T Nation

Personal Protection Schools

This is definitely off-topic, but since I know there a ton of people on this site from a myriad of different backgrounds and occupations I figured my chances of finding someone who either works or has worked in the field of personal protection are pretty good.

I’m currently working as a trainer, but have a background in law enforcement and private security. I’ve always had an interest in personal protection or “bodyguarding” as it’s more commonly known and have decided this is the year i’m gonna finally pull the trigger and go after it. I’m 99% sure i’m going to attend Dr. Kobetz school in Virginia, the Executive Prtoection Institute after reading nothing but rave reviews about it. It’s pretty pricey though, and before I commit I’d like to know if anyone here has either gone through the course themselves or know someone who has, and what their thoughts are on it.

Any feedback at all would be greatly appreciated.

Really??

Did you just make fun of your own post?

Nice one.

Haha I suppose I did.

We have a winner!

Do you live in Virginia, Irish?

Vermont

2 sites you may be interesyed .
http://www.targetfocustraining.com/
http://www.frontsight.com/landingpg-1.asp?src=gaw&kw=front%20sight&gclid=CL6D16q2h5oCFSRPagodOg-1-w

Thanks Pitt I’ll check those out

Front site is decent. A few celebrities have trained there for their movies. But if you ever give them your contact info you’ll endless snail mail, emails and even get automated phone call messages left every month or so selling something.

You think EPI is expensive? Check out ESI in Aspen… craziness.

honestly man, if you’re willing to drop the cash, and have backround as a LEO, why not just do the blackwater executive security course? if you can pass the backround check as well as the physical/technical standards, that’ll give you the most bang for your buck.

[quote]The Ronin wrote:
Front site is decent. A few celebrities have trained there for their movies. But if you ever give them your contact info you’ll endless snail mail, emails and even get automated phone call messages left every month or so selling something.

You think EPI is expensive? Check out ESI in Aspen… craziness.

[/quote]

Yeah I looked at ESI but it’d be like going to college again…financial aid applications and the whole deal, not to mention i’d have to fly out and back. Looks like an outstanding course though. If only money was no object :slight_smile: