully) know when to shut up. So I’m working to decrease the amount of times I need to shut up, by being able to do (and learn) more.

What helps me train harder? I hate losing, especially to myself (in regards to intensity).

I think you should set your goals a lot higher. You’re giving yourself 8 months to add 30lbs to your BB Row.

[quote]babaganoosh wrote:
I think you should set your goals a lot higher. You’re giving yourself 8 months to add 30lbs to your BB Row. [/quote]

I am, these are my short term goals. in my original post. I said before the the end of the year. I should have been more specific. its just a general time frame. I will reach my goals much sooner then 8 months.