Permanently Torn Rotator and Labrum

I had “debriment” surgery and had bursa removed and acromion bone shaved down for a partially torn rotator cuff and partially torn labrum. The Dr. said he could not repair the cuff (or labrum) because it was more of a fray in the middle of tendon and not clean off the bone where you can reattach to the bone with anchors. That was 6 yrs ago and I’ve only returned to 75-80% of previous strength levels due to constant pain. So basically I’m stuck with a permanently torn rotator and labrum.

I recently re injured it. In process of rehabbing it now.

My question is has anyone here suffered this kind of injury or know anyone who has and still continues to train full bore? Is this common for long term weightlifters?

Also what is the future for someone with this type of injury?

I’m basically wondering if this is the beginning of the end for me and if it will just keep getting worse until I can’t train most pressing movements anymore.

Any suggestions of fixing this? I heard of using cadaver tendons or pigs tendons, PRP and other supposedly cutting edge stuff.

[quote]as wrote:
I had “debriment” surgery and had bursa removed and acromion bone shaved down for a partially torn rotator cuff and partially torn labrum. The Dr. said he could not repair the cuff (or labrum) because it was more of a fray in the middle of tendon and not clean off the bone where you can reattach to the bone with anchors. That was 6 yrs ago and I’ve only returned to 75-80% of previous strength levels due to constant pain. So basically I’m stuck with a permanently torn rotator and labrum.

I recently re injured it. In process of rehabbing it now.

My question is has anyone here suffered this kind of injury or know anyone who has and still continues to train full bore? Is this common for long term weightlifters?
[/quote]
Tore my left supraspinatus three years ago-ish (grade 2 strain, never had it diagnosed by a doc), never really stopped me from training but when you test it it is exceptionally weak. Made pretty decent gains.

[quote]as wrote:
Also what is the future for someone with this type of injury?

I’m basically wondering if this is the beginning of the end for me and if it will just keep getting worse until I can’t train most pressing movements anymore.

Any suggestions of fixing this? I heard of using cadaver tendons or pigs tendons, PRP and other supposedly cutting edge stuff.[/quote]
Doesnt have to be the end, but you need professional level rehab, not just googling stuff. You need to address neuromuscular control in the glenohumeral joint and scapulothoracic junction, strength in rotator cuff and scapular rotators, probably some lower c-spine control and other postural issues.

There is probably significant scarring in the rotator cuff tendon by this point; rehab will be long and require realigning the fibres. Not sure you are a good candidate for PRP or other modern techniques, sounds like you need good old frictions and a whole lot of focused exercises.