Personal Message

I just had the option of sending a personal message to a guy on the forum.

Is this a new feature? As I can’t find it now.

I’ve been wanting this option for a while now.

I think I recall @Chris_Colucci mentioning that it was a thing a while back but got removed

Yeah I’ve seen people talk about it a few times. I just wondered if it was coming back.

1 Like

We ran into a long list of problems the before, so I wouldn’t recommend any sort of breath holding.

3 Likes

I thought you could make your contact details on your profile public?

People can then contact you that way (and visa versa) and if it’s not public just assume they don’t want folks slipping into their DMs…

@Chris_Colucci ?

Let’s compromise with impersonal messaging. Can I tell other posters to tell other posters something for me?

3 Likes

I thought this said “personal massage” and jumped right in. Props for the clickbait title!

2 Likes

@TrainForPain It’s my side hustle. Working up thread hit for T nation. More hit, more advertising.

Perhaps I’ve misread something. But whilst replying to someone on a thread a little box appeared in the preview asking if I’d like to send a personal message. I just wondered if Tnation were bringing back an old function.

@Mod_Phoenix - I can’t even imagine the issues around messaging.

1 Like

As far as I know, that’s not a feature we’ll be bringing back to the forum. Like Phoenix said, many bad apples spoiled the bunch a long time ago, which resulted in a salting of the earth behind them. It’s not likely to come back.

Members can post contact info (e-mail addresses, social media handles, etc.) in the About Me section of their profile (not in forum posts) and it can be viewable by other members.

1 Like

I’d suggest intrapersonal messaging for a few people, so they can just go talk to themselves.

5 Likes

After replying to the same guy a few times, I got this:

Just in case you wanted to know the circumstances behind the error. It let me actually set up a message and everything.

1 Like

This is what I saw and why I started the thread.

Thanks @flappinit - I thought I was crazy for a while.

1 Like

when I clicked it, it started a new thread- not a personal message

Happened to me today as well

hey, thats me!

Can you send the message to @T3hPwnisher so he can send it to me first though?

1 Like

You seem to have special powers here

Wasn’t there a time where you could edit other ppl’s posts?

It would be so cool to edit your post now so that it was never seen and then I could send you a screenshot of this out of band. But that’s not something I can do (anymore).

1 Like